4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by tamoore
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How long do you normally keep your games for?”

• 3 months or less 3 votes
      3%
    • 3-6 months 5 votes
      5%
    • 6 months to a year 12 votes
      12%
    • 1 to 2 years 15 votes
      15%
    • More than 2 years 40 votes
      40%
    • I don't sell games...ever! 25 votes
      25%

(100 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 4 years ago

I was hoping to get an idea of how long people normally keep their games for. I realize that certain machines are special and end up staying a lot longer (or never leaving). I'm looking for an average time that a game stays in your collection. Do you turn machines around fast to keep the collection fresh, or do you choose carefully and avoid making changes?

#2 4 years ago

I have had 15 games ever, and usually around 5-6 at a time over 12 years (fuzzy math) I'm going to say the games I have sold were in my collection for around 5 years. (on average) give or take, some games might be 2 years some might be 10 years.

The games I have currently if I made an average time of ownership would be 3 years

#3 4 years ago

I must have ADD 6 months average

#4 4 years ago

2-10 months

#5 4 years ago

I keep the ones that keep beating me!

If they seem easy, or for whatever reason dont "catch me", off they go!

Right now, 90% are keepers....which does not make the Mrs. happy.

Some have lasted over 15 years....others a week.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Right now, 90% are keepers....which does not make the Mrs. happy.

Why is she not happy? Does she want different games?

#7 4 years ago

She is likely unhappy as she only has like 17 to choose from.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Why is she not happy? Does she want different games?

Because 4 have invaded the family room, and when she is in the kitchen, she see the Zombies all day on TWD!

So, a couple are garage bound, which doesnt make me happy. I am trying to take over the living room.....

I imagine others have this issue?

Quoted from CNKay:

She is likely unhappy as she only has like 17 to choose from.

Shoot, is that how many I have now?....I dont want to sell anything, its getting harder to find nice games here.

I feel like I always NEED a few more!!!!!

(No basements in Florida)

#9 4 years ago

My keeper collection aside, games in a revolving door usually last 1-2 years. There are a couple I've found disgusting and got rid of them sooner, but typically it's a couple years.

#10 4 years ago

Does it have something to do with how many machines you have? I only have space for two and I know that I get tired of mine fairly quickly. It makes sense if you only have a couple of machines to play that they get a lot of plays in a short amount of time.

#11 4 years ago

all the games I have now my daughter will inherit

#12 4 years ago

I don't sell many. Scared Stiff has been here the longest at 15 years.

#13 4 years ago

I sell when I have to.

#14 4 years ago

I can't fathom the thought of getting rid of/ swapping any of mine......guess I'm a "Pin Hoarder"....

#15 4 years ago

I like to do a rotation. Keeps things fresh. Oh course I've got a couple bolted to the floor over the years.

#16 4 years ago

Until I get tired of it. Some I can't wait to get rid of. Others I still have after 5 years and don't have plans to get rid of.

#17 4 years ago

What's the quickest you've gotten tired of a game?

#18 4 years ago

For me it seems to usually be about a year. Usually sell to fund another. I'm getting to the point though where I don't want to sell some of my collection though

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from n1teowl:

What's the quickest you've gotten tired of a game?

12 hours. Magnotron. Bought it, moved it about 20 feet, and sold it. It wasn't because I was tired of it, it was because I wasn't interested in it.

#20 4 years ago

This is a difficult question for me to answer, since about 18 months ago I regained lost interest in not playing or following pinball for years.
    I think the catalyst was seeing WOZ, never saw anything like it, also I really hadn't played a Stern until last year at the Expo.

So I had 3 pins RS (sold after 8 years), T2 (sold after 12 years) and Pin Bot (still own about 22 years). I added pins over the last 15 months and of those games I like what I own, really maxed out on room and don't plan to sell any at this time.

#21 4 years ago

Like others, it depends. I have had LW3 for 10 years and finally decided to try and sell it recently. I have had up to 19 at one time but usually have 14. Tommy made it 5 years. JD 4 years. Miss them both. Acdc(Luci) and Pinball Magic will never leave..ever! Lol. I could see JM and Maverick leaving soon. Had them for 5 years. I think my average time is 4-5 years now that you got my brain thinking about it

#22 4 years ago

I've had LOTR for about a year and will never get rid of her. Course I only have room for 1 pin so it would take something epic to knock her out. Was contemplating a switch to GOT, but then I saw it.

#23 4 years ago

I have pins in the basement, living room, dining room, family room, entry hall, and still have some in the garage and in storage (don't have time to do or finish any restores that I have started at this point). I have had 1 (1st pin) for 15 years...I am pretty content with what I have (I know, I know!!) and I very seldom sell or trade any of them and don't have any at this point that I would be ready to. So I just enjoy what I have! So I wouldn't say "never", but I very rarely sell/trade a pin!

Phoebe

#24 4 years ago

If it's not a "keeper" title, six months to a year an a half. Some less, some more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 10.00
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 69.00
    $ 149.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 269.00
    $ 44.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 0.10
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Stuff
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside