(Topic ID: 232379)

How long do you cook a turkey in the microwave?

By Billc479

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Billc479
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Turkey.gif
    #1 5 years ago

I fell for this prank from one of my kids - I thought I would share it so you can be prepared. Apparently, this is a game best played with a group while indulging in adult beverages - Everyone sends a text to someone they know that cooks, and asks the above question. Afterwards, they sit back and read the responses to each other, and whoever gets the best response gets a free drink from the group. (With lots of discussion, of course!)

So be prepared, and share your thoughts. Merry Christmas and happy cooking!

#2 5 years ago

I would try 5 hours at high first then check for readiness.

#3 5 years ago

Microwave?

If you really want to get them excited tell them you are thinking about deep frying!

Turkey.gifTurkey.gif

#4 5 years ago

Is that with or without feathers?

#5 5 years ago

I typically just push the button with the little picture of the turkey on it

#6 5 years ago

I tried once but couldn’t get the turkey to fit in the microwave, the damn thing kept scratching and biting me.

#7 5 years ago

Just keep hitting the popcorn button until that little red popup button pokes out

#8 5 years ago

I don’t get WHY you would microwave one....Unless you wanted a rubber turkey

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

I don’t get WHY you would microwave one....Unless you wanted a rubber turkey

Actually convection microwaves can cook just like an oven believe it or not, I didn’t believe it till I tried it.

Basically the microwave heats the air, Instead of the food, and the fan circulates the hot air just like an convection oven.

Welcome to the future, like 5+ years ago...

#10 5 years ago

If one of my friends texted me that, they would be getting free drinks.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Actually convection microwaves can cook just like an oven believe it or not, I didn’t believe it till I tried it.
    Basically the microwave heats the air, Instead of the food, and the fan circulates the hot air just like an convection oven.
    Welcome to the future, like 5+ years ago...

They make killer biscuits too.

#12 5 years ago

And to answer the OP’s question we would need to know how much the turkey weighs?

I think it’s a safe bet to say 3 to 5 hours in a convection microwave to cook a turkey, smaller size of course.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

I fell for this prank from one of my kids - I thought I would share it so you can be prepared. Apparently, this is a game best played with a group while indulging in adult beverages - Everyone sends a text to someone they know that cooks, and asks the above question. Afterwards, they sit back and read the responses to each other, and whoever gets the best response gets a free drink from the group. (With lots of discussion, of course!)
    So be prepared, and share your thoughts. Merry Christmas and happy cooking!

My wife says, and I quote, “sell all your pinball machines, and go to cooking school.”

#14 5 years ago

You heat you do not cook in a microwave

#15 5 years ago

Eskaybee -
    I've already been to cooking school - that's why I fell so hard for the prank! I've obtained all my machines after cooking school, so..... not for sale

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-long-do-you-cook-a-turkey-in-the-microwave?hl=budmanpinfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.