Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    superbandssuck.jpg
    1416611114842.jpg
    download.jpg
    super-bands_hundreds_of_plays.jpg
    image-103.jpg
    image-396.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 9 years ago

Had SB and some of the Saturn Rings on my games for a good while now and they look and play fantastic. No issues.

#34 9 years ago

I don't really understand the "they play like crap" comments. They play very close to black rubber IMO. There is a pretty marked difference to red rubber (or other colored rubber)...but pretty much the same difference that exists between red and black rubber.

I can drop catch, orbit pass, bounce pass, etc. with them. So I'm not sacrificing those things. But they don't make those objectives easier IMO. They do make your shots more accurate and give an overall feeling of having more control.

I'm a purist too, but these things look so beautiful on the games, they do last longer, they do help keep the game cleaner and I do "play better" with them on. So I'm pretty much a convert.

I do put normal rubber back on my games occasionally, for a different feel, but not long term.

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from someoneelse:

Same here. To me they actually feel closer to standard black rubber than standard red rubber feels to standard black. If you want colors but want a more original bounce than with colored standards, superbands are the way to go.
    The grip is quite different, but that also changes if you don't clean them to often. New standards have massive grip too, but dirt sticks to them much faster so grip is heavily reduced after just a handful of games. With superbands it takes much longer until grip is reduced by dirt buildup.
    Got them on all my games for quite some time now and not a single blemish so far. Since some have bubbles in them i'm guessing those are the ones that break? I sorted those out before installing them. Rate of bubbled ones was about 1 out of 10.

You make a good point that suggests a lot of "purists" may just enjoy playing with dirty rubbers. And scratched up balls no doubt. Something I've long suspected!

Quoted from pinster68:

I have a green set on my CFTBL. My pin doesn't get a lot of play but I'll be watching for chunks now...

Have green on my FT that I play quite a bit. Fine so far.

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That's hilarious. Some purists like the machine to play the way it was designed to play.

I guess that means purists don't play on route? Meaning that routed games are usually in FAR worse condition than when they left the factory. It's just a matter of time IMO before new games start shipping with these (probably when the manufacturers run out of their stock). Then we can say they were designed that way.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-long-do-superbands-usually-last?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.