(Topic ID: 161875)

How long can you keep a collection run perfectly (dmd games)

By Cheese_WizardPQ

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How is your lineup?”

• Always running and 100% functionnal 4 votes
      11%
    • It happens. But I can count them 10 votes
      28%
    • Forget it. There will always be something. 22 votes
      61%

(36 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheese_WizardPQ.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I was wondering; how long guys with a 20-30 games collection can keep their lineup 100% working with no credit dots(Mostly DMDs)

I deal easily with dots from switches not triggered but everytime I host a party, some of my games need repairs. The lineup is never 100% functional!!!

is this hobby a never ending repair challenge?
    Lou

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikat11:

I now tinker with my one and only pin game for fun.

I think every collectors with lots of games have to deal with the love/hate relationship.

Just like having 30 victoria's secret models in my life but every fu*^# ones are complaining

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If you are talking about DMDs they are all now 100% gone.

Lots of friend tell me " DMDs are only the first stage of addiction. You'll end with EMs at the end. They are the only true skill games"

I still enjoy A LOT my lineup (i'm super lucky) but working on it 90% of the time for a 10% playing/enjoying...
    I could let someone work on them but I can't. I love to learn and solve problems.

I really love my joker poker these Times...

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikat11:

I feel your pain.I worked on those damn pins for 11 years and only played them for fun after shopping them out and preparing them for the next stop on the tour.I played the hell out of them though and got pretty good at it.After that gig ended I didn't even look at a pin for years.But I finally got one for home.

2 years ago I was reading pinside and getting the collector Fever..."I want them all!! I'll build a shed or a building to Play, collectors and enjoy them (now the pin church I own).

Some guys were writting " I had them all. 20-30 even 50 games! It was fun. Now I only keep 4-5..So great!!"

It didnt compute in my head. Why 5 when you can try to get them all??

In french we say " un passage obligé". It means you have to walk the walk to understand...

I'm not complaining about what I have. I just understand old timers now

#15 7 years ago

Reality you live a good life
    My games are collectors but it still happens.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheese_WizardPQ.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-long-can-you-keep-a-collection-run-perfectly-dmd-games?tu=Cheese_WizardPQ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.