(Topic ID: 328644)

How long before we see a $20k pin

By timab2000

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2023-01-03 134150 (resized).png
    #1 1 year ago

I don't really keep an eye on new pin prices other than they seem to keep going up. ( I buy old Bally games)

So how much longer will it take to hit 20k or has it already happened.

#3 1 year ago

Didn't show pin prices, just all the stupid junk that you can buy prices.

Kind of figured that it was already there. Not sure how they can justify it. But oh well...

#4 1 year ago

They must have taken the price down, it is $19,999.

#5 1 year ago

Well diamond Beatles was 25k so…

#6 1 year ago

Wow I guess I didn't realize that it was already reality.

Sorry if I offended folks by starting another price thread (down votes) just asking a question.

#7 1 year ago

All I can say after being in the hobby 25 plus years is that I am just about priced out

I used to buy most every game and now it’s come to the point of only the best one every few years

Oooooh well.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

All I can say after being in the hobby 25 plus years is that I am just about priced out
    I used to buy most every game and now it’s come to the point of only the best one every few years
    Oooooh well.

Yeah that's too bad. Only new game that I have played was my neighbors Led Zeppelin and I really didn't see how it was any better than the 80s games that I own.

Maybe I should change the question to 30k pin instead.

#9 1 year ago

How much was Supreme? Beatles Diamond? BM66 SLE? I'm sure all were over $20k.

#10 1 year ago

One thing I've noticed among the casual pinball crowd is they don't like all the complicated rulesets of the newer games. While they like all the flashy stuff, they prefer simple rulesets of the older pins. I imagine that is because they don't play them enough to learn them like those of us that pay for them and own them (which want more for our money).

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

How much was Supreme? Beatles Diamond? BM66 SLE? I'm sure all were over $20k.

I think Batman SLE was $15k when released?

#12 1 year ago

I estimate we'll see it about 2013 or so

#13 1 year ago

Paging Dr Levi, Dr Crazy Levi…

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

One thing I've noticed among the casual pinball crowd is they don't like all the complicated rulesets of the newer games. While they like all the flashy stuff, they prefer simple rulesets of the older pins. I imagine that is because they don't play them enough to learn them like those of us that pay for them and own them (which want more for our money).

One thing I notice about crowds is they tend to pigeon hole other crowds.

Put me down for the simpler 90's rule sets crowd.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

They must have taken the price down, it is $19,999.

So not $20k, resume thread!

Supreme pinball re-saled for more but retailed for less.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Wow I guess I didn't realize that it was already reality.
    Sorry if I offended folks by starting another price thread (down votes) just asking a question.

Yeah, people can get pretty pissy for you simply asking questions. Many people like to talk -at-, not conversing -with-.

#17 1 year ago

less than 48 minutes lol

Screenshot 2023-01-03 134150 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-03 134150 (resized).png
    #19 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

Yeah, people can get pretty pissy for you simply asking questions. Many people like to talk -at-, not conversing -with-.

Pretty normal around here it seems

Well I did say that I do not follow price that much. I guess they missed that.

If I could delete the post I would.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

To be honest...I don't think I have ever looked a the rule set.

Put your money in hit the ball at stuff to score points and hope you hit enough to win a game. Aren't they all like that?

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

It never ceases to amaze me how a pinball question here on Pinside always has the risk of being belittled or criticized. But, post a question about cigars, your favorite childhood toy, movies, etc...and your post will receive many upvotes and responses.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

If I could delete the post I would.

Nah, it's all good. Now you have been educated on where the high end prices are. A year ago, Elvira's house of horrors 40th anniversary edition was $25k.

Just ignore the wienies that do nothing but criticize.

Pinball is fun. Pinside is, at times, a struggle.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from timab2000:To be honest...I don't think I have ever looked a the rule set.
    Put your money in hit the ball at stuff to score points and hope you hit enough to win a game. Aren't they all like that?

I don't upon first plays, but over time yes, otherwise...you are bound to get bored. I've had multiple people tell me they want straight forward scoring, not all the complicated hit here, then there, then this 2x and over here another. They want to know what to do, but don't want to spend 10 minutes figuring it out. I don't actually agree with it, just something I've noticed. Another thing is they don't like to watch video/cutscenes (which usually tell them what is about to happen). They just click through them and then wonder why they get nowhere....

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

I don't really keep an eye on new pin prices other than they seem to keep going up. ( I buy old Bally games)
    So how much longer will it take to hit 20k or has it already happened.

I am a little curious about the down votes. I didn't take anything out of the post that would warrant.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

I am a little curious about the down votes. I didn't take anything out of the post that would warrant.

Welcome to Pinside. Ask a question, get drug though the mud. Not sure why I post here anymore. My mistake.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Welcome to Pinside. Ask a question, get drug though the mud. Not sure why I post here anymore. My mistake.

I wouldn't be so offended, I think you would have gotten flack for such a silly question even if you had asked in idiot/casual FB pinball world. I think it was just a combination of the question itself and it being asked on a day where literally a 20k pinball machine was revealed a couple hours beforehand. Surely, you can see why this would rile some people up. A couple of downvotes is no big deal.

#27 1 year ago

Don't get your feelings hurt, do some research and read past posts before you ask a question. Most topics have been gone over and over at some point. Pricing is a sore spot for a lot of pinsiders.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Don't get your feelings hurt, do some research and read past posts before you ask a question. Most topics have been gone over and over at some point. Pricing is a sore spot for a lot of pinsiders.

If pricing is a sore spot for most Pinsiders, maybe they should ignore the occasional sore spot instead of picking it raw, infecting it, and then complaining about it even more. Some people like having conversations on Pinside. Sometimes those conversations have been had before. Just like in real life. So maybe, just like in real life, people can see a conversation happening and say "Nah, I'm not interested in that again" and NOT JUMP IN TO SCREAM AT EVERYONE FOR HAVING THE CONVERSATION, in turn making the conversation go even longer. And stupider.

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

If pricing is a sore spot for most Pinsiders, maybe they should ignore the occasional sore spot instead of picking it raw, infecting it, and then complaining about it even more. Some people like having conversations on Pinside. Sometimes those conversations have been had before. Just like in real life. So maybe, just like in real life, people can see a conversation happening and say "Nah, I'm not interested in that again" and NOT JUMP IN TO SCREAM AT EVERYONE FOR HAVING THE CONVERSATION, in turn making the conversation go even longer. And stupider.

But then how can I feed my already inflated ego and maintain my false sense of superiority?

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

I love it. I got a down vote, just for commenting curiosity, that original post was getting down voted...Too funny!

#31 1 year ago

Thread should be “how long before we see a $20k pin actually worth $20k.”

#32 1 year ago

just glad i'm an EM guy, those were the best of pinball day's, playing in smoky arcades and bowling alley's,....those old Bally,William's and Gottlieb's were the best in the 70's.....there is NO WAY i would spend 20K to hit a ball bearing around a play field, but thats just me.....nuff said

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-long-before-we-see-a-20k-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.