(Topic ID: 154059)

How "Limited" Should Limited Editions Be?

By beelzeboob

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by HOOKED
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many machines should Limited Editions be limited to?”

• 100 23 votes
      13%
    • 300 48 votes
      26%
    • 500 78 votes
      43%
    • 700 7 votes
      4%
    • 1000+ 26 votes
      14%

(182 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th_(resized).jpg
    Sacre_bleu!_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 8 years ago

Whatever they want to make and then when they cut it off, they stop making it.

There is NO benefit to a business to make 250 of a LE so that the price can explode on the secondary market and it is worth 150% what people paid for it. The business that was selling it would rather make that money.

There is NO benefit to a business to make 1000 of an LE if the market only wants 250. It causes them to sit on unsold inventory and the price drops for everyone.

The best business plan is to make as close as possible to exactly what the market wants, and then that's it. Machines hold their value, not dropping like crazy (Transformers LE) or rising like made (Tron LE), which in turn gives collectors the sense that they are good to purchase more in the future. The business makes the most money possible.

I'm all for everyone making the most money on these. Personally, I like the JJP / Spooky model the best because I don't like there being two versions of what is more or less the same game to try to choose from. Having said that, I kind of feel like the Stern model gives us an extra couple machines a year, so that isn't bad either. More pinball = more better

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-limited-should-limited-editions-be?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.