(Topic ID: 154059)

How "Limited" Should Limited Editions Be?

By beelzeboob

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by HOOKED
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many machines should Limited Editions be limited to?”

• 100 23 votes
      13%
    • 300 48 votes
      26%
    • 500 78 votes
      43%
    • 700 7 votes
      4%
    • 1000+ 26 votes
      14%

(182 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th_(resized).jpg
    Sacre_bleu!_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

With Ghostbusters LE about to be announced (presumably this week), and Hobbit shipping out concurrently, I'm interested in what peoples' takes are how many machines a limited edition run should really allow for.

I think most can agree that JJP overdoes it with 1000 or 1500, and GOT LE recently got criticized for allowing 700 to be made.

So what does Pinside think? Vote now and discuss...

My personal opinion is that no more than 500 should be made, and perhaps even that's too many. But if there's money to be made, the LE numbers will continue to go up, I'm sure.

EDIT: I'm sure ForceFlow will tell me if this has been done before, but if it has, I can't find it (and I don't think there was ever a poll done).

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

<edited by pinside staff>

The Beelzeboob LE would be the same, and for the same reason.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Too bad MJ died, you could have slipped into his bed at night and gave him his first consensual sensual experience.

That's exactly what happened with me and Bill Cosby, from what I remember.

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

What would Fred Sanford do ?
    WWFSD.

Too...many...70s...references...

Head...about...to...explode...

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I agree.
    I feel like they should take an unlimited amount of pre-orders/regular orders, but just limit the amount of time they'll actually take the orders, that way, everyone gets what they want, nothing sells out, and it can still be considered "limited." But that's just me.

That's what JJP did with the Smaug edition. But distributors just bought a shit-ton of machines so they could sell them even after they were "sold out." I'm not really sure the distros weren't able to still order them after the cutoff date, either.

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Lame. There's always people out there ready to price gouge. As a fan of video games, these things happen all the time in the realm of Nintendo. There will be a limited edition 3DS model, a handful of people buy up most/all of the supply, then turn to amazon and ebay to hike the prices because they know they have the market cornered. Same goes for those new Amiibos. Then everyone gets mad at Nintendo for "not producing enough to satiate the demand." Every time.
    I'm not sure if the same really happens in the pinball industry though, at least to the same capacity as the gaming industry.

Oh, it happens. When I got into this hobby because of WOZ, Automated was the only game in town to buy a WOZ ECLE from, and they were charging 9k, which was a thousand more than the list price at the time. Two weeks after I bought it, the price went up to 10k.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-limited-should-limited-editions-be?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.