(Topic ID: 95061)

How likely is a TRON VE and will it be any different?

By HENSBROOKER

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 217 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Strange
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-887.jpg
image.jpg
10462595_10152513252024244_5351196712271138566_n.jpg
222152_10150179157879244_6155566_n.jpg
end-419.jpg
stack_of_cash.png
pennies.jpg
stack_of_cash.png
crying_baby-962.gif
tron-backbox-masters-of-sex.jpg
whiny.jpg
Loomis and Sheriff.jpg
DSCN2791.JPG
th-111.jpeg
mh.jpg
th-261.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sepins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Have anyone herd when they supposed to be brining out Tron VE ? I hope the rumor is true and i think we need to spam stern with request for Lotr Ve

We've had a Tron VE more than once.

Gary has already said NO on LE remakes.

There never was a premium so You are all dreaming if You think You'll see a Tron that could damage LE value.

If Stern did a premium Tron they would NEVER sell another LE of any game they manufacture. Gary is very aware of this. Just look at the facebook post when the BIBLE hit the Stern Facebook page. They edited to let You know it wasn't going to happen and it was a customers game.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

The only way I could see them doing anything would be to do a TRON Pro Plus, i.e. make the Tron Pro, add the ramp lights and powder coating then leave everything else the same (no moving recognizer, no chrome, no drop targets, no DP multi-ball). As it is most everyone who buys a Pro puts Eli's Ramp kit into them, the game just looks naked without it.

Everyone who bought LE in beginning(Me included) bought it for the lighted ramps.

I would NEVER buy another LE if Gary did what You suggest. And I believe Gary knows I wouldn't be the only one

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I would still buy LEs if they gave us Tron VE with the ramps. I jut got in too late or I would have bought TRON LE NIB.
Why have they not revisited the lighted ramps on another machine? Seems like it's about time. Surely TRON LE won't be the only game Stern EVER produces with lighted ramps.

Hard to tell when we look at collections on pinside if You own Premium or LE...But what LE's do You own???

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

A Tron VE (notice it's NOT an LE as it wouldn't be limited) with Draft Punk and ramp lights would be KILLER!
Actually weren't the Tron 'LEs' a marketed and sold (back then) as a premium? So the still have a LE option available to make right!?!
Considering they already got re-licensed from Disney for IM...most of the leg work is probably already done for Tron. Maybe the even re-upped both at the same time

Next time You are at an event ask Gary Stern if they will do what You dream of.

Answer is absolutely NO. Don't shoot the messenger...LOL

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I paid 5.3k for a 3rd-run HUO Pro with ~200 plays and 1k of the popular upgrades (1 year ago).
I consider this a sensible price and have seen other similar deals popup from time to time.
I don't consider the 10k+ LE prices sensible...especially after Eli's mod hit the market. 7-8k would be sensible

10K is stupid $$$ for any game.

But I remember people paying $20K for restored MM's last year!!! Now that was stupid!!!

7 or 8K for a Tron LE would be right for what You paid for Your game. But a base Tron is now over $6K. Now that is nuts!!! So You will be in a Tron Pro modded for $7K when You get done with it.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hey Paul, I agree with your math. If a base Tron is over 6k, then I was on the low side. As you say, my math was relative to my upgraded Pro price (which I'm very happy with). In general, I've never chased LE's...the only one I've purchased to date is STLE. Prices on STLE seem to be slumping...hopefully a nice software update will firm up the market. Great looking/shooting pin...just needs help on the rules front.

Funny...I bought a NIB STLE. While I like game no more NIB LE's. Where is that promised software update???

Got smart and bought a HUO Mustang Pro that had about $800 in mods for $3900 delivered. I had a NIB Mustang LE on order. Not a $$$ issue to write the check...It's the loss I would have incurred if I decided not to keep Mustang. For the amount I play I can live without LE.

Crazy...I remember paying $5600 for my Tron LE NIB. Stern has gotten prices up quickly!!!

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

The same guy that stood in front of me and said.."Tron will never be re-ran"
I'll take that 'never' as a YES!

Gary got plenty of feedback from the facebook BIBLE debacle!

I talked to him recently and he confirmed ain't gonna happen.

But maybe You can personally drive the price down on Premiums and pick one up cheap. Good luck!!!

And if Tron Pro's hang at $6K or better You can bet Gary will figure out how to rerun Pro's again!

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Base Trons aren't $6k. Heavily modded Trons are. And have to Eli's mod to boot.
God I'd love to see a stock HUO Tron hit the market and see what it sold at. Is it really a $5k pin today?
Would a Tron Pro vault edition sell for more than IM VE? Highly doubt it. So how does Stern really make more dough off of Tron? Hmmmm? There must be a way. Hopefully someone smart will figure it out.

So what can You buy a Tron Pro NIB for? You think You'll find one for $5000??? I think I'm closer at $6000 than You want to believe.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sepins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-likely-is-a-tron-ve-and-will-it-be-any-different?tu=sepins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.