(Topic ID: 311707)

How is the new 0.90 rush code? Opinions?

By Fordiesel69

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by J-drum11
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220309_171729 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

How is all liking the now. 090 code? Secondly how do I backup my scores and restore them to new firmware?

#2 2 years ago

Anyone?

#3 2 years ago

lots of multiballs, not sure how i get them, but they are fun to play.

#4 2 years ago

It looks like the time machine got a few neat new features. There’s some new text on the screen tracking something but I’m not sure what, yet. Still on my first round of playing. I didn’t hear a difference in audio, but my ears are not super sensitive to EQ type changes. It continues to be an engaging game and I’m still discovering how most of the modes work two weeks in!

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Fordiesel69:

How is all liking the now. 090 code? Secondly how do I backup my scores and restore them to new firmware?

The code continues to evolve nicely. There will be several more updates along the way to 1.0. Forget the old scores, they've rebalanced scoring so things score differently now so old scores are irrelevant.

#6 2 years ago

New features on time machine. I think the music sounds a little more "balanced"... not dramatically but the household here felt it sounded better. Expression light show has been enhanced quite a bit... what was already great looking looks better. Have also heard some new callouts. Seems like the scoring has been nurfed a bit also.

#7 2 years ago

When you say nerfed i assume in a not so positive way?

#8 2 years ago

Flippers are at max settings now, 255, not as strong as they were, which is good for the scoop, I wish they had just a bit more power

#9 2 years ago

You should put the Rush name in title and pin the game to the thread. Ray day just did a video. Not sure if it’s .90

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Flippers are at max settings now, 255, not as strong as they were, which is good for the scoop, I wish they had just a bit more power

I do not understand. Out of the box I could hit all the shots without having to up the flipper strength. Are you saying that overall the power is reduced? I never looked at the value before I upgraded my firmware.

#11 2 years ago

Ya, .89 had 3 settings, now on max , there's not as much strength as the middle setting previously. No biggie, just need to hit a purer shot

#12 2 years ago

Per the readme file:
- Adjustments:
- Replaced the SOFT, MEDIUM, and HARD flipper adjustment names with numeric
values. The flipper strength defaults have not been modified.
- Changed the default ball save time to 9 seconds.

Emphasis on "The flipper strength defaults have not been modified." makes me feel a little bit better. Hopefully it is a matter of perception but without measuring the current flow on the flipper coils before and after, we are all just guessing.

#13 2 years ago

There is a definite decrease in power, been noted in the rush thread. Some are having difficulty climbing the right ramp

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Fordiesel69:

Per the readme file:
- Adjustments:
- Replaced the SOFT, MEDIUM, and HARD flipper adjustment names with numeric
values. The flipper strength defaults have not been modified.
- Changed the default ball save time to 9 seconds.
Emphasis on "The flipper strength defaults have not been modified." makes me feel a little bit better. Hopefully it is a matter of perception but without measuring the current flow on the flipper coils before and after, we are all just guessing.

As a first time owner that is relatively comfortable with a multi-meter what values should I be seeing? I have felt my right side flipper is weak, could be wrong, I’d like to grab some data. I’ve also seen temperatures mentioned.

1 week later
#15 2 years ago

Just installed .90 code on my LE today. Have managed to play a few games since the update. Still getting used to the changes from .87.

Scoop discharges to the side more often now.
Screen graphics/directions/info has been enhanced (the bonus tally screen is completely different), the Expression Lighting keeps getting better.
Replacement of all high scores was a gut punch.

Just received and installed my first mods today before the code update: PinMonk's Color Insert Bracket Set and the Owl Eye Light Bleed Blocker (not thrilled with this one).

Awaiting a bunch of the others that we've all seen: Hold Your Fire floater; Signals and Presto Rabbit/Hat flasher mods. Still need a few flasher covers, maybe the dice?

I really love this machine.

20220309_171729 (resized).jpg20220309_171729 (resized).jpg
#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Fordiesel69:

I like it a lot. They added callous and it seems more polished.

#17 2 years ago

Oh my......the just released 0.91. I like it better than 0.90 buy I liked 0.89 the best. Time will tell.

The best part is the Juke Box (DJ Mixer) now works.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Fordiesel69:

Oh my......the just released 0.91. I like it better than 0.90 buy I liked 0.89 the best. Time will tell.
The best part is the Juke Box (DJ Mixer) now works.

Codes keep improving for the better.
This machine is awesome in my opinion and when the fine tune it, it’s going to be one of stern’s best

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-is-the-new-090-rush-code-opinions- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.