(Topic ID: 263352)

How is 'The Matrix' not a pinball machine yet?

By KornFreak28

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7358 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5456 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Matrix (resized).jpg
    TheMatrix_INFOGRAPH_AD_M01 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    592302EC-98DE-469F-9DD2-589017540DA8 (resized).jpeg
    architect (resized).png
    5526A24D-6F7F-494C-B164-57AE9F4F9F42 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    85823180-3F1A-44E5-9562-6C6D94177B0E (resized).jpeg
    hohoho.gif
    F8B9FA2A-7D2F-4B2B-83A3-33C9FC1B99DF (resized).png
    xcWiJkL (resized).jpg
    38917491565_5ce0a103e5_b (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KornFreak28.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Apart from the few JM's that were converted (which look really cool and a lot of fun btw) Why hasn't this title never been taken seriously by big companies like JJP or Stern? With all the possibilities 'The Matrix' has to offer, it totally baffles me that this isn't a pinball machine yet. Is it a licensing issue? Lack of interest? Too difficult to produce? With Matrix 4 now official, it would seem like the perfect time to consider it! Thoughts?

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Because it was a trilogy consisting of an all time great film, and 2 more that were so horrible they almost ruined the memory of the first.
    Maybe it's coming near the time it was be a good idea to make it. Perhaps before it was old but not old enough?

Good point, although I still think there’s more than enough ideas and possibilities to make a kick ass pinball machine!

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Sadly. With not too many new titles coming out each year. Odds are that your favorite title or one you think should get made. Isn't likely to happen.
    It never hurts to post of pinball forums, or suggest to manufacturers at shows.
    Miracles can happen.
    LTG : )

Someone needs to convince Jack to consider it!

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah and even some of the dumb stuff might work fine for modes and stuff like that.

Exactly, like moving in and out of the Matrix and the Matrix rain on the Color Dmd! How about Having to choose from a red or blue pill? How about the phone ringing until you plunge the ball?

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well I own a DI and have owned a W?D, so I've had enough ringing pinball phones in my life

Hahahahahahahahaha

#15 4 years ago

Well....it sure looks like this thread isn’t going anywhere. Bummer

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Why did you need to create a new thread about the same thing you did previously?
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-the-matrix-pin-ever-become-a-reality

Because I really want this machine made and because I felt like it

#20 4 years ago

Why did you need to create a new thread about the same thing you did previously?
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-the-matrix-pin-ever-become-a-reality

Actually, this is my 3rd Matrix thread. Thanks for pointing that out

#24 4 years ago

it will not help to get it made!

At least I'm making noise! What else is there to do? Please don't spoil my wet dream!

1 month later
    #30 3 years ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

Wait another 50 years like with the Munsters I guess.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from megadeth2600:

We will be playing pinball *in* "The Matrix" by then. Ironically, there will still be no "The Matrix" pinball machine.

I wish JJP would at least look into it

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from megadeth2600:

I hope someone does one for mass production ... the AV and art are perfect on a pinball machine.

Exactly! Imagine sinking a big shot and going from the real world into the Matrix or how about the Matrix rain in the dmd! So many possibilities!

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tiltboss:

gottaaaaaa b jjp... esp to coincide w the new movie coming out

That’s my thinking as well

3 weeks later
    #39 3 years ago

I was thinking a ‘train station wizard mode’ would be so cool! In the movie, Neo tries to escape by running through the tunnel only to come right back into the train station.

I would be so cool to make this a wizard mode where you have to hit several roving shots or left and right ramp shots to simulate Neo going nowhere (just like in the movie) until you qualify for a really hard shot to exit the train station

2 months later
    #41 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If Stern would take this on, I'd sign up for LE #1. So much going for this them: sci-fi, the art, the music, the original mod potential.
    P-L-E-A-S-E!
    Here is a taste from several year back of a JM retheme: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-matrix-pinball-machine-pinnovating. They did a very nice job, and you can definitely see the potential of the title.

+ 1

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Same way theres no
    Road Warrior
    Properly done Alien and Predator
    Many many great Arnold movies
    Constantine
    The list is long, but we get
    Turtles
    Stranger Things
    Pirates
    Hot Wheels
    Someone please help me understand.

Such a great post!

#45 3 years ago

Someone tell Jack Matrix 4 is official!

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Games still needs to be based off the original Trilogy (#1 mostly, some #2, little #3)

100% agree. Was just saying that Matrix 4 would (and should) be good motivation to request the license and make this game

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tiltboss:

I think he's working on part 3 right now

What do you mean by this?

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tiltboss:

I mentioned the pinball thing to him

What did he say?

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Don't take it personally, as I think all of us are quite impressed (and jealous) with the work you did making The Matrix pin a reality.
    With that stated, we would love a manufacturer to offer a ground-up design that incorporates all of the latest pinball tech. There is just so much creative potential here.

Well said! I do like and appreciate the work done on the few JM machines that were converted but JJP needs to seriously consider this title. So much potential!

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Same one I played...apparently some made it to the states

How was it?

5 months later
    #69 3 years ago

I'm hoping JJP makes it

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Matrix would be spectacular.

Soooooo many possibilities!

4 months later
    #74 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tiltboss:

seems like obvious reason. ‍♂️ always gonna have the savy forum police tryin to make look dumb or questioning ur motives lol. dudes prob not even a mod.. i thought it was because license cost too much from wb? seems like only reason that makes sense... some did a jp to whoever said that

I’m just hoping Matrix 4 release is enough to get JJP’s attention

1 week later
    #78 2 years ago
    Quoted from rennervision:

Imagine if one game mode allowed a magnet under the playfield to slow the ball down as it approached your flippers, combined with a cool sound effect of time slowing down until you hit the ball.

You think there’s a chance JJP picks up this title?

#83 2 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Said it years ago....The Matrix is long overdue. But I think it's overshot it's window now. Matrix 4 will be a pile of crap, so don't bet on that stirring up much interest.
    Bill and Ted....that's a safer bet for your Keanu fix.

Overshot it’s window? Why couldn’t they based it on the original films?

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Agree. Matrix’ moment in the sun in Long in the rear view mirror. There a billion other themes more likely at this point.

Really? Didn’t Stern make SW a few years ago? When was SW produced?

#87 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Irrelevant. Star wars (1977) is still part of our daily pop culture fabric.
    Matrix is a 90s relic and it really isn't thought of much anymore. Its' time has passed.

That’s your opinion bro

#89 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I disagree. The Matrix was revolutionary in what it brought to the screen, and it's burned into the minds of any sci-fi fan. Personally, I would still want the pin based on the first movie. Basically play from the perspective of Neo (or other main characters). Become awakened, hone your skills, and ultimately realize you're the one.

This!!!! ^^^^^

#90 2 years ago

Anybody here friends with Jack?

2 months later
    #91 2 years ago

Maybe?

F8B9FA2A-7D2F-4B2B-83A3-33C9FC1B99DF (resized).pngF8B9FA2A-7D2F-4B2B-83A3-33C9FC1B99DF (resized).png
    #93 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’d like to see it on the P3 platform as their big licensed theme. Would suit them well.

Sorry but what’s the P3 platform?

#95 2 years ago

I think I would like Matrix done by JJP or Stern instead

#101 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sure on JJP. That would be great, but they are only releasing a game every two years. If Matrix got on their release schedule now it would probably be 6 years from now before we saw it.
    Stern would be fine, but with Lyman gone I’m not sure if they have anyone else right to code this game…

We are pin heads for life, We can wait 6 years

#102 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I thought the second movie was great. It expanded the franchise methos considerably, as all good sequels should. It was filled with neat ideas and concepts, the Game Cube Matrix game really flushed out a lot of the good of the second movie. The major action sequences (particularly the Neo fight against 100 agent Smiths and then the ghost/agent car chase scene) were two of my all time favorite action sequences from any movie.
    I agree the third movie was really weak. It did to my interest in the Matrix franchise what the final season of Game of Thrones did to me for the GoT franchise.

Same. I liked the highway chase and the Merovingian restaurant scene. I can just picture the Matrix rain on that JJP screen and the iconic Matrix phone ringing until I plunge the ball and enter The Matrix

#103 2 years ago

…...and Trinity typing on the screen

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

If JJP announced The Matrix and said it would take 10 years I’d still be a day 1 LE order, possibly even CE. That series will always be relevant and timeless.

I would buy an LE and a CE

#106 2 years ago

Attract mode:

Neo, wake up...

The Matrix has you...

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

If they could integrate some GNR style lighting effects paired with some awesome multiball modes using some of the best audio tracks and intense moments of the series...

I was thinking of having a neutral white and then when you sink a shot and enter The Matrix, the playfield turns light green

#109 2 years ago

I was also brainstorming a cool mode: The trainman mode....In the movie Neo is trapped in the train station. He would run one way and be right back in the station the other way. Train station mode could be loop shots that got you nowhere and the only way to get out of the mode and get saved my Trinity is to hit a really hard shot

#110 2 years ago

For ball save, you could have Neo dodging bullets and for drain you could have Neo falling from the building during the jump program

#111 2 years ago

Mini wizard modes could be Machine city, Zati, and Fighting Agent Smith and the Final Wizard mode could be saving Zion

#112 2 years ago

How about choosing between the blue and red pill and having a different experience depending on which one you took?

#114 2 years ago

I think The Key maker could work very well as a super hard mode to get to (convincing the merovingian and fighting his bodyguards) and get out of (highway chase)

1 week later
    #118 2 years ago

Wow!!!!!

85823180-3F1A-44E5-9562-6C6D94177B0E (resized).jpeg85823180-3F1A-44E5-9562-6C6D94177B0E (resized).jpeg
    #120 2 years ago

I Do think they should’ve brought back The original Morpheus.

#123 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It does.
    I have a hunch it won’t really be necessary to brush up on the sequels to “get” the new one.

I feel the same way. I also feel there will be more Matrix movies in the future and I still feel they fucked up not bringing the real Morpheus back. Would have been cool For him to come back as a counselor or something. JJP! Wake up!!!!!

#135 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

And you gonna make me wait till Teaser 2 for Agent Smith? They say he ins't in there but come on.

He had scheduling conflicts....bummer

#138 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

well, based on what it seems they did with Morpheus' character, you can prob expect to see Agent Smith played by Justin Bieber.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

#140 2 years ago
    5526A24D-6F7F-494C-B164-57AE9F4F9F42 (resized).png5526A24D-6F7F-494C-B164-57AE9F4F9F42 (resized).png
    #141 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

And the Architecht (?)
    The Agents seem to look the same; at least that seems like Agent Smith's buddy.

I hope they bring the Architect back!

#148 2 years ago
    Quoted from Moruga:

with the new movie coming out.
    i have grand that says someone makes one in 2022

I’m also willing to bet someone will make it. Too much money to pass up

#150 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No one is having trouble making monies as is

So true! Hahahahaha!

#151 2 years ago
    592302EC-98DE-469F-9DD2-589017540DA8 (resized).jpeg592302EC-98DE-469F-9DD2-589017540DA8 (resized).jpeg
    2 years later
    #158 70 days ago

Any updates on the rumored Matrix pin by JJP?

#159 66 days ago

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_5456 (resized).jpegIMG_5456 (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #160 22 days ago
    IMG_7358 (resized).jpegIMG_7358 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KornFreak28.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-is-the-matrix-not-a-pinball-machine-yet?tu=KornFreak28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.