(Topic ID: 263352)

How is 'The Matrix' not a pinball machine yet?

By KornFreak28

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7358 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5456 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Matrix (resized).jpg
    TheMatrix_INFOGRAPH_AD_M01 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    592302EC-98DE-469F-9DD2-589017540DA8 (resized).jpeg
    architect (resized).png
    5526A24D-6F7F-494C-B164-57AE9F4F9F42 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    85823180-3F1A-44E5-9562-6C6D94177B0E (resized).jpeg
    hohoho.gif
    F8B9FA2A-7D2F-4B2B-83A3-33C9FC1B99DF (resized).png
    xcWiJkL (resized).jpg
    38917491565_5ce0a103e5_b (resized).jpg
    There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 4 years ago

Apart from the few JM's that were converted (which look really cool and a lot of fun btw) Why hasn't this title never been taken seriously by big companies like JJP or Stern? With all the possibilities 'The Matrix' has to offer, it totally baffles me that this isn't a pinball machine yet. Is it a licensing issue? Lack of interest? Too difficult to produce? With Matrix 4 now official, it would seem like the perfect time to consider it! Thoughts?

#2 4 years ago

Sadly. With not too many new titles coming out each year. Odds are that your favorite title or one you think should get made. Isn't likely to happen.

It never hurts to post of pinball forums, or suggest to manufacturers at shows.

Miracles can happen.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

No idea.... if it had good use of license amd was kick ass game I’d buy in a second.

I was playing JP stern yesterday thinking how to convert it to Matrix....

#4 4 years ago

I thought I remember hearing that stern had the option to make LOTR or Matrix and they decided Lotr was the better option.

#5 4 years ago

Because it was a trilogy consisting of an all time great film, and 2 more that were so horrible they almost ruined the memory of the first.

Maybe it's coming near the time it was be a good idea to make it. Perhaps before it was old but not old enough?

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Because it was a trilogy consisting of an all time great film, and 2 more that were so horrible they almost ruined the memory of the first.
    Maybe it's coming near the time it was be a good idea to make it. Perhaps before it was old but not old enough?

Good point, although I still think there’s more than enough ideas and possibilities to make a kick ass pinball machine!

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Sadly. With not too many new titles coming out each year. Odds are that your favorite title or one you think should get made. Isn't likely to happen.
    Miracles can happen.

Someone needs to convince Jack to consider it!

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

Good point, although I still think there’s more than enough ideas and possibilities to make a kick ass pinball machine!

Yeah and even some of the dumb stuff might work fine for modes and stuff like that.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah and even some of the dumb stuff might work fine for modes and stuff like that.

Exactly, like moving in and out of the Matrix and the Matrix rain on the Color Dmd! How about Having to choose from a red or blue pill? How about the phone ringing until you plunge the ball?

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

How about the phone ringing until you plunge the ball?

Well I own a DI and have owned a W?D, so I've had enough ringing pinball phones in my life

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well I own a DI and have owned a W?D, so I've had enough ringing pinball phones in my life

Hahahahahahahahaha

#13 4 years ago

Loved the first. Others okay. Just seems like such a cheesy theme for pin all though. LOTR same. Big trouble in little China is my wish and mad max.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Agreed, but Matrix was a pretty massive property. It’s not something obscure like Highlander, the Tudors, or True Blood. Matrix truly entered mainstream recognition.

Quoted from TheLaw:

The first movie was incredible. I enjoyed the second one as well. The third one with the main battle in the “real world” was pretty bad. The third matrix did the same thing to me that the final season of Game of Thrones did...seriously wounded my interest in the IP.

#15 4 years ago

Well....it sure looks like this thread isn’t going anywhere. Bummer

#16 4 years ago

Why did you need to create a new thread about the same thing you did previously?
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-the-matrix-pin-ever-become-a-reality

#17 4 years ago

My two cents here....
    Like folks have said above, the first movie was lightning in a bottle. Too much of a good thing led to the sequels, which were disappointing at best.
    Reminds me of Disney’s treatment of Star Wars.

It’s difficult to imagine a big enough market out there to produce such a game and realize any profit.

Maybe Spooky since they have lower number production runs and experience with the music/theatrical themes?

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Why did you need to create a new thread about the same thing you did previously?
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-the-matrix-pin-ever-become-a-reality

Hilarious.... and LTG, bless his heart, was first to answer in both threads (and with consistency I might add!

#19 4 years ago

Because I really want this machine made and because I felt like it

#20 4 years ago

Actually, this is my 3rd Matrix thread. Thanks for pointing that out

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

Actually, this is my 3rd Matrix thread. Thanks for pointing that out

it will not help to get it made!

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

Apart from the few JM's that were converted (which look really cool and a lot of fun btw) Why hasn't this title never been taken seriously by big companies like JJP or Stern? With all the possibilities 'The Matrix' has to offer, it totally baffles me that this isn't a pinball machine yet. Is it a licensing issue? Lack of interest? Too difficult to produce? With Matrix 4 now official, it would seem like the perfect time to consider it! Thoughts?

Because there's no way to do bullet time in pinball.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Miracles can happen.

True, I mean we're getting a Meatloaf Pin!

#24 4 years ago

it will not help to get it made!

At least I'm making noise! What else is there to do? Please don't spoil my wet dream!

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

Loved the first. Others okay. Just seems like such a cheesy theme for pin all though. LOTR same. Big trouble in little China is my wish and mad max.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-max-original-1979-retheme-project

#27 4 years ago

One year,maybe 6, 7 years ago, definitely saw at MGC a Matrix pin , re-theme of a Johnny Mnemonic. Keepin it Keanu.

1 month later
    #28 3 years ago

I heard it was cuz license was too expensive feom Warner brothers they own it.

#29 3 years ago

Wait another 50 years like with the Munsters I guess.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

We will be playing pinball *in* "The Matrix" by then. Ironically, there will still be no "The Matrix" pinball machine.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from megadeth2600:

We will be playing pinball *in* "The Matrix" by then. Ironically, there will still be no "The Matrix" pinball machine.

I wish JJP would at least look into it

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

I wish JJP would at least look into it

I hope someone does one for mass production ... the AV and art are perfect on a pinball machine.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from megadeth2600:

I hope someone does one for mass production ... the AV and art are perfect on a pinball machine.

Exactly! Imagine sinking a big shot and going from the real world into the Matrix or how about the Matrix rain in the dmd! So many possibilities!

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

Exactly! Imagine sinking a big shot and going from the real world into the Matrix or how about the Matrix rain in the dmd! So many possibilities!

gottaaaaaa b jjp... esp to coincide w the new movie coming out

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tiltboss:

gottaaaaaa b jjp... esp to coincide w the new movie coming out

That’s my thinking as well

3 weeks later
    #37 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Because there's no way to do bullet time in pinball.

could figure it out in video mode...or innovate and do some weird thing where I gotta make a shot but there's magnets in a line and each one grabs the magnet and moves it slow? kind like mist multiball in Dracula...I could easily see a bullet time in video mode tho where ur doin the limbo w bullets flayin at u?? it's doable for sure..soooo much content on that collab

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tiltboss:

could figure it out in video mode...or innovate and do some weird thing where I gotta make a shot but there's magnets in a line and each one grabs the magnet and moves it slow? kind like mist multiball in Dracula...I could easily see a bullet time in video mode tho where ur doin the limbo w bullets flayin at u?? it's doable for sure..soooo much content on that collab

where there's a will there's a way...

#39 3 years ago

I was thinking a ‘train station wizard mode’ would be so cool! In the movie, Neo tries to escape by running through the tunnel only to come right back into the train station.

I would be so cool to make this a wizard mode where you have to hit several roving shots or left and right ramp shots to simulate Neo going nowhere (just like in the movie) until you qualify for a really hard shot to exit the train station

2 months later
    #40 3 years ago

If Stern would take this on, I'd sign up for LE #1. So much going for this them: sci-fi, the art, the music, the original mod potential.

P-L-E-A-S-E!

Here is a taste from several year back of a JM retheme: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-matrix-pinball-machine-pinnovating. They did a very nice job, and you can definitely see the potential of the title.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If Stern would take this on, I'd sign up for LE #1. So much going for this them: sci-fi, the art, the music, the original mod potential.
    P-L-E-A-S-E!
    Here is a taste from several year back of a JM retheme: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-matrix-pinball-machine-pinnovating. They did a very nice job, and you can definitely see the potential of the title.

+ 1

#42 3 years ago

Same way theres no
    Road Warrior
    Properly done Alien and Predator
    Many many great Arnold movies
    Constantine
    The list is long, but we get
    Turtles
    Stranger Things
    Pirates
    Hot Wheels
    Someone please help me understand.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Same way theres no
    Road Warrior
    Properly done Alien and Predator
    Many many great Arnold movies
    Constantine
    The list is long, but we get
    Turtles
    Stranger Things
    Pirates
    Hot Wheels
    Someone please help me understand.

Such a great post!

#44 3 years ago

I want a rated R pin done rated R too.

Not that PG GoT

#45 3 years ago

Someone tell Jack Matrix 4 is official!

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

Someone tell Jack Matrix 4 is official!

Games still needs to be based off the original Trilogy (#1 mostly, some #2, little #3)

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Games still needs to be based off the original Trilogy (#1 mostly, some #2, little #3)

100% agree. Was just saying that Matrix 4 would (and should) be good motivation to request the license and make this game

#48 3 years ago

You just don’t hear about matrix much any more.

It was a cultural phenomenon for a little while and then two terrible sequels killed it. I can’t imagine the new movie will be good or do very well.

I don’t think it would be a wise theme when there’s much more resilient properties available.

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You just don’t hear about matrix much any more.
    It was a cultural phenomenon for a little while and then two terrible sequels killed it. I can’t imagine the new movie will be good or do very well.
    I don’t think it would be a wise theme when there’s much more resilient properties available.

While the original was the best, I actually really liked The Matrix Reloaded - the freeway scene was awesome.

#50 3 years ago

I actually played a Matrix pin at a local Pin siders house about a year a go. Apparently someone in Europe or somewhere made 5 or 6 of them (I forgot the details).....I will say it was a fun pin to play

There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-is-the-matrix-not-a-pinball-machine-yet?hl=ralphcousman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.