(Topic ID: 263352)

How is 'The Matrix' not a pinball machine yet?

By KornFreak28

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7358 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5456 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Matrix (resized).jpg
    TheMatrix_INFOGRAPH_AD_M01 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    592302EC-98DE-469F-9DD2-589017540DA8 (resized).jpeg
    architect (resized).png
    5526A24D-6F7F-494C-B164-57AE9F4F9F42 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    85823180-3F1A-44E5-9562-6C6D94177B0E (resized).jpeg
    hohoho.gif
    F8B9FA2A-7D2F-4B2B-83A3-33C9FC1B99DF (resized).png
    xcWiJkL (resized).jpg
    38917491565_5ce0a103e5_b (resized).jpg
    There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sure on JJP. That would be great, but they are only releasing a game every two years. If Matrix got on their release schedule now it would probably be 6 years from now before we saw it.
    Stern would be fine, but with Lyman gone I’m not sure if they have anyone else right to code this game…

We are pin heads for life, We can wait 6 years

#102 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I thought the second movie was great. It expanded the franchise methos considerably, as all good sequels should. It was filled with neat ideas and concepts, the Game Cube Matrix game really flushed out a lot of the good of the second movie. The major action sequences (particularly the Neo fight against 100 agent Smiths and then the ghost/agent car chase scene) were two of my all time favorite action sequences from any movie.
    I agree the third movie was really weak. It did to my interest in the Matrix franchise what the final season of Game of Thrones did to me for the GoT franchise.

Same. I liked the highway chase and the Merovingian restaurant scene. I can just picture the Matrix rain on that JJP screen and the iconic Matrix phone ringing until I plunge the ball and enter The Matrix

#103 2 years ago

…...and Trinity typing on the screen

#104 2 years ago

If JJP announced The Matrix and said it would take 10 years I’d still be a day 1 LE order, possibly even CE. That series will always be relevant and timeless.

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

If JJP announced The Matrix and said it would take 10 years I’d still be a day 1 LE order, possibly even CE. That series will always be relevant and timeless.

I would buy an LE and a CE

#106 2 years ago

Attract mode:

Neo, wake up...

The Matrix has you...

#107 2 years ago

If they could integrate some GNR style lighting effects paired with some awesome multiball modes using some of the best audio tracks and intense moments of the series...

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

If they could integrate some GNR style lighting effects paired with some awesome multiball modes using some of the best audio tracks and intense moments of the series...

I was thinking of having a neutral white and then when you sink a shot and enter The Matrix, the playfield turns light green

#109 2 years ago

I was also brainstorming a cool mode: The trainman mode....In the movie Neo is trapped in the train station. He would run one way and be right back in the station the other way. Train station mode could be loop shots that got you nowhere and the only way to get out of the mode and get saved my Trinity is to hit a really hard shot

#110 2 years ago

For ball save, you could have Neo dodging bullets and for drain you could have Neo falling from the building during the jump program

#111 2 years ago

Mini wizard modes could be Machine city, Zati, and Fighting Agent Smith and the Final Wizard mode could be saving Zion

#112 2 years ago

How about choosing between the blue and red pill and having a different experience depending on which one you took?

#113 2 years ago

I could see that working well, Transformers LE comes to mind where you can play either Autobot or Decepticon.

#114 2 years ago

I think The Key maker could work very well as a super hard mode to get to (convincing the merovingian and fighting his bodyguards) and get out of (highway chase)

#115 2 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

I think The Key maker could work very well as a super hard mode to get to (convincing the merovingian and fighting his bodyguards) and get out of (highway chase)

The entire Highway chase scene sequence was the single greatest continuous action scene in the history of the silver screen. If that scene was not in a Matrix game it would be a monumental travesty.

I really never understood the negativity the second movie faced. The Zion segment was a bit of a weird lull but other than that the movie was action packed. The ending with the KFC fellow was fine, at least it had a revelation of some sort that was interesting and I liked the way the KFC fellow spoke. What did people dislike about the second movie?

#116 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

The entire Highway chase scene sequence was the single greatest scene in the history of the silver screen.

hohoho.gifhohoho.gif
    1 week later
    #117 2 years ago

seriously.. can we get a matrix pinball already?! dayummmm

#118 2 years ago

Wow!!!!!

85823180-3F1A-44E5-9562-6C6D94177B0E (resized).jpeg85823180-3F1A-44E5-9562-6C6D94177B0E (resized).jpeg
    #119 2 years ago

Matrix , starring John wick! perfect crossover

#120 2 years ago

I Do think they should’ve brought back The original Morpheus.

#121 2 years ago

The new trailer looks promising.

#122 2 years ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

The new trailer looks promising.

It does.

I’m gonna watch the original again as it’s been a very long time.

I have a hunch it won’t really be necessary to brush up on the sequels to “get” the new one.

#123 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It does.
    I have a hunch it won’t really be necessary to brush up on the sequels to “get” the new one.

I feel the same way. I also feel there will be more Matrix movies in the future and I still feel they fucked up not bringing the real Morpheus back. Would have been cool For him to come back as a counselor or something. JJP! Wake up!!!!!

#124 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You just don’t hear about matrix much any more.
    It was a cultural phenomenon for a little while and then two terrible sequels killed it. I can’t imagine the new movie will be good or do very well.

Fully agreed.

#125 2 years ago

if i were to describe this new trailer in terms of LED lighting on a pinball machine, it would be Clown Puke.

#126 2 years ago

This trailer is hilarious, and my sentiments exactly. Don't know how I missed that one.

#127 2 years ago

Hopefully with the new movie coming we might finally get a Matrix pinball.

#128 2 years ago

I dont need any more Lawrence Fishburne in my life or films. Hes either 90 years old and massive, or de-aged (ouch).

Edit: anyway, I was ready write this one off and almost turned it off when White Rabbit started playing, but damn by the end i was pumped.

#129 2 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

seriously.. can we get a matrix pinball already?! dayummmm

Speechless!

#130 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I was ready write this one off and almost turned it off when White Rabbit started playing...

I thought the mashup was great between White Rabbit and the classical Matrix theme style music (especially starting at the 2:08 mark).

#132 2 years ago

The biggest thing is whether halving the Wichoskis can keep this thing to a focused straight forward flick. Not a great record for the last couple decades, and even I'm a big Speed Racer Fan.

#133 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The biggest thing is whether halving the Wichoskis can keep this thing to a focused straight forward flick. Not a great record for the last couple decades, and even I'm a big Speed Racer Fan.

Yeah, that's my biggest concern as well.

#134 2 years ago

And you gonna make me wait till Teaser 2 for Agent Smith? They say he ins't in there but come on.

#135 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

And you gonna make me wait till Teaser 2 for Agent Smith? They say he ins't in there but come on.

He had scheduling conflicts....bummer

#136 2 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

He had scheduling conflicts....bummer

Could be setting him for big bad in the next one?

#137 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

well, based on what it seems they did with Morpheus' character, you can prob expect to see Agent Smith played by Justin Bieber.

#138 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

well, based on what it seems they did with Morpheus' character, you can prob expect to see Agent Smith played by Justin Bieber.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

#139 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

well, based on what it seems they did with Morpheus' character,...

And the Architecht (?)
    The Agents seem to look the same; at least that seems like Agent Smith's buddy.

#140 2 years ago
    5526A24D-6F7F-494C-B164-57AE9F4F9F42 (resized).png5526A24D-6F7F-494C-B164-57AE9F4F9F42 (resized).png
    #141 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

And the Architecht (?)
    The Agents seem to look the same; at least that seems like Agent Smith's buddy.

I hope they bring the Architect back!

#144 2 years ago

Hey that's what I said.

#145 2 years ago
    Quoted from ezeltmann:

starring John wick! perfect crossover

I wish the wife from John wick would have been the Trinity actress. Would have been awesome and they could have worked it in as some type of cross over somehow.

#146 2 years ago

I'd buy a Matrix pinball machine.

#147 2 years ago

with the new movie coming out.
    i have grand that says someone makes one in 2022

#148 2 years ago
    Quoted from Moruga:

with the new movie coming out.
    i have grand that says someone makes one in 2022

I’m also willing to bet someone will make it. Too much money to pass up

#149 2 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

I’m also willing to bet someone will make it. Too much money to pass up

No one is having trouble making monies as is

#150 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No one is having trouble making monies as is

So true! Hahahahaha!

There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-is-the-matrix-not-a-pinball-machine-yet/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.