2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

When Stern came out with their Spike system years back there was a lot a negative comments about it. Repair Cost, durability etc
    Wondering what people are saying about it years later?

#2 2 years ago

I think it's shown the Australian blowhard with his slanted video that he was dead wrong. Very few node issues considering volume out in about in public and private collections

#3 2 years ago

I think the numerous different versions brought out during the initial implementation of this system are very likely to cause a huge headache for future owners of these machines but I think Stern have sorted out most of the initial issues now with current builds.

As long as they stick to the SAME few boards moving forward I think that would be fine. If they continue changing them every game - that will be a huge issue down the track.

#4 2 years ago

I've owned nearly every Spike game and currently have 11 of them. Never a single problem. Solid system indeed!

#5 2 years ago

4 spike games, 1 bad node board for me

#6 2 years ago

Pretty amazing that a thread got 5 replies in 5 minutes. What a busy website!

#7 2 years ago

I've owned 19 spike games, had a bad node board on maiden pro, which stern replaced free
    Of charge, even though I was 2nd owner. But, that was 2-3 years ago.

#8 2 years ago

Well that's good to hear I guess!

Quoted from Jeffswack:

I think it's shown the Australian blowhard with his slanted video that he was dead wrong. Very few node issues considering volume out in about in public and private collections

#9 2 years ago

Looking pretty well unless they all have a shelf life and die at once.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-is-sterns-spike-system-holding-up?hl=jeffswack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.