(Topic ID: 245449)

How is Stern pinball a "lifestyle brand"?

By HighProtein

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190911_092146 (resized).jpg
    D8914E72-1381-48BF-ABA1-6D77972A27BF.jpeg
    Lifestyle Brand (resized).PNG
    image (resized).png
    image (resized).png
    B11DA1EC-156A-4EAB-9479-91F1F24DFB0C (resized).jpeg
    lifestyles01 (resized).jpg
    C9179727-ACF0-4FDE-BADC-E394D1F60B13 (resized).png
    IMG_2005 (resized).PNG
    1C2491AD-508F-4884-911F-3194D83782F9 (resized).jpeg
    stern_jeep_barf.jpg
    2u2t7g (resized).jpg
    lifestyle brand (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highprotein.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Recently in an interview Gary Stern called Stern pinball a "lifestyle brand", huh? How?

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

[quoted image]

Thats a great screen capture from my 2nd interview with Gary Stern.

This post was brought to you by Cody while wearing his Munsters styled Stern logo shirt!

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

I think after a certain number of pins and your living space taken up. It becomes a lifestyle personally. They should make a shirt that says " I know Gary" or "Gary is my home boy".

Bingo!

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

You want innovation, you want things to change to find new audiences. All things evolve doesn't mean the old ones are out of style. Look at muscle cars they're more popular today than ever, however a new Hellcat is a whole hell of a lot more fun to drive and it has power steering, air condition, and well the list goes on and on. There are more pinball games already made than will EVER be built new into the future combined.
    So new pinball games can be different, feature more ways to connect with the game via technology. Nothing wrong with that.
    Pinball doesn't have to be old school, and it wont. Pinball will evolve otherwise what's new again is always old again with the next generation.
    Guys in their 50's grew up with Pac Man and Pinball, they're popular again today. When I was a kid a 55 Chevy was the hot collector car now no one talks about a 55 Chevy. What was old can be new again, and back to old with a change of the guard. Pinball has to find ways to embrace tech to compete with what is going on for young people.
    Nothing wrong with that... consider even if 200 new games are between now and say 2075 it still won't compare to the hundreds and hundreds made prior. Pinball will never loose its old school, and new games nothing wrong with going new school.
    I will say this because it's 110% FACT!!!!!!!!
    There is not many more ways to build a playfield that hasn't already been done in some cases 10 times already. Look at Stern they seem to be coping everything they've done in the past over and over again.
    Why not do something different? If you don't like it who cares there is only 2000 other pinball games for you to choose from
    Does it really seem like in Stern's case they're even trying? When is the last time we've seen something fun happening inside the backglass like on NBA Fastbreak? Why doesn't Stern do that? I can tell you why they're not trying! What happened to the video modes why not bring those back? Stern doesn't care that would take to much effort and more money. Why not make games connect to wifi, bluetooth, would that be so hard? Why not an online gaming community for pinball, ouch that gives Stern a headache.
    Just keep making games the same as they've always done until people stop buying the games. Black Knight is the perfect example of putting the least into the game, but asking the most ever for a game. This is going backwards.
    I can't wait to see what Deep Root comes up with, and I hope JJP can get their company in the fast lane putting out games more than every two years.
    Once these two companies get moving, you'll see brand loyalty to Stern die down fast, unless they embrace the concept of making their games more fun, more interactive, and adding more bells and whistles.

Nothing will really slow down Stern but parts availability and lack of quality licenses.

Gary and Stern aren't worried and shouldn't be about jjp, chicago gaming, spooky, american and the sad group of pie in the sky haven't made even 1 pinball machine fake news pinball companies...

Stern gets themes that people buy, ship them in orderly fashion, have a good distribution network and there games are the most reliable.

Any pinball company making and actually selling games need not ever desire or seek to grow as big as Stern, that's a damn pipe dream. Any company not Stern just needs to figure out how to max out profit per machine and be happy with any market share they get.

1 month later
    #77 4 years ago

How about Stern brand pinball shoes?

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

No, too many knuckleheads, degenerates and fringe lunatics are attracted to pinball, anyways.

Quantify "too many"... there are odd people into every hobby haha. Pinball people are far more times than not nice people.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highprotein.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-is-stern-pinball-a-lifestyle-brand?tu=highprotein and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.