Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-963.jpg
image-470.jpg
image-258.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I should have shut about about how good my snake, hammer, etc are working. First a wire came off a switch on the snake and now I can't figure out what is going on with my snake jaw switch. My jaw switch is always pressed on... Then when the jaw is hit the switch is turned off and then on again. So when playing the game it thinks I hit the jaw and open the mouth automatically.

I can't figure out how to adjust and fix it. Can someone look at theirs and tell me what I am missing here? It was working fine and now suddenly not.

#2 10 years ago

Unfamiliar with the game but did you connect the wire back to NC instead of NO lug. Naturally closed vs naturally open switch? If this is correct I will try to find online pictures to help you understand it.

#3 10 years ago

No the wire I reconnected was for the switch that tells there is a ball in the snake. The one acting funny now,is the jaw. Switch is pressed in always and then when the jaw is it disengages the switch and engages it again

#4 10 years ago

I am going to start digging starting here

http://www.sternpinball.com/SGM_MTLA.html

#5 10 years ago

assembly in blue pages section 2.

I would look at the actuator arm that hits the switch. Also the corresponding spring and solenoid.

items 9,11 and 12 on page B22

Again I am just grasping at straws easier If I could hold it in my hand. Just problem places I am noting by looking at the CAD.

#6 10 years ago

I can't find anything to help in those. It seems to be set up as it should. Here are photos from each side showing the switch. First photo is when the jaw is sitting normal (out)... You can see the switch is in (engaged). Second photo is when jaw is pressed in... Switch goes out (disengage) but then pops back in as the jaw snaps back out. Then I took the same two photos from the other side.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-258.jpgimage-258.jpg image-258.jpgimage-258.jpg image-258.jpgimage-258.jpg image-470.jpgimage-470.jpg image-963.jpgimage-963.jpg
#7 10 years ago

I don't know why it messed up and put that many photos. Just trying to show the switch engaged while the jaw is sitting normal... That is how it should be?

#9 10 years ago

It would be nice if someone could just tell me if their snake switch is the same (engaged all the time and just turned off and back on when hit)

#10 10 years ago

Changed my topic header to see if someone can let me know if their snake jaw switch is working same as mine

#11 10 years ago

Free bump

sorry I cannot look as I do not own. I cannot see anything obvious from the pics.

The thread MRG linked you has a video and some pics of others. It also talks about adjustments and placing a rubber or washer in as a spacer to fix the issue.

If you try and it does not work I am sure others will chime in

Good luck with repair

#12 10 years ago

hey pinchamp - i'm at work so can't confirm 100% but pretty sure this is how my snake head works (switch is always on and turns off when hit). I'll check in a few hours.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

hey pinchamp - i'm at work so can't confirm 100% but pretty sure this is how my snake head works (switch is always on and turns off when hit). I'll check in a few hours.

So that is confirmed? If the switch as always on and turns off, back on when hit... Why is mine registering a hit even when I don't hit it?

#14 10 years ago

sorry for the delay - crazy weekend - i can confirm that my jaw switch is always active (and then becomes inactive when pressed).

As to why yours is registering a hit - i'm really not sure - faulty switch? loose wiring? (i'm a real newb to this stuff so those guesses may be way off, sorry)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 25.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-is-metallica-snake-jaw-switch-supposed-to-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.