• Who Cares 102 votes
    46%

(222 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ap_octomom_mi_121116_wblog.jpg
85-year-old-metallica-fan-15267-125439.jpg
summer-maiden-012.jpg
There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

How is it Metallica is rated #22 and WOZ is rated #65

It seems everyone is putting down Metallica for bad everything and Everybody is making WOZ sound like the best thing since sliced bread.
I think both games are good and deserve alot of respect.

Keep in mind that Metallica has 73 ratings
And WOZ has 77 ratings

Also WOZ has been on the ratings board atleast a few weeks longer.

Do you guys think WOZ will eventually surpass Metallica for the lead?

Take the poll let me know what you think.

#2 10 years ago

Metallica must be better. That's all I can gather from that data.

#3 10 years ago

WOZ may be one of the worst themes introduced into pinball since Dolly Parton, no offense...

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

WOZ may be one of the worst themes introduced into pinball since Dolly Parton, no offense...

LOL Never Played WOAH NELLIE but im sure its fun

#5 10 years ago

Metallica is a thrilling joyride, WOZ is a sluggish borefest that appeals to Octogenarians.

#6 10 years ago

Who Cares...Play Pinball!!!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from bradloy25:

LOL Never Played WOAH NELLIE but im sure its fun

I have played it......Let me just say that EM's arent my thing...ya know? I love speed,flow,blinding lights, multiball, dmd's....or any sort of combination of those.

#8 10 years ago

Because, because, because, because, BECAUSE..............

all of the wonderful things Metallica does...

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from bradloy25:

How is it Metallica is rated #22 and WOZ is rated #65

Subject to change every week. The ratings are a joke, especially when you have a Stern dealer rating MM with 1s. Enough said...

#10 10 years ago

See "set ratings to privacy"...that's how

#11 10 years ago

Yeah dudes, let's rock on!..... Now bring on some F ing Iron Maiden........

summer-maiden-012.jpgsummer-maiden-012.jpg

#12 10 years ago

WOZ is judged harder, I don't think you can fairly compare.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

WOZ is judged harder, I don't think you can fairly compare.

Too early to rate either anyway.

Hopefully both end up amazing in their own way.

#14 10 years ago

Could be the music/sound package. One makes me wants to make me bang my head and slam my fist in the air. The other makes me want to wear ear plugs. To each his own but I know which one I have seen enough of it to have little interest in it. Buld quality, well yeah it looks nice but the gameplay looks slow and plodding. I know which one appeals to women and children but that has no place in my arcade, just a bonus if they like my games.

#15 10 years ago

Granny ordered an LE! Is Granny smoking a joint too? 85-year-old-metallica-fan-15267-125439.jpg85-year-old-metallica-fan-15267-125439.jpg

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Too early to rate either anyway.
Hopefully both end up amazing in their own way.

Agreed and agreed. I hope WOZ is a huge smash hit that pushes forward pinball technology for the decade that was lost to innovation.

The theme is what is holding WOZ back I feel . . . after playing it I didn't think the shot layout was that bad or it was to stop and go . . . but theme, theme, theme on WOZ is what hurts it.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

One makes me wants to make me bang my head and slam my fist in the air. The other makes me want to wear war plugs.

Yea, WOZ's show tunes don't do it any favors either.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Agreed and agreed. I hope WOZ is a huge smash hit that pushes forward pinball technology for the decade that was lost to innovation.
The theme is what is holding WOZ back I feel . . . after playing it I didn't think the shot layout was that bad or it was to stop and go . . . but theme, theme, theme on WOZ is what hurts it.

The theme, colors & sound package are not for me either.

I've been critical of JJP's nonsense over the last year but always maintained the position of being a buyer once tangible inventory exists.

After a few videos I am now undoubtedly 100% out.

Will I play one? You bet! Will I spend $6K on one. Impossible.

I think JJP has the spirit to make a bad ass Three Stooges machine however

Wait, its a MET thread... no its a WOZ thread... no its a lopsided ratings system thread... no its a breakfast cereal thread

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The theme is something EVERYONE knows, but not everyone may like. i feel like they shot themselves in the foot because of how limited the new screen could be used. With the wizard of oz, you can only use 80 year old footage. With any newer theme, you have more to use.

#20 10 years ago

Not much on polls or ratings but both look like fun. Huge potential as are most modern designs. Great couple years for our hobby. Hope for many more to come.

#21 10 years ago

all kind of pinballs outhere for all kind of peoples.
personally i can't stand woz, theme and the redundant track in the background drives me nuts... ''the journey is the reward'' pffffffff... sorry.
but i do wish jjp succes and i'm sure he will make great games and i'd be happy to buy one from him.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

but theme, theme, theme on WOZ is what hurts it.

I agree, theme hurts Woz, I don't love it either, and the same thing could be said for Metallica, the theme absolutely kills it for people like myself and a whole lot of others, I'd rather stick a fork in my eye than listen to Metallica, no offense...

Theme kills WPT too and its one of the funnest and best Sterns to date...

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Because, because, because, because, BECAUSE..............
all of the wonderful things Metallica does...

Like taking back orders from distributors and putting hem in their little Metallica Club......yeah.....they are SO Wonderful.

#24 10 years ago

To me it seems the music themed pins are the most polarizing... Example
A Justin Bieber pin comes out and the game play is phenomenal how many would
Buy it if they had to listen to Bieber while they played???

#25 10 years ago

One is a metal pin for men and kicks ass and one is a tutti frutti pin for little girls who want to play a 15 minute game while accomplishing nothing. I believe the ratings are accurate.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

One is a metal pin for men and kicks ass and one is a tutti frutti pin for little girls who want to play a 15 minute game while accomplishing nothing. I believe the ratings are accurate.

Give it a rest already. You are like the Canadian Exejet.

#27 10 years ago

I am secure enough in my manhood to play both... Can you say the same extraball

#28 10 years ago

How many of those rating for woz were on a production machine. Not many I'm assuming. People were sowered by the early code and progress of the game with the proto type. Lets re visit this thread in a year and see were we are. My opinion is wozle will be in the top 5 all time and Metallica maybe top 20. jmo or course.

#29 10 years ago

WOZ's build quality is killer but looking forward to his next offering and checking out the layout

#30 10 years ago

Im a huge Metallica fan but when I was playing WOZ at in arcade on location little kids were walking by going, dad, dad look Wizard of Oz. Not a lot of 5-6 year olds know who Metallica is so I think both will fill the needs of collectors and operators which hopefully makes pinball grow.

As for ratings, not only do they not mean much but these games don't even have finished code - how can you even vote oneway or another.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

The theme, colors & sound package are not for me either.
I've been critical of JJP's nonsense over the last year but always maintained the position of being a buyer once tangible inventory exists.
After a few videos I am now undoubtedly 100% out.
Will I play one? You bet! Will I spend $6K on one. Impossible.
I think JJP has the spirit to make a bad ass Three Stooges machine however
Wait, its a MET thread... no its a WOZ thread... no its a lopsided ratings system thread... no its a breakfast cereal thread

You sure do have a way with words. and I like the idea about a Stooges PB

#32 10 years ago

for men and kicks ass and one is a tutti frutti pin for little girls

1980 is on the phone and they want their comment back.

#33 10 years ago

A bunch of people like Metallica more. But I don't own or am going to buy either so I don't care.

#34 10 years ago

We'll see what happens after code updates for both of them, but as of 06/17/13 10:48pm central time, I find WOZ to be miles better.

#35 10 years ago

Lol we shall see, 1980 also called and would like a shitty vh pin but would settle for a mediocre low selling maiden pin

My opinion might have been higher of woz but it broke down while I was attempting to play it at the nw show so I never did get a good game on it.

My personal friend, I'll call him dg to protect his anonymity, is going to invite me to his unboxing party so I will one day get a second chance to perhaps appreciate woz.

Now excuse me guys but I have to go wait in the driveway for my mople is arriving any day now.

#36 10 years ago

Saw a MOPLE for only 12k on Mr Pinball. Should be gone in about an hour given how they sold out in a day.

#37 10 years ago

After that one sells mine is up for 15k

#38 10 years ago

After that one sells mine is up for 15k

You better have two of them

#39 10 years ago

Do I want a dazzling vast rainbow colored toy box to fiddle with or a fast flowing, heart pounding flip-fest? Ratings seem to be correct and I assume most pinheads feel how I do about what they want from a pin.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

fast flowing, heart pounding flip-fest? Ratings seem to be correct and I assume most pinheads feel how I do about what they want from a pin.

There are plenty of fast flowing, heart pounding flip-fests, this is just another same old retread with sh*t music....

#41 10 years ago

Are you seriously calling Metallica a metal band?

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There are plenty of fast flowing, heart pounding flip-fests, this is just another same old retread with sh*t music....

So you prefer the soundtrack of WoZ over Metallica is what your saying???

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

So you prefer the soundtrack of WoZ over Metallica is what your saying???

I prefer about a thousand other soundtracks versus Metallica, and Woz is one of them, it might be 999, but its one of them...

#45 10 years ago

lol, your having fun spreading this thread around... make sure you do the same with the dozens of positive MoPLE threads to come... I assume you will ignore those.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Are you seriously calling Metallica a metal band?

It is a part of the name. What would you call it? Metal is a pretty broad term and a lot of bands (not really musically related) could be called metal.

#47 10 years ago

I prefer blablabla i dont like blablabla

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

lol, your having fun spreading this thread around... make sure you do the same with the dozens of positive MoPLE threads to come... I assume you will ignore those.

Nope I won't ignore them TeeKee I am waiting for them....
Right now the jury is out on the LE, but I think it's safe to say that Stern has a winner on their hands with the Pro model seems like good bang for the buck.

#49 10 years ago

Why is Shadow #23 and Stargate #66?
Why is Whirlwind #24 and Corvette #67?

If you can't answer these obvious questions, well...

#50 10 years ago

I prefer games that are finished and have been played enough times to have a solid opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 5.00
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 91.00
$ 16.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-is-metallica-rated-22-and-woz-rated-65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.