(Topic ID: 319349)

How is JJP GNR in the top 20? Does criteria need to be changed?

By adamsebas

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2067 2 (resized).JPG
IMG_1927 (resized).JPG
91TohFxYznL._SX600_ (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2022-07-25 202844 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2022-07-25 202348 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2022-07-25 202416 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2022-07-25 201706 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twenty84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

With the apparent game delays and questionable themes (especially DI and Wonka) is there a future for JJP after Wonka? I can't see Wonka sales setting the world on fire. For me JJPs always seem slow and boaty with complex rules. I just don't think their games are arcade friendy etc and feel that one more poor title could be the end for JPP.

Quoted from adamsebas:

I think it would be a good move. Every JJP I’ve played (all of them) has felt like a big slow boat!

Quoted from adamsebas:

JJP should call it day!

Quoted from adamsebas:

TS is the worst theme ever

Quoted from adamsebas:

Toy Story is the lamest theme ever...it’s a fkn little kids movie!

Quoted from adamsebas:

JJP games are just so boring! Hopefully, if it is GN'R it'll be better than the previous efforts!

Quoted from adamsebas:

Will be interesting to see the SE gameplay as there seems to be a lot of vacant realestate up the top left of the play field. I gotta say though that I am thinking the SE might be the way to go. All the mini play fields might make the game slow and clunky.

Quoted from adamsebas:

If every song kicks off multiball its a definite pass for me. Way too much multiball for my liking. Hopefully that’s not the case. The overall package is fkn great. Although, not too sure about some of the video...looks a bit 90s pc graphics in the stream I watched

Quoted from adamsebas:

Hhhhmmm...not sure if I am a fan of the gameplay at this stage. Seems to lack flow and is WAY to mb heavy.

Quoted from adamsebas:

After seeing gameplay vids I’d be surprised if heaps of people don’t pull out. Looks boring as hell and a chore to play with the constant multiball

Quoted from adamsebas:

No way that this game is a game changer. Once the honeymoon period wears off it will come down to gameplay and it looks boring as hell to me.

Quoted from adamsebas:

Finally played gnr....feels boaty and has no good shots. Something feels off about it. Its like a cross between a pokie machine and guitar hero!

Quoted from adamsebas:

Is it just me or does GNR feel cheap and lack good feeling shots? The ramps are very underwhelming and there doesn't really feel like that there is any toys that actually do anything. The flippers feel soggy and lack a tight snappy feel. I was considering purchasing as I like the theme but so far have I am very disappointed. Also, the multiball heavy gameplay becomes tiresome and doesn't inspire that one more game feel at all. I consider it to be the worst JJP - even worse than The Hobbit!

Quoted from adamsebas:

I think JJP quality control is the least if their worries - they continually make the most boring games ever. Might look good at times but I always feel like letting it drain after a few balls!

Quoted from adamsebas:

I have played the game only a handful of times but will admit that I found it very boring. I like GNR and was looking forward to the game but I just don't think it's fun at all. Am I missing something?

Quoted from adamsebas:

If you look at the market section there are currently 20+ JJP GNR's for sale. Everyone I know who bought one was dazzled by the lightshow and then quickly realised the game shoots really badly and the rules do not make for a fun or rewarding experience. So, why is it in the top 20? There are at least 20-30 games that are lower in the top 100 list that put it to shame. To me this game above any other is an example of the criteria needing to be changed.

Based your suggestions I would suggest we change the pinside top 100 to rank games based on these criteria: 1) very boring, 2) lack good feeling shots, 3) plays like a big slow boat, 4) Constant multiball, 5) Too many for sale

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twenty84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-is-jjp-gnr-in-the-top-20-does-criteria-need-to-be-changed?tu=twenty84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.