Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hoping to hear from anyone that has a Spooky Domino's on route. How is it holding up? Are there ball hangups or other snags like on AMH that would make this a pain to have on route? Any other known issues or concerns to consider about putting this title on route?

#2 6 years ago

I'm not sure about route, but it was used the MGC tournament this weekend and it seemed to hold up just fine. I didn't notice any stuck balls or other problems with the game.

#3 6 years ago

We got one on location....it's hard to choose it amongst over 40 other pins....but the (very few) times I've played it n I've watched several games played...no hang ups or concerns at our location....now the Hobbit on the other hand...nib 2-3 weeks ago...I still don't think it's running right.... ..............Joey

#4 6 years ago

I've had mine for 4 months and haven't had any stuck balls. I had to adjust some switches and mess with the Noid orbit to get it right at the beginning but no maintenance issues. I do have an AMH and do get stuck balls on occasion.

-Adam

#5 6 years ago

I played the Domino's on location at Pocketeer Billiards in Buffalo, NY a few weeks ago. It looked like most of the GI was out and the sound stuttering pretty badly. Regardless, still a fun, fast game and great to see it in the wild!

-Doug

#6 6 years ago

The Dominos at MGC as far as I know never had to have the glass off for anything. The only "issue' I heard was the ball going in the left outlane when shooting the ramp. But this was due to the outlane post being removed for the tournament.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

The Dominos at MGC as far as I know never had to have the glass off for anything. The only "issue' I heard was the ball going in the left outlane when shooting the ramp. But this was due to the outlane post being removed for the tournament.

Yes, this was a choice we made. Since using only one machine, we didn't want people to simply shoot the middle ramp over and over and over for points. The removal of that ramp made the center shot a very dangerous shot, instead of the shot you just kept going for.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Yes, this was a choice we made. Since using only one machine, we didn't want people to simply shoot the middle ramp over and over and over for points. The removal of that ramp made the center shot a very dangerous shot, instead of the shot you just kept going for.

Yep figured that. I'll add diminishing returns to that in the future.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

now the Hobbit on the other hand...nib 2-3 weeks ago...I still don't think it's running right.... ..............Joey

I've had mine on location for about a month now, it was also NIB before I put it out. I've had several issues with mine too. I had a pop up mech that I replaced the entire assembly. Also had a flipper spring break (no big deal) and I've had to reset a few USB cables due to some of the lights being out and not keeping score. Other than that it's been a great pin on location.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I've had mine on location for about a month now, it was also NIB before I put it out. I've had several issues with mine too. I had a pop up mech that I replaced the entire assembly. Also had a flipper spring break (no big deal) and I've had to reset a few USB cables due to some of the lights being out and not keeping score. Other than that it's been a great pin on location.

Ahhh....so you are the man with the Hobbit and TOM at that little Irish Pub I assume? I left some initials there a few weeks ago, was wondering who the brave man was to route a hobbit.

#11 6 years ago

BTW.. there is a version 5 out on spooky site if you are running older code

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Yep figured that. I'll add diminishing returns to that in the future.

Where is the code at with this game? Would one expect a number of future up dates or is it pretty much where it's going to be?

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

BTW.. there is a version 5 out on spooky site if you are running older code

What's new in the latest code?

#14 6 years ago

versions 4 and 5 were quick fixes related to the ball trough and is the first public release. Definitely get to the latest. although, only the first 10 or so may be at version 2 or so. Domino's will be getting all the fixes I've put into RZ and Jetsons other past couple months.

Version 6 and up will include a whatsnew file.

DOMINOS V003
Added - Worlds Fast Pizza Maker Sub Wizard mode. Qaulify by completing either left or right side modes one time.
Added - Global Conquest Sub Wizard Mode. Qualify by beating both left and rigth side modes.
Added - Final wizard mode, Pizza Wars!
Added - Left scoop will advance your career objective by 3. This should help get the left side modes advanced through a bit quicker.
Added - World Fastest Pizza Maker keeps time and displays your time.
Fixed - Start light blinks when enough credits are available or while in attract and on free play
Fixed - Outer orbits detection handled better
Fixed - Noid orbits handled better
Fixed - Attract video used old animation from another game while not in free play
Updated - Jackpot additions calculated before adding to your score
Updated - Pop bumper sound changed, and added voice clip on qualification

DOMINOS V002
Fixed - Pizza Dispatch ramp light now stops blinking when the mode is qualified
Fixed - Make The Pizza, both orbit lihts pulse when mode needs to be qualified
Fixed - Left orbit strobes when career objective pops are still avaialable
Fixed - Claiming extra ball bonus for having < 1mil, flag was not set properly
Fixed - Make The Pizza was setting the win flag after the mode timer ended no matter what
Fixed - Reset ballsearch timer after collecting mystery
Fixed - Tilt would go into infinite loop due to missing light animation
Fixed - Before starting a mode, light objective indicators were not activing properly (all modes)
Update - Skillshot is now progressive. 250k, 500k, 1mill.. resets back to 250k
Update - Make The Pizza, Lost Topping, Pizza Dispatch mode now pulses when mode is qualified
Update - Right target bank available through all modes
Update - Franchisee mode light pulses when mode is ready to start
Update - Noid battle now awards 250k, 500k, 1mil after defeating
Update - Lost Topping mode complete awards 1/2/3 mill depending on how many times it's beat
Update - Removed strobe effect from rush lock, to only blink the HR light. Easier to know why you need to shoot the ramp
Update - OER switch value multiplied by OER bonus
Added - Spinner has new lighting effect
Fixed - Total rule rewrite!

#15 6 years ago

I know, I was just about to get a rob zombie spook show, but after all the issues the machines were having at TPF I changed my mind. dominoes didn't seem to have any issues, the jetsons have several. Finally getting a chance to play the spook show and the ball gets stuck on my first game from the plunger to somewhere behind the upper playfield. After shaking the machine and waiting on ball search over 6 times I gave up. Luckily I found another one, unluckily my ball got stuck on my second turn. same thing waited 5 or 6 times for ball search and shook the machine a little, but nothing. Sucked to because when I was attempting to play the jetsons, I saw several other people take their turns on Spook show.

Willing to give it another chance next time, I like spooky since they are the only ones willing to do something not specifically targeted for all ages. Wish someone would do a scarfaced themed pin.

I have a GOT on route, after a couple of bad node boards everything went pretty smooth. Twice I've had a ball go to the back bottom of the cabinet. Not really sure how this happens, this is the only game I have that ever does this.

#16 6 years ago

Are there any protective add ons out there for this game? Cliffys?

#17 6 years ago

FawzmaGames My Domino's #110 is on location at my arcade & some of the better pinball players have told me of an issue with the multiball where the flippers can't be held up to trap a ball (very awesome!) (I don't recall the name of the multiball). Here is the issue... if they are holding the right flipper button up when the multiball is started the right flipper will stay up and cant be used until the ball drains and the player's turn is over.

#18 6 years ago

Ok I'll double check. I think I fixed it for the next version already.

Handle the rush, is the mode you shouldn't be able to hold flippers.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I know, I was just about to get a rob zombie spook show, but after all the issues the machines were having at TPF I changed my mind. dominoes didn't seem to have any issues, the jetsons have several. Finally getting a chance to play the spook show and the ball gets stuck on my first game from the plunger to somewhere behind the upper playfield. After shaking the machine and waiting on ball search over 6 times I gave up. Luckily I found another one, unluckily my ball got stuck on my second turn. same thing waited 5 or 6 times for ball search and shook the machine a little, but nothing. Sucked to because when I was attempting to play the jetsons, I saw several other people take their turns on Spook show.
Willing to give it another chance next time, I like spooky since they are the only ones willing to do something not specifically targeted for all ages. Wish someone would do a scarfaced themed pin.
I have a GOT on route, after a couple of bad node boards everything went pretty smooth. Twice I've had a ball go to the back bottom of the cabinet. Not really sure how this happens, this is the only game I have that ever does this.

Yes, there is some tweaking necessary for RZ.

I had same ball hang up and it was a total pain to fix due to dismantling etc but it should be fine now.

The important things look great on RZ. Playfield - no chipping/ghosting. Cabinet good. And a real backglass

And the game has tons of new code coming and is already a blast to play.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Ok I'll double check. I think I fixed it for the next version already.
Handle the rush, is the mode you shouldn't be able to hold flippers.

Thanks for the response. If they dont touch the flippers when it starts, the multiball does work fine & i love seeing the reaction when they can't hold or trap a ball.

1 year later
#21 5 years ago

Has anyone wired in a dollar bill acceptor for route use?

4 weeks later
#22 5 years ago
Quoted from MoonwalkerArcade:

FawzmaGames My Domino's #110 is on location at my arcade &amp; some of the better pinball players have told me of an issue with the multiball where the flippers can't be held up to trap a ball (very awesome!) (I don't recall the name of the multiball). Here is the issue... if they are holding the right flipper button up when the multiball is started the right flipper will stay up and cant be used until the ball drains and the player's turn is over.

Haven't heard from Fawzma in 18 months on this so I doubt anyone cares anymore. Shame since all paid 6k expecting code to be finished at some point.

My league will not play Domino's in their league due to unfinished code and I don't blame them in the least.

-Winston

3 weeks later
#23 5 years ago

Unfinished code? Any updates?

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Haven't heard from Fawzma in 18 months on this so I doubt anyone cares anymore. Shame since all paid 6k expecting code to be finished at some point.
My league will not play Domino's in their league due to unfinished code and I don't blame them in the least.
-Winston

Spooky did it on contract. Why not ping them and see if there are any plans to fix major bugs like this...

#25 5 years ago

A update will be coming for Domino's. Bug Fixes, yes. More content, Yes. It will be polished and finished.

#26 5 years ago

Anyone have one of these for sale? I'd like to have one back.

8 months later
#27 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Anyone have one of these for sale? I'd like to have one back.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from halflip87:

I played the Domino's on location at Pocketeer Billiards in Buffalo, NY a few weeks ago. It looked like most of the GI was out and the sound stuttering pretty badly. Regardless, still a fun, fast game and great to see it in the wild!
-Doug

Sound continues to be garbled and is such a complaint amongst any player that a friend I lent the machine to (and delivered by hand for free) asked me to take it back; he simply couldn't handle it. Just sayin' that's my experience!

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

A update will be coming for Domino's. Bug Fixes, yes. More content, Yes. It will be polished and finished.

Still at version 5 according to Spooky's site. And still no manual/schematics either.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Still at version 5 according to Spooky's site. And still no manual/schematics either.

I received a PM from the gentleman doing the code, Fawzma Games. He advises that if the SD card gets replaced with a new one and re-installed, the sound problem will be fixed. I wish someone had told me that three years ago! Pretty sure it is not on the Spooky site or mentioned in any official capacity ie: e-mail owners!

Anyhow, I am grateful for the advice. I was also advised the Domino's code v.6 was "in queue" . Hopefully that means 2-3 months. That would be a reasonable turn-around time.

1 month later
#31 4 years ago

50 days gone by since we last addressed this..and not a peep. Just sayin'. Someone needs to step up and be accountable.

#32 4 years ago

SpookyCharlie SpookyKT SpookyLuke
Well these folks come up when you punch in “Spooky” So they seem like the folks we may want to hear from.

2 months later
#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

spookycharlie spookykt spookyluke
Well these folks come up when you punch in “Spooky” So they seem like the folks we may want to hear from.

And yet...radio silence!

I love the idea of Spooky... and get that they have bigger fish to fry at the moment... but it should have been communicated that they were sending me a half-baked pinball machine for $5,300 with no prospect of finishing the game. Just be honest.
No video-mode, no Pizza Wars flipper gimmick, no complete code three years later. Brutal sound. This is the kind of stuff we make fun of Stern for.

#34 4 years ago

When!?

#35 4 years ago

Man sorry to hear about those issues, kinda disturbing.

3 months later
#36 3 years ago

No time like a pandemic to tackle this!

6 months later
#37 3 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

I received a PM from the gentleman doing the code, Fawzma Games. He advises that if the SD card gets replaced with a new one and re-installed, the sound problem will be fixed. I wish someone had told me that three years ago! Pretty sure it is not on the Spooky site or mentioned in any official capacity ie: e-mail owners!
Anyhow, I am grateful for the advice. I was also advised the Domino's code v.6 was "in queue" . Hopefully that means 2-3 months. That would be a reasonable turn-around time.

Still no code update.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Still no code update.

Haha! I saw this thread pop up again and I wondered if owners ever got the code update promised almost 2 years ago now, so I came in to check.

Guess not. Whoops!

#39 3 years ago

I have never actually seen one on location. Of course, I don't really ever go into pizza places either...

#40 3 years ago

Spooky just wants to pretend this game and Jetsons never happened.

6 months later
#41 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Agreed

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Didn't they make that for Dominos ? If so I'm sure Spooky is fine with it.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 1.00
Electronics
Cobra Amusements
Electronics
$ 3.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-is-dominos-holding-up-on-route and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.