Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Strummy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 2 years ago

Automated's business model is essentially this: Stock up on LE games. Inflate the prices well beyond MSRP. When the games sell out at other distros, panicked FOMO buyers will come knocking and buy the games at the inflated prices. Automated is happy, and the buyers are happy because they got a machine they thought they'd be too late to find.

It's how I got my WOZ ECLE from Mike - my first pin. I paid pretty much $1000-$1500 over MSRP for mine in 2013 (paid $9k), but they were nowhere to be found at that point. The best part, though, was that they delivered it and set it up for me since I knew nothing about pinball at that point.

Moral of the story: If you want a great deal, look elsewhere. If you want a machine that everyone else is out of, Mike's your best bet...but don't whine about the price you paid. And the customer service (in my experience) is fantastic.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Call Mike today. Tell him LTG sent you.
    LTG : )

Then you'll be charged double.

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

One other thing. Mike brings games to Pintastic in the vendor hall on free play some of them just out of the box and some for sale at show prices.

Yep. He's a great asset to the hobby...and I just want to clarify my earlier statement: These days, I think most distros hike prices on games once they're scarce. It's becoming a thing, sadly.

#41 2 years ago

Well...I guess my theory of inflated NIB prices applies to their used games as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-is-automated?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.