Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Strummy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

They have a title I want.
    Anyone have any issues?

#2 2 years ago

You pay them and you get a game. Nothing more nothing less.

#3 2 years ago

Spence, They are more than cointaker or game exchange, price wise. Deal with Mike hope all works out.
    Harley D.

#4 2 years ago

Mikes a stand up guy. Gets a little busy but a good man and great for his community. Opened his whole place up a for a kids birthday party. No not a rich kid. An underprivileged kid. And that prob made that kids life if not a big impact And that was one of the “little” things he does. Bought / sold 3 games and will do again one day (helluva drive from Cle tho!). Buy with confidence

#6 2 years ago

I got Bought a NiB game from them and received a NiB game in new condition

#7 2 years ago

Mike is good. No issue when I bought nib. And his price was fine. I pick them up with cash, not sure if that makes a difference. I will keep buying from him as he is easy to deal with.

#8 2 years ago

He almost expects you to make a deal or you won't get it. Paying cash might get you a discount as well. Be pro-active and ask. I have nothing but good experience buying NIB with him but it's been a few years since my last transaction.

#9 2 years ago

I am expecting my Deadpool today that I ordered from them...12 days ago. They use ABF shipping which has a limited delivery area, so they have to hand that off to a "partner" shipper. They don't tell you this during the order process. They tried to charge me tax for an out of state purchase, may have been an honest mistake as they corrected it quickly when I asked. They weren't cheap...even their shipping was higher than most (probably to cover off on the partner shipping portion.) I would not order from them again, but they were the only ones I found that still had Deadpool Pro's on hand and I didn't want to wait til Dec/Jan. Not saying they're dishonest, just very abrupt and matter of fact...didn't even get a thank you from Mike which is kind of odd in this day and age with a 6K purchase. When I asked about a Mando Pro, he quoted me $6450...when I was getting $5999 shipped from others (when they get them in stock) I would say do some extensive research first. I am sure he knows he often has stock when all others don't.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Superpops1:

I got Bought a NiB game from them and received a NiB game in new condition

Anyone can sell a NIB game, but what if you need warranty service? Anyone know how they respond to help get parts?

#11 2 years ago

They’re good. Prices may be higher, but they very often have NIB in stock when others don’t, and sometimes prices are equal or even cheaper. They always have HD glass available which they install for you, even with NIB, and have had nothing but success with communication with Beckey and Mike.

ABF is a good low-forked freight company and only cost what, $350, to ship half way across America. They were the only place I could find a NIB MBr SE only a month ago and jumped on that. JP Premium is traveling across country on ABF as we speak, and Mando Premium in order as well. I only placed that deposit weeks ago, but sounds like he got me in first production run, which was unexpected, if true.

I mean, in the end, if you’re buying NIB they shipping it and that’s-that; not a lot to go wrong vendor to vendor. I just like that they often have things in stock where they’re out of stock elsewhere. I’ve heard that buying used from them is hit and miss, but I only buy NIB from them; will stick to pinside market for used.

#12 2 years ago

Mike sells at MSRP and his shipping is about another $450 as I understand it. I think this is because he ships from his own warehouse, but I’m not certain. I’ve bought from him and the experience was excellent. He had what I wanted when no one else did. I’m fairly local to him so I picked up my game. Cash sales get a small % discount. I didn’t think he negotiated for the most part but it never hurts to try.

I’ve never needed any special attention, but I have no doubt Mike would be a strong advocate for his customers, should they need one. JJ at Game Exchange will do the same.

A good distro is worth paying a little xtra for IMO.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone can sell a NIB game, but what if you need warranty service? Anyone know how they respond to help get parts?

The one/only time I had a pf question, Mike personally called me the next day and asked what’s up and how he could help; didn’t expect that. He did end up kicking me over to CGC for my particular issue, and thus don’t really have any data points to say they’d help more directly or not with more part-specific requests.

Would be interested hearing from others on this question.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Mike sells at MSRP and his shipping is about another $450 as I understand it. I think this is because he ships from his own warehouse, but I’m not certain. I’ve bought from him and the experience was excellent. He had what I wanted when no one else did. I’m fairly local to him so I picked up my game. Cash sales get a small % discount. I didn’t think he negotiated for the most part but it never hurts to try.
    I’ve never needed any special attention, but I have no doubt Mike would be a strong advocate for his customers, should they need one. JJ at Game Exchange will do the same.
    A good distro is worth paying a little xtra for IMO.

The good distro I used charged me a little less than MSRP and the shipping was free. Sheesh! I guess if only one place has the game you want though, your options are limited at that point.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I had a issue with my nib game and Mike got it resolved with stern sending me the replacement part without any issues and it was resolved quickly. I dont remember her name, but the woman who answers the phone and emails was also very helpfull and courteous.

#16 2 years ago

Best I can offer is, stick to NIB with them. Great price and communication to set up delivery. You will be well taken care of.

Personal experience; everyone was great when I was buying two new pins.

When I was seeking repair on something older or asked about their pinballs.com stuff, it quickly fell apart.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from Loganpinball:

I had a issue with my nib game and Mike got it resolved with stern sending me the replacement part without any issues and it was resolved quickly. I dont remember her name, but the woman who answers the phone and emails was also very helpfull and courteous.

More then likely Kayla and shes great to work with. Mike is old school more a phone guy then email. Ive always had good dealings with them on almost a dozen games now. They have always gotten me parts i need or got my foot in the door to Stern or JJP when its over there heads. Price wise if there website shows a price like $5999 and you call and ask for a price he will probably quote you higher figureing you will haggle some and its your fault if you dont. Dont buy used games at the prices he advertises unless your desperate. Shipping wise most are free when shipping NIB direct from Stern but i think if its his warehouse stock he charges $400. Recently they delivered a BM66 catwomen out of his showroom themselves all the way to my house which is a long drive! Now get me my damn Mando LE here now Mike!!!

#18 2 years ago

I guess they are...automated?

#19 2 years ago

show up with cash or wire the funds and you get a terrific price and he ships same day most of the time. I get my games from him in 2 days or less. Everyone who says he is overpriced must be paying with CC.

#20 2 years ago

If you are buying a NIB game there should be no issues with the purchase and delivery. If you are buying a used game then assume no help or support after the sale regardless of the issue.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

Price wise if there website shows a price like $5999 and you call and ask for a price he will probably quote you higher figureing you will haggle some and its your fault if you dont.

This!!! Pinball is all about haggling and making deals. Some of the people who are chiming in seem like the same type to gladly pay sticker price

#22 2 years ago

Mike is a stand up guy and takes care of his customers. I've bought many games from him and it has always been an easy transaction. He stood by a defective game when Stern wouldn't even return calls or emails. Can't say enough good things about him.

#23 2 years ago

Mike is cool. The rest of the staff seems a little aloof at times but overall they are good. I've bought 2 pins from them

#24 2 years ago

They are the best. Hands down!

#25 2 years ago

I buy a lot of NIB games from Mike. They have been in business coming up on 50 years so they must be doing something right.

Mike told me that sometimes he gets buried in calls when a new title is announced and he can only spend so much time with people.

There are only a few places where you call and the owner actually answers the phone.

I consider myself a regular customer and have never had an issue. I typically receive my games shortly after they begin shipping.

#26 2 years ago

Mike is a good guy, he’s a phone guy and so am I. He got me a RR Woz at a fair price when it was a big deal to find them. Same with AFM se after expo when it was also hard to find. Recently I bought DP premium also very hard to find.
    Shipping was extra but I was fine with that , reduced cost using wire transfer.

#27 2 years ago
    Exactly!! Be patient & you'll get a better deal; not a fan of NIB headaches personally. I've heard from friends Mike runs a fair business; but it's full retail prices.

#28 2 years ago

I bought an Arcade Legends from them a year ago. I paid retail but got free delivery and no tax (out of state). I had one minor problem where an upgrade wasn't included, but it was handled reasonably well. I dealt with Chicago Gaming on two issues that came up with machine, but that was fine and what I expected.

One kinda great benefit that hasn't been mentioned yet...their showroom is AWESOME. Every new game and a mix of classics. They're happy to have you there to check them out. They let me in and told me to turn on whatever I wanted.

#29 2 years ago

I've been dealing with Mike since 1977 when I was a snot-nosed 14 year-old. NEVER have I had an issue with him. Others may have, I have not. Pro tip: Call him, don't email or text him.

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from adborto:

They are the best. Hands down!

Mike is a good guy, but as for Automated being the best, I disagree!
    Melissa at Cointaker and Joe at PinballStar have both been fantastic to work with, If you haven’t talked to them you should!

#31 2 years ago

I bought a game from him and it went smooth enough.Trent from Tilt Amusements or Kingpin I know will help with any and all questions or problems.I don't know how Automated help is because I didn't have a issue with the game I got from him.Game exchange is another good place to buy.I suggest you make a few calls and find your best deal or at least make sure your not overpaying with shipping and or taxes.

#32 2 years ago

I just remembered another transaction I had with Automated. I had an order in for Stern SW LE (2017?) and backed out for personal reasons. They reimbursed me promptly and without issue.

#33 2 years ago

Automated's business model is essentially this: Stock up on LE games. Inflate the prices well beyond MSRP. When the games sell out at other distros, panicked FOMO buyers will come knocking and buy the games at the inflated prices. Automated is happy, and the buyers are happy because they got a machine they thought they'd be too late to find.

It's how I got my WOZ ECLE from Mike - my first pin. I paid pretty much $1000-$1500 over MSRP for mine in 2013 (paid $9k), but they were nowhere to be found at that point. The best part, though, was that they delivered it and set it up for me since I knew nothing about pinball at that point.

Moral of the story: If you want a great deal, look elsewhere. If you want a machine that everyone else is out of, Mike's your best bet...but don't whine about the price you paid. And the customer service (in my experience) is fantastic.

#34 2 years ago

Call Mike today. Tell him LTG sent you.

LTG : )

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Call Mike today. Tell him LTG sent you.

Then you'll be charged double.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Then you'll be charged double.

Only you boob.

I warned Mike about you.

#37 2 years ago

One other thing. Mike brings games to Pintastic in the vendor hall on free play some of them just out of the box and some for sale at show prices.

#38 2 years ago

Three NIB purchases from Mike at automated within 18 month period. Two delivered to me within a week and one I drove the same day I ordered to pickup while living in NY. My first machine had a problem with a flipper and by week end a new flipper parts delivered. Nothing but great things to say about Automated/pinballs.com Mike is a class A+ guy.

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

One other thing. Mike brings games to Pintastic in the vendor hall on free play some of them just out of the box and some for sale at show prices.

Yep. He's a great asset to the hobby...and I just want to clarify my earlier statement: These days, I think most distros hike prices on games once they're scarce. It's becoming a thing, sadly.

#41 2 years ago

Well...I guess my theory of inflated NIB prices applies to their used games as well.

#42 2 years ago

Never mind.

#43 2 years ago

Mike is a cool guy to deal with. I loved haggling with him. He is deffinitely old school. I got a great price on a EHOH last year.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-is-automated?hl=nikrox2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.