6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinballslave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How into pinball is your partner (I've used 'she' because most partners of pinball people are female, so sorry for the female (or gay) pin-heads... imagine he!”

• She hates it to the point of almost driving me away from the hobby to have a more peaceful life! 2 votes
      1%
    • She dislikes it and tries to curb my enthusiasm, but realises shes on a losing battle, so backs off. 12 votes
      4%
    • She has no interest at all... she leaves me alone, but will never play a game or even entertain talking about it. 46 votes
      16%
    • She tolerates the hobby and shows a vague interest, looking occationaly at games and maybe playing one or two balls. 107 votes
      37%
    • She likes playing a game or two and is interested to know what the next theme will be if ones on the agenda. 81 votes
      28%
    • She plays with me often and is starting to beat me... she looks at what other games are out there and suggests new additions. 19 votes
      7%
    • She plays on her own and with me and gets involved in restorations, always eager to know what games coming next 12 votes
      4%
    • She shares an equal passoin as me in the whole hobby and we fight for what game to get next. 9 votes
      3%
    • She's moire into it than I am and will be actively finding games she wants me to buy. 1 vote

(289 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    BeatPin.jpg
    image.jpg
    3IMG_9139_1280x960.JPG
    IMG_7596.JPG

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

Was just wondering what the norm is regarding peoples partners and how much into pinball they are... It came to me that I'm planning on tryting to get hold of a rare game, and how exciting it is... but at home there's no-one to share the excitement with... my partner hardly cares at all...

So, vote what fits best for you

#2 6 years ago

Lol, I know the feeling. Pinball is alot more fun when you can share it with someone. Always hoping one day she will develop an interest in it

#3 6 years ago

My husband and I love pinball as equal fanatics.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rabscuttle:

My husband and I love pinball as equal fanatics.

I'm jealous!

#5 6 years ago

It teeters between choice number 2 and choice number 3.

She has no interest. Says pinball is just "flailing away with the flippers trying to keep the ball alive" Sigh....

#6 6 years ago

My wife thinks they are cool, and will always try out a new game, but is not a regular down in the game room

#7 6 years ago

My girlfriend plays regularly. She currently has a vendetta for the high score on Blackout. But she is really getting into AC/DC too.

#8 6 years ago

My old lady could pretty much give a funk less......about anything i do. Just so happens that Pinball is the current flavor. Of course pinball keeps me at home and off the streets. She likes that. Caught her playing my who dunnit the other day though.

#9 6 years ago

at least your question is 'politically correct' for today's society... Partner

#10 6 years ago

She likes the themes and some of the games. Occasionally she plays. She goes to the PHOF with me, but only plays a little while and then kind of hangs out. The big plus is that she is very supportive of me. She knows how much I enjoy it and tolerates my collecting. My kids really enjoy it and she likes to see me spending time with them while doing something I enjoy. Also, my wife is the bigger spender in our family, so spending isn't something she worries about. I'm the conservative "take it easy on the checkbook" person in our family. I've got it pretty good in the pinball dept.

#11 6 years ago

When it comes to pinball = BBT

Bitches be tripp'n

My wife dislikes the space/money the machines consume.

#12 6 years ago

My wife couldn't possibly care less about it.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fatsquatch:

My wife couldn't possibly care less about it.

Not caring is a lot better than caring in the negative sense... i.e. caring that they're got rid of

Quoted from teekee:

at least your question is 'politically correct' for today's society...

Working for an American company for the last 30 years has had me force-fed with this stuff

#14 6 years ago

Your question may be politically correct, but your poll just tried to give my husband a sex change.

#15 6 years ago

I am beyond fortunate, she not only pushed for two of the titles in our collection but drove 14/16 hours strait round trip to pick up my/our monster bash. I was unable to make the trip and thought I was going to miss yet another mb to restore and she grabbed my 4runner and went to pick it up. She even helps carry them, set them up, and tinker on them. ALso when looking for a mm, she found one for sale and enjoyed the adventure with me to go get it 24/25 hours strait through. Both games are now restored and awesome.

// Error: Image 76723 not found //

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Your question may be politically correct, but your poll just tried to give my husband a sex change.

No problem... it should be covered under Obama Care!

#17 6 years ago

My wife will cut her nose off to spite her face when it comes to pinball. She has actually stopped herself from playing because she realized she was enjoying herself. God forbid! I'm so jealous when I see couples enjoying together.

#18 6 years ago

My girlfriend doesn't pursue it on her own but she'll go to pinball events with me and this sunday she's helping me run a tournament.

Which in turn is why I'm going to a fashion show tonight. hahahaha.

#19 6 years ago

My wife is really cool about the whole thing. She actually is to blame for getting our whole pinball addiction started. One day she said "it would be cool to have a pinball machine in the house". Well fellas, you know you can't pass up an opportunity like that! Here we are 6 machines later and she's still interested in getting more. She actually plays quite a bit more than I do, and I fix them. We're working together on a restoration project right now.

#20 6 years ago

We have pinball anal beads.

#21 6 years ago

My husband got the first one, I got the next five.

#22 6 years ago

My wife is getting more and more into it. She calls ACDC "hers" and plays Tron just as much. She is starting to post better scores than me.

#23 6 years ago

This is a great poll !

Thanks so much for posting it.

#24 6 years ago

She plays with me often....but really isn't beating me score-wise.

(Needs to practice more). =)

My wife is incredibly supportive. Loves helping me throw parties, and loves hanging out at the shows where she has met a lot of great people. She's made a lot of great new friends...

Those that have seen my basement know just how awesome Julie is.

- She stripped a ton of playfields for our ceiling project.
    - She loves Tron so much that she got a kickass outfit to go with it.
    - She let me add on to the house, just so I could triple the size of our basement gameroom.
    - She let me saw a hole in our floor and put in an elevator.
    - She built a headboard for a bed out of stripped playfields...has LED'd games because she thought they would look cooler...shopped a game out because she wanted to help out....etc.
    - She's not even imaginary.

Not sure how else to say it...but I can't express how thankful I am that she has such awful, awful taste in men.

Pete

IMG_7596.JPG 3IMG_9139_1280x960.JPG

#25 6 years ago

My wife thought I was ridiculous when I bought our first one, but now she is attending pinball parties and is anxious for a second one.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Well I did try and tackle that conundrum in the poll title description... a bit...

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

She plays with me often....but really isn't beating me score-wise.

(Needs to practice more). =)

My wife is incredibly supportive. Loves helping me throw parties, and loves hanging out at the shows where she has met a lot of great people. She's made a lot of great new friends...

Those that have seen my basement know just how awesome Julie is.

- She stripped a ton of playfields for our ceiling project.
    - She loves Tron so much that she got a kickass outfit to go with it.
    - She let me add on to the house, just so I could triple the size of our basement gameroom.
    - She let me saw a hole in our floor and put in an elevator.
    - She built a headboard for a bed out of stripped playfields...has LED'd games because she thought they would look cooler...shopped a game out because she wanted to help out....etc.
    - She's not even imaginary.

Not sure how else to say it...but I can't express how thankful I am that she has such awful, awful taste in men.

Ahhh yes, I've heard about you... you're that lucky one!

Now where's the pic of that bed headboard??

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

Well I did try and tackle that conundrum in the poll title description... a bit...

Replacing "She" with "My partner" probably would have been easier for each question.

That way, the phrasing changes to "My partner enjoys .....", and nobody has to have a sex change.

Pete

#29 6 years ago

I sold the one game my girl ever played. Big mistake! Anyone got a Gottlieb SMB hangin' around?

#30 6 years ago

For now I am the only one who voted for choice 1.
    Sad but true...

#31 6 years ago

My wife really enjoys the social aspect of the hobby. She likes having people over and going to big pinball parties and making friends. She doesn't play too much at home, but likes playing split-flipper. Sometimes she will play several games by herself on MB or SS, but she's pretty particular. She's also the voice of reason when it comes to adding new games, which helps me set my priorities.

#32 6 years ago

Can I vote that not only does my wife hate it, but now I have my friend's wives hating it when they come to play.

#33 6 years ago

My husband loves it as much as I do. He started us in the hobby & jumped right in with him.
    We work as a team. We are both excited about the Allentown Show, I even closed my business for the day so I can attend. I get fustrated when he goes to pick up a new pin for our collection because I am usually working & can't go with him. It really makes me laugh that I am on the forum and learning all this great information from all the members, but I never get to meet anybody. Well hopefully I will meet some of you guys/girls at the show!!!

#34 6 years ago

My wife bought two of the pins in our collection herself: TFTC and BSD.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from castlesteve:

Can I vote that not only does my wife hate it, but now I have my friend's wives hating it when they come to play.

I think you should vote number 1 just to keep jlm33 company!

Sorry to hear it jlm... I feel for you!

There is a worse case which I dare not mention: 'my partner' hates it to the point where I have had to give up owning any pinballs at all...

#36 6 years ago

My girlfriend is helping me do the restore/shop on my DW. Once that is done she has a JP we are watching for a friend to fix, and has made it known I WILL NOT be helping.

Love her!

#37 6 years ago

Now where's the pic of that bed headboard??

It's here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getting-crafty-in-the-bedroom

Ahhh yes, I've heard about you... you're that lucky one!

No argument here. =)

#38 6 years ago

My wife has the GC high scores on all of our pins.

#39 6 years ago

Cool!

Quoted from kmoore88:

My wife has the GC high scores on all of our pins.

I'd be over the moon if my wife got a GC score...!!

#40 6 years ago

I'd be over the moon if my wife got a GC score...!!

Just reset the high scores to "0", and avoid playing her favorite pin for a month.

=)

#41 6 years ago

My wife and I play pinball together all the time. She beats me almost half the time. She has input on what games we choose and was enthusiastic about our decision to order WOZ ECLE. She's not as obsessed as I am, but she is a big pinball fan. We'll be going to the Texas Pinball Festival together next month. I consider myself a lucky guy - we've been married for 39 years.

#42 6 years ago

No machines at home. My wife tolerates me going to weekly Wednesday night tournament and pretty much every other Saturday she knows I'll be somewhere playing in a tourney, she would rather not accompany me though.

#43 6 years ago

LEDs actually have my wife interested. She doesn't like the pins with regular bulbs, she says they look dark and dated. I can agree with her there. LOTR is the only pin we have never LED'd right away, jsut some GI to brighten it up with spots. As long as there are LEDs, a flipper rebuilt, some spots and the game plays fast she will play it. If it is slow and not much to do she just won't get into it.

She spent 4 hours the other day helping me tear down and shop Adams because she adds all the LEDs to my pins since I'd probably make it all white or clown puke lol

#44 6 years ago

That is how I met my wife about 3 yrs ago.
    I bought a EATPM on ebay from her. (She is an Elvira fan)
    We got married about 8 months later.
    She likes pinball, and would like me to buy a few more modern pins like
    Monster Bash, Scared Stiff and Addams Family and FunHouse;
    but I need to get rid of some of the ones i have already (300+)
    to make room for the new ones.
    My wife does not have a problem with me owning 300+ pins,
    she just does not like the significant storage costs.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

some of the ones i have already (300+)

#46 6 years ago

Just the other day I was working on a game and my wife was on the internet looking for the best deal on parts. Even said we should wait till this weekend to install everything so she could do some of it too! Getting our game ready for the Louisville show in a couple of weeks...

And speaking of shows... I was happy just attending the show here in Louisville each year but at her insistance, we are now going to the Ohio show next week and Pinburgh next month (tournament filled up but we're going anyway)... And we're planning on Expo in October too... So yes, my wife is supportive of my hobby and participates and is a pretty good player to boot!

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Just reset the high scores to "0", and avoid playing her favorite pin for a month.
    =)

W?D still? That became my GFs favorite game looks like. I just had to replace batteries and she cracked the GC score and was very proud of it. She made me play with her and I did my best not to get near it.
    Then crushed it by 5-6 bill Competitive>Romantic

#48 6 years ago

My wife ponied up the $ for the first pin way back when.But holy crap pmWolf an ELEVATOR.That's awesome

#49 6 years ago

My girlfriend and I have good times playing and go back an forth on high scores on several machines. They are great for parties! With that said, I did say girlfriend and as such she could be replaced if needed! Oh wait, can she see this?

#50 6 years ago

my lady sends me mixed signals which sucks. hope she helps me change out the rubbers on the DR DUDE this weekend would be nice. she always calls it our first pin, but she hates how she cannot keep her name in the top 4

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,500.00
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    $ 84.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 16.95
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 14.00
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 10.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Lee's Parts
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 1,000.00
    There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside