You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20151121_184722836.jpg
IMG_20151121_184752225.jpg
savages.jpg
#1 8 years ago

IMG_20151121_184722836.jpgIMG_20151121_184722836.jpgJust stopped by my local Cinemark as they have two decent working Stern pins there and was pleasantly surprised to see a brand spanking new GOT pro! After putting my dollar in the machine I realize that IT HAS NO PLUNGER?! How did this happen to a brand new machine? I hope it was a result of a shipping accident and not vandalism. If it was vandalism then why not the other machines that have been there a year? If it was intentional, then how did they do it?! SMH

#2 8 years ago

IMG_20151121_184752225.jpgIMG_20151121_184752225.jpgsavages.jpgsavages.jpg

#4 8 years ago

Wow that's insane! I'm guessing it was off the whole time the OP was setting up and he/she didn't even notice.

#5 8 years ago

Perhaps you should have moved the out of order sign over from the X-Men.

#6 8 years ago

Stick you're hand in there and get you're dollar back!

#7 8 years ago

Get a pool cue. I'm not letting some dumb op keep me from the new hotness.

#8 8 years ago

Maybe they forgot to install the plugner in the Stern factory...
QC @ Stern is crap

#9 8 years ago

I'm the tech there. The game can be played without the plunger. It arrived busted to shit, no coin door key. I did what I could to get it playable. Press the button in the center of the lockdown bar and the ball shoots. I've got a new plunger on the way and will install ASAP.

Fwiw, they amount of vandalism in this arcade in unreal. I'll list out a few of the recent issues when I have more time. Gotta run to work right now.

Chris Kruger

#10 8 years ago

Hey bring the new code with ya when you fix the plunger. Those stick figures are laughable!

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

Fwiw, they amount of vandalism in this arcade in unreal.

I figured that seeing the lock bars on two of the coin doors.

LTG : (

#12 8 years ago

If you nudge the pins a little you'll get a fire started between the sides of the backboxes.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

I'm the tech there. The game can be played without the plunger. It arrived busted to shit, no coin door key. I did what I could to get it playable. Press the button in the center of the lockdown bar and the ball shoots. I've got a new plunger on the way and will install ASAP.
Fwiw, they amount of vandalism in this arcade in unreal. I'll list out a few of the recent issues when I have more time. Gotta run to work right now.
Chris Kruger

I hope some kid does not stick something through there and get shocked for your sake and the kid's sake.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

If you nudge the pins a little you'll get a fire started between the sides of the backboxes.

Keeping them that close helps to keep the cabinet decals from falling off.

#15 8 years ago

Game is fixed now, I wasn't aware there was new code already so it hasn't been updated. Some of the vandalism here has been the guitars and shotguns being used as baseball bats and being smashed to pieces, on the basketball games I've replaced the cpo on each one at least a few times as we have a picker that comes in frequently. I've had a guitar stolen off guitar hero. Pacman coin door broke into in plain sight and the best most recent was we had either an employee stealing quarters out of the token machine or a talented "stringer". I thought stringers were a thing of the past but we would come up $30 short every few days until I put in electronic anti stringing quarter mechs. The basketball games come up missing balls every few weeks. Pucks and paddles are a regular replacement parts on the air hockey. I had a coin shoot busted completely out of a game, usually a kick in the door doesn't do that much, it was gone. Got a Dream Warriors that almost came up missing an alien gun. Albeit that game is a huge POS!!! I really hate working on that SOB. We had a h2hydro come up missing the throttle handle, probably quit working and a pissed off patron made sure it got fixed.

That has been in the past 10 months or so. As long as I keep the guitars and guns works I see less damage. Let a gun get off on calibration and its smashed pretty quickly. Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!

At this time we are keeping 3 pinz but not sure I can keep up with everything, as long as I can keep them playing and clean we will keep all three.

Chris Kruger

#16 8 years ago

Which Cinemark is this at? I will have to check it out!

#17 8 years ago

San Antonio off 410 at the summit.

#18 8 years ago

Wow what a bunch of punks doing all that damage! I would have a hard time tolerating that!

Rob

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

Game is fixed now, I wasn't aware there was new code already so it hasn't been updated. Some of the vandalism here has been the guitars and shotguns being used as baseball bats and being smashed to pieces, on the basketball games I've replaced the cpo on each one at least a few times as we have a picker that comes in frequently. I've had a guitar stolen off guitar hero. Pacman coin door broke into in plain sight and the best most recent was we had either an employee stealing quarters out of the token machine or a talented "stringer". I thought stringers were a thing of the past but we would come up $30 short every few days until I put in electronic anti stringing quarter mechs. The basketball games come up missing balls every few weeks. Pucks and paddles are a regular replacement parts on the air hockey. I had a coin shoot busted completely out of a game, usually a kick in the door doesn't do that much, it was gone. Got a Dream Warriors that almost came up missing an alien gun. Albeit that game is a huge POS!!! I really hate working on that SOB. We had a h2hydro come up missing the throttle handle, probably quit working and a pissed off patron made sure it got fixed.
That has been in the past 10 months or so. As long as I keep the guitars and guns works I see less damage. Let a gun get off on calibration and its smashed pretty quickly. Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!
At this time we are keeping 3 pinz but not sure I can keep up with everything, as long as I can keep them playing and clean we will keep all three.
Chris Kruger

God bless you sir! I hope you're just getting paid for maintenance and you're not the op/owner of these machines. Just out of curiosity did the machines already have upgrades (LEDs, shaker motors, and upgraded rubbers) or did you add them?

#20 8 years ago

No not my games. My boss is a great guy who is ALWAYS there to buy me all the right parts to fix the games. Even with the repair costs I think this arcade is one of the top earning arcades in the company. Top earning I say, profitable... I'm not real sure. I don't think it has to stand on its own. Not any of my concern. I just fix what gets broke.

The pinz... My boss did the led's and shaker motors. I personally don't like led's but on route the are a better idea, last a lot longer.

Great job, great boss, great pay, wish I made enough to make it my full time job.

Chris Kruger

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-in-the-world and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.