(Topic ID: 161077)

How important are replays to you?

By Law

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4c15e8170fc20d53a17c25229208dc9aa0e98eb2_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

Curious what others say.

To me, the replay is the #1 thing I check when stepping up to a location game and what I am shooting for.

That said, as an operator it does not work really well for us (but I feel it is necessary and factored in to the cost of operating). Our locations are largely novice players/ casual folks just having some fun with pinball. This means that the handful of hardcore pinheads can come in every so often and rack up a bunch of free games since the replay auto adjusts over time. All is good but I will admit I wish they would burn off free credits before they leave. It is tough enough to maintain pins on location that it stings a lilttle when you walk in and see every single game has 2-4 credits left on it. I have tought about changing to a fixed replay that does not auto % down but I really like the idea of auto% when someone is sessioning on a game.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Stern's replay squeak is a pitiful disgrace, by the way.

we call it the "queef"

since it is not really a knock sound...

onomonopia and all.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

I think of it as "paying it forward".

I used to think like that.

I now think of it as leaving behind money that the OP will not get and more play = more maintainence = less chance of them bringing in more new games or keeping pinball alive on route.

When I am at locations playing and earn free credits I burn them all up before I leave. After having games on route for a few years now and seeing first hand how little coin comes in and how much effort it takes, I would prefer to support the OP that maintains good machines rather than pay it forward for someone else to get free games. If I see kids or someone else that I may be able to show them what pinball is about then I give them the credits but I never just leave randomw credits on for the next pinballers to come in and play for free all day.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-important-are-replays-to-you?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.