Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by TZBen
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I have several HUO games that look flawless some with and some without the goodie bag stapled to the side. Does it really matter to you when you are buying a game whether the goodie bag is stapled to the side? How much would you say it affects the price if it is missing but everything else is in like new condition? For me as long as the game looks and plays like new this isn't that big of a deal.

#2 12 years ago

I don't care, but there are some anal people out there. My games are to play, not to stare at And collect dust

#3 12 years ago

The goodie bag has never been a huge deal to me...but then I have never gotten one. I would think it is much more important to the "collectors". I totally agree that as long as the game looks and plays great..the bags not a biggie.

#4 12 years ago

WTF is a goodie bag?

#5 12 years ago

When I purchased my MB, it had the key chain plastic inside. Was kinda neat to find.

I purchased my TAF and TZ from the same OP, about 4 months apart (TAF first, TZ second). When I opened up TZ, inside the manila folder containing the manual, were the replacement sling plastics for Addams! Score!

#6 12 years ago

My HUO RFM had the goodie bad stapled inside when I bought it. At the time, I wasn't aware that it could actually add value to the game. Consequently, I promptly removed it as soon as I got the pin home. D'oh!

#7 12 years ago

Yeah, for me, I don't care if the GB is in the machine or not, but do like having all that comes with it. Now, I rarely get that stuff, so always have to hunt it down. A small part of me likes the chase though. Given how often I see and hear of them missing, I'm not sure it really effects value much. I think there are plenty of folks out there who would pay the same price regardless.

FlipperMagician: a goodie bag is a plastic bag generally stapled inside the machine containing the manual and other "goodies" such as replacement sling plastics, key chains, perhaps extra flipper rubber, promo stickers, etc... Contents varied greatly from one game to the next if I'm right.

#8 12 years ago

The goodie value offers no value IMO, but to some people it does. Personally, I'd rather have the manual than the goodie bag.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperMagician:

WTF is a goodie bag?

I thought it was a bag filled with beautiful green flowers but I am starting to think I am wrong about that.....

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

FlipperMagician: a goodie bag is a plastic bag generally stapled inside the machine containing the manual and other "goodies" such as replacement sling plastics, key chains, perhaps extra flipper rubber, promo stickers, etc

Thanks, that's kinda what I pictured. Not something that would be important to me at all, the manual will do just fine.

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I thought it was a bag filled with beautiful green flowers

Guess not!

#11 12 years ago

Goodie bag is useful, but doesnt really add value. I like having the keychains for keys and extra slings are nice, but not a deal breaker.

#12 12 years ago

Though I do like using the plastic extras to separate keys, I have to say they aren't too important.

#13 12 years ago

No biggie.

It's the cherry on the sundae.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I thought it was a bag filled with beautiful green flowers but I am starting to think I am wrong about that.....

#15 12 years ago

From everyone I've spoken with, they seem most sought after on older DMD games because the keyfob is sometimes quite rare. I think GnR is one of the hard to find keyfobs.

Stern keyfobs are very common so they aren't worth much, however, there are people who collect them. Stern sent me a large bag of keyfobs for pin a go go last year and when I announced it while promoting the tournament a few people emailed me privately asking if I would give or sell them a particular one.

I won a small bag of williams fobs at a tournament last year. If you need a particular one and I have it, I will "sell" you one in exchange for a $5 donation to Pacific Pinball Museum, Playland not at the Beach or Pinside (your choice). US Postage paid, or $6 donation for international.

Offhand I have fun house and Cirqus Voltaire. Would have to look at them to see what else I got.

Email me at jonnynacho AT gmail. Next three days are crazy so I may not return emails until Sunday.

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinballpete:

Does it really matter to you when you are buying a game whether the goodie bag is stapled to the side?

absolutely not to me

Quoted from pinballpete:

How much would you say it affects the price if it is missing but everything else is in like new condition

none to me

Quoted from pinballpete:

For me as long as the game looks and plays like new this isn't that big of a deal.

same here.

#17 12 years ago

hmm, i think that for a NIB stern, they should send you a goodie bag for every machine. you're droppin 4000 +. what's a few freebies? i mylared my tron key chain, it is on the chain with all my 6 pins keys .

#18 12 years ago

I'm pretty sure all NIB Sterns come with a goodie bag, or at least the keyfobs.

#19 12 years ago

Not important but it sure is nice when the game comes with its key fob.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

'm pretty sure all NIB Sterns come with a goodie bag, or at least the keyfobs.

You bet. My Tron:LE came with a key fob, a number of plastics, replacement stickers for the Tron drop targets and some other misc parts. Pretty cool!

#21 12 years ago

My spiderman came with the bag still attached (i bought it used) I think it helps sell the huo angle on resale if that ever arises.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-important-are-goodie-bags and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.