Pinball_News_JJP_Factory_2012-10_34.jpg
shit-storm.gif
129168825521120850.gif
popcorn_eat_good.gif
image.jpg
3svgjg.jpg
thank-you-captain-obvious-lg.jpg
JJP.JPG

There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

They probably decided to pull it down until the game played without blowing fuses and resetting. Why celebrate "how he did it" when it isn't "done" yet?

What makes you say this again? Mines never done that?

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Hey MrDo I'm going to start calling you MrDON'T
Really please DON'T

Just keep your head in the sand. I really DON'T care.

Not everyone will have the 'luxury' of having JJP employees make house calls.

DON'T get me wrong, I'm glad games are finally shipping... (I really am!) I just wish people were better informed by current owners that are experiencing issues. Not sure why the denial.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

What makes you say this again? Mines never done that?

I'm glad yours hasn't had this problem. I know how excited you were to get your game and issues like that ruin the experience.

I'll talk with you privately about specifics, if you truly want to know, but I won't "out" the people with these issues on the forums... They are obviously chosing to remain silent.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

I'm glad yours hasn't had this problem. I know how excited you were to get your game and issues like that ruin the experience.
I'll talk with you privately about specifics, if you truly want to know, but I won't "out" the people with these issues on the forums... They are obviously chosing to remain silent.

I've put about 250 games on mine, and never had this issue.

#55 10 years ago

Great video. I'm on the east coast for work and got to stop by JJP yesterday. Jack took the time to give me a tour and walk me through the manufacturing process, explaining the steps as we went along.

After hearing details that went into every decision from boards to the topper shipping box, I'm surprised it didn't take longer to get the pins rolling out. No stone was left unturned. With many of those decisions already determined, I have full confidence that the Hobbit will have a much shorter production time frame.

Jack is producing an evolutionary pin that is very fun to play and is high quality. It will have more staying power in my collection than anything else I own.

For those wondering about LE vs regular WOZ production, the overwhelming majority are LEs. I've heard 8, but it looked higher than that. All the ones in the picture with blue tape protecting the side rails are LEs.

JJP.JPGJJP.JPG

#56 10 years ago

Saved the file if anyone wants it.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I've put about 250 games on mine, and never had this issue.

I checked all the tickets in the support site. No reports of a blowing fuse(s)?

No ticket, not happening. That's why we have proper tracking.

#58 10 years ago

I'm a 2nd week order, and I just want my game. 4 missed delivery shipping estimates are getting old.

Still looking forward to the 'call' too, and getting my game, but man, almost July now.

#59 10 years ago

Enjoyed the video, Played Billp's WOZ. I realize you have all been waiting a long time ,but its worth it. Great Pin!

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

They probably decided to pull it down until the game played without blowing fuses and resetting. Why celebrate "how he did it" when it isn't "done" yet?

What's interesting to me is that everyone on here knows a pinball machine is a complex device. Building one largely from scratch while introducing several new technologies to the genre involves development risk pure and simple. If they don't address the issues and strand their customers then I'll be as annoyed as you presumably are. If they succeed in ironing them out, they'll have raised the bar and done it in a way that can be carried forward to future games. If you think I'm full of it, crack the hood on one and look at what they've done. With the exception of one questionable design choice, on the whole it's an impressive piece of work. To be clear, I'm no Jack fanboy but even I'm rooting for JJP to succeed. I don't understand how anyone who is into pinball wouldn't.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

You know if you guys just didn't respond to these little snipe attempts then this thread wouldn't get derailed like all the others. For every negative comment there are several comebacks. Just don't acknowledge the negative comment and they go away.
Pappy

Very true. I've even noticed on some WOZ threads where there haven't been any negative comments, some posters actually goad the trolls to post. Stuff like "I'm sure the WOZ naysayers will be along soon to dampen our enthusiasm" or "See how even the trolls can't say anything bad about this news!". It's like they want to start a fight.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Are you the treasurer or secretary of the WOZ Haters and Propaganda Club?

You are the only one that has started these issues that I have seen.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

What's interesting to me is that everyone on here knows a pinball machine is a complex device. Building one largely from scratch while introducing several new technologies to the genre involves development risk pure and simple. If they don't address the issues and strand their customers then I'll be as annoyed as you presumably are. If they succeed in ironing them out, they'll have raised the bar and done it in a way that can be carried forward to future games. If you think I'm full of it, crack the hood on one and look at what they've done. With the exception of one questionable design choice, on the whole it's an impressive piece of work. To be clear, I'm no Jack fanboy but even I'm rooting for JJP to succeed. I don't understand how anyone who is into pinball wouldn't.

What do you consider the questionable design choice?

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

This is exactly how I feel. I want JJP to succeed. It's best for everyone if they do. I'm not annoyed "at Jack" like others try to spin it. I'm QUESTIONING why WOZ owners are denying that there are any issues on the game..? Its brand new... some would stay its still in development... issues are to be expected. Why pretend they don't exist?

I gave up my spot, and I'm ok with that. I passed on a few WOZLE trades, but kept in touch with the guys that own them. (One WOZ trade for my AFM as recently as this past weekend.) If I relied on the info here and didn't know what I do, from the owners themselves, I might have taken the WOZ and been blindsided by the technical issues. A very close friend of mine is getting one and he's not technically inclined... What's going to happen when he gets his and JJP can't come to his house to fix it?

That's not fair to do to someone. That's my issue. I DO hope JJP succeeds, I DO want WOZ to someday be great, I DO want pinball to flourish again.

-M

#65 10 years ago

ok mr do, i'll bite...

when I got my game, the fuse for the lights in the topper, start button, witch and wizard face blew the fuse, just outta the box. i called jack, who put me on the phone w ken. he proceeded to walk me through (over the phone). i disconnected everything in that row, and reconnected everything one by one until we isolated the problem to the wizard head shorting. i left it disconnected and everything worked as it should. the next day i received a brand new wizard head ready to install.

no denial. just not worth mentioning because shit happens, and was solved in less than 24hours.

what IS worth mentioning is the level of service this company is offering, and how fun the game is as it is.

if you'd like, i can also tell you about the 4 things I had to repair on my bly/wms machines yesterday! however, I didn't want to bother ken with questions about those. i thought about calling 1-800-kickers, but realized that may no longer be in service

-jon

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Just keep your head in the sand. I really DON'T care.
Not everyone will have the 'luxury' of having JJP employees make house calls.
DON'T get me wrong, I'm glad games are finally shipping... (I really am!) I just wish people were better informed by current owners that are experiencing issues. Not sure why the denial.

Why bash? I am having a issues with a NIB Stern that has been down for over a month. While they guess at the problem. So what, Stern will get it fixed, I am sure of that. So why the hate? Oh, I
forgot you have build a pinball company from the ground up, so you have a better handle on how it all works? I only took that jab just so you see how it feels. It's not nice, its not necessary and totally unwarranted. Sorry for the jab! I really am I just want to make a point!

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I checked all the tickets in the support site. No reports of a blowing fuse(s)?

No ticket, not happening. That's why we have proper tracking.

Quoted from bigehrl:

when I got my game, the fuse for the lights in the topper, start button, witch and wizard face blew the fuse, just outta the box

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

ok mr do, i'll bite...
when I got my game, the fuse for the lights in the topper, start button, witch and wizard face blew the fuse, just outta the box. i called jack, who put me on the phone w ken. he proceeded to walk me through (over the phone). i disconnected everything in that row, and reconnected everything one by one until we isolated the problem to the wizard head shorting. i left it disconnected and everything worked as it should. the next day i received a brand new wizard head ready to install.
no denial. just not worth mentioning because shit happens, and was solved in less than 24hours.
what IS worth mentioning is the level of service this company is offering, and how fun the game is as it is.
if you'd like, i can also tell you about the 4 things I had to repair on my bly/wms machines yesterday! however, I didn't want to bother ken with questions about those. i thought about calling 1-800-kickers, but realized that may no longer be in service
-jon

But what if you had major hearing loss? THEN you would probably have to wait much longer for service. THAT my friend, is a travesty. Why does Jack hate def people? I don't know, I can't answer that question. I can only hope and pray for the poor def children who will be unable to play pinball due to Jersey Jack's careless and evil ways.

#69 10 years ago

The Pres is here.

Wow 24 hr turn around. I'm still trying to get a switch for ACDC that never worked right.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Wow 24 hr turn around. I'm still trying to get a switch for ACDC that never worked right.

Not the point.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

ok mr do, i'll bite...
what IS worth mentioning is the level of service this company is offering, and how fun the game is as it is...

Thank you for your honestly. Maybe others will follow. Maybe not.

It's great to see the level of support by JJP, that speaks volumes to what they are trying to accomplish with their game (and company). I've even made mention to the "house calls" that they are providing people, which is wonderful! ...People are so worried about not telling the issues with their machines that they are missing the chance to rave about the level of customer service. Through adversity comes opportunity!

See? No "bashing".

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Are you the treasurer or secretary of the WOZ Haters and Propaganda Club?
You are the only one that has started these issues that I have seen.

Do the Haters and the Propoganda clubs meet in the same building? Seems like they would meet accross town, you know... since they are opposites! Glad to know I'm in BOTH! LOL

I haven't STARTED any issues. I KNOW of issues. Huge difference. Alex says there are no issues "according to the logs" and then an owner speaks of encountering this very same problem... why the denial?

EVERY product has a failure rate. Normally it's even built in to the company's bottom line. It doesn't make JJP a bad company. If anything, the public denials hurt credibility as the stories trickle out. It just seems pointless.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

EVERY product has a failure rate. Normally it's even built in to the company's bottom line. It doesn't make JJP a bad company. If anything, the public denials hurt credibility as the stories trickle out. It just seems pointless.

maybe you just enjoy playing detective and getting to the bottom of the big conspiracy, which is fine. but the reality is... who cares?

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Do the Haters and the Propoganda clubs meet in the same building? Seems like they would meet accross town, you know... since they are opposites! Glad to know I'm in BOTH! LOL
I haven't STARTED any issues. I KNOW of issues. Huge difference. Alex says there are no issues "according to the logs" and then an owner speaks of encountering this very same problem... why the denial?

It's obvious that the owner didn't create a ticket, rather a phone call was made. Could you not infer that? Alex hasn't heard of that issue and he wasn't "covering up" anything. Now to say that it doesn't exist because there is no ticket is foolish though...I'll give you that.

Basically, that fuse issue was so minor and isolated that it isn't worth mentioning.

#75 10 years ago

MrDo,
I don't think there is as many issues as you think there is. The reality is, this thing is built plenty strong. Maybe the issues (if any) are so minor that people don't feel the need to post. It looks like you are fishing, hoping for lots of posts. Sorry, but the perception is you are looking for something negative. The reality is, they had a lot of these out in the wild to look for issues before production.
Do I think my WOZ will never break? No, I'd be crazy to think that, because its pinball, and there is a heavy steel ball being flung around. Do I think the WOZ will stand up well...yup.
Do I think JJP will support well? Read a couple of posts above. Action speaks louder than words. The answer is Yup.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Now thats funny!

#77 10 years ago

Where is the guy who was combing the JJP parking lot everyday reporting on the number of cars present? I thought that was pretty funny.

This video was cool.

#78 10 years ago

EVERY product has a failure rate. Normally it's even built in to the company's bottom line.

thank-you-captain-obvious-lg.jpgthank-you-captain-obvious-lg.jpg

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Not the point.

So what's the point?

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

So there is issues. Did they get fixed or were the people left with broken games and Jack said sorry, I don't think so. Want me to list every time I had an issue with a NIB game? So what, it happens.

#81 10 years ago

Ok guys, you're right. I've only spoken to a handful of owners/operators with issues such as GI lighting blowing out, random reboots, PC bogging down... probably not a big deal. I'm sure Alex will say they are all developer machines ...or not configured properly ...or not having problems at all.

I'm done trying to brig information to you guys when the owners (at least one in this very thread) have had JJP employees in their home MULTIPLE times trying to fix their WOZ machine, but then get on Pinside and say "no issues here".

If you guys would rather pretend nothing is wrong, so be it.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Ok guys, you're right. I've only spoken to a handful of owners/operators with issues such as GI lighting blowing out, random reboots, PC bogging down... probably not a big deal. I'm sure Alex will say they are all developer machines ...or not configured properly ...or not having problems at all.
I'm done trying to brig information to you guys when the owners (at least one in this very thread) have had JJP employees in their home MULTIPLE times trying to fix their WOZ machine, but then get on Pinside and say "no issues here".

If the game was bogging down it absolutely is a developer machine. Prod games don't/can't bog. Stop trying to start trouble where there isn't any. You look trite.

#84 10 years ago

3svgjg.jpg3svgjg.jpg

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

You keep saying the WOZ owners should come forth and tell everybody that their machines are breaking left and right, but they aren't coming out of the woodwork and you've failed to produce anybody with first-hand knowledge who will back your assertions. Where are these owners/operators you know who are having so many issues? Why should we believe your hearsay?

The only person to speak on it from first hand knowledge in this thread says its a non-issue that was fixed within 24 hours. He's not really supporting your statements. So, if things keep going along these lines, when we hear from the people you've supposedly talked to, they'll say "yeah, a fuse blew and it was fixed in 24 hours".

I guess what I'm saying is, since you don't have any first hand knowledge on any of this your information isn't nearly as valuable as the people who own games who have spoken up in this thread. Bring in actual owners and ops who will support your statements and then maybe you have something. Otherwise you come off as trolling.

#86 10 years ago

Tom,

I'm going to send you a membership application for the blindfolded army.

Make sure to sign in triplicate

#87 10 years ago

Tom,
I'm going to send you a membership application for the blindfolded army.
Make sure to sign in triplicate

image.jpgimage.jpg

#88 10 years ago

doesnt every machine have issues?
Do we have to check in here each time we do? I didnt get that memo so not sure if its proper protocol or not.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

maybe you just enjoy playing detective and getting to the bottom of the big conspiracy, which is fine. but the reality is... who cares?

I said there is no open ticket for blown fuses. It looks like bigerl spoke directly to jack and got a fuse. Didn't open a ticket. Regardless the problem was solved in less than 24 hrs. So again MrDo and McCune's points are moot (never were valid anyway)

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Where is the guy who was combing the JJP parking lot everyday reporting on the number of cars present? I thought that was pretty funny.
This video was cool.

Lol I was there the other day. Parking lot had about 10 cars? Factory about 50 people. Hell of a carpool we got here in jersey.

Ask Lloyd, he was there with me.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

doesnt every machine have issues?
Do we have to check in here each time we do? I didnt get that memo so not sure if its proper protocol or not.

Exactly.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

This is exactly how I feel. I want JJP to succeed. It's best for everyone if they do. I'm not annoyed "at Jack" like others try to spin it. I'm QUESTIONING why WOZ owners are denying that there are any issues on the game..? Its brand new... some would stay its still in development... issues are to be expected. Why pretend they don't exist?

I just want to preface what I'm about to say with the simple fact that I don't speak for anyone, own a WOZ or have any financial interest in JJP whatsoever. I'm simply playing conspiracy theorist with you.

Lets assume you're right and the WOZ's that have been delivered have issues and people are downplaying it. Why would they? Well, if you have 8K sunk into a new machine that is essentially a derivative work (IE: a vanilla STERN), you're pretty certain it will all work out so you can be as critical and vocal as you want. With JJP, you're talking a completely new design from a new firm that derives all it's revenue from prospective customers and Jack. (per the "How I Did It" video) If you create the impression that WOZ is crap or fundamentally flawed, Jack's income stream dries up. The risk of him of him going out of business and you being stuck with a half-working pin goes up. So it's prisoner's dilemma. Those in the situation have no incentive to blast Jack because they need JJP to succeed. I'm not saying this is the case but if there is a widespread WOZ-loving conspiracy, this is the only explanation I can think of that makes sense.. Well, that or they just haven't shipped very many. Dunno.

Again, this is pure speculation on my part. No intent to impugn anyone's integrity.. Just looking at the incentives.

#93 10 years ago

Is there a single WOZ thread where Alex doesn't bicker?

Maybe there is a reason Stern doesn't do this employee argument shit in every thread?

Anyway as of now JJP videos outnumber JJP machines 10 to 1 & it seems nearly all of the videos are about "whats going to happen someday" painted in a light as if it already happened. This is a great video no doubt but its full of what we saw almost 2 years ago.

I look FW to the day that changes & wish the best for JJP.

#94 10 years ago

mr. do - please don't reference me. thanks.

everybody else - the game gets played to death and is holding up great! that's my final statement on this topic. thanks.

-jon

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Is there a single WOZ thread where Alex doesn't bicker?

NOPE !

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

McCune's points are moot (never were valid anyway)

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I guess what I'm saying is, since you don't have any first hand knowledge on any of this your information isn't nearly as valuable as the people who own games who have spoken up in this thread. Bring in actual owners and ops who will support your statements and then maybe you have something. Otherwise you come off as trolling.

I agree with you. I thought at least a couple of the guys would have said something, by now. Obviously they have their reasons for not speaking up.

I even agree that I look like I'm trolling. Not intended, but that's how it looks now. Lol. I HONESTLY thought that the guys that have complained to me on the phone and in person would come forward with their frustrations. They haven't and now I look like I'm on some kind of solo mission. I actually feel a bit betrayed by the guys that bitch and moan privately, but then refuse to speak up in a public discussion where I'M getting flamed for trying to shed light on THEIR troubles. Thanks a lot.

Again...since you guys always ignore this part... My issue IS NOT with Jack, JJP, or the game! My 'confusion' is about why the owners that have had problems won't admit it.

#98 10 years ago

)

popcorn_eat_good.gifpopcorn_eat_good.gif

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Not to a LIAR !

Keep flailing.

Weren't you also told by a mod to cut this charade?

#100 10 years ago

Can't we all just get along...

129168825521120850.gif129168825521120850.gif

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-he-did-it-woz/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.