(Topic ID: 295858)

How has pinball made you better in other ways?

By dmacy

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by swampfire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8791CB9B-789E-4FB6-8B31-8EB786D0FE8D (resized).jpeg

#1 3 months ago

I have been in the hobby for over 10 years and this has been such a positive place for me. I learned so much from so many on here. Most recently I had a bathroom combo exhaust fan/light/heater fan die.

The “neighbor” (as my pinball friends know her as my fat wife) has killed the bathroom heater. I took it out and found nothing abnormally wrong. After some digging I found the issue. A Microtemp thermal cutoff died as confirmed from a multimeter. A new replacement from Amazon came and was installed. It now is working!

I never would’ve fixed this 10 years ago. A huge thanks to all those on here. I have ha dap much help I can’t remember everyone. But a huge thanks to all who contribute or add to a post. I’m very appreciative to all those that helped teach me. I worked on cars and had a car featured in magazines and advertisements but this was a whole new level.

8791CB9B-789E-4FB6-8B31-8EB786D0FE8D (resized).jpeg
#2 3 months ago

Off the top of my head (because it's a small project that I recently had done),
I was able to get my 1930 payphone to work properly with being in the hobby
being a big reason. I already had a transformer, a bridge rectifier, and made a
small wiper and wiper board work in such a way so incoming calls and transmitting
calls by dropping in a dime works perfectly just as it did in the old days..

#3 3 months ago

Pinball has improved my problem-solving abilities, and I have a lot more friends now.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside