Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pinwiztom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How has pinball affected your life”

• Not much 11 votes
      14%
    • For the better 48 votes
      62%
    • For the worse 6 votes
      8%
    • Not now my wife is coming and I have to get off this pinball site :-) 12 votes
      16%

(77 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 9 years ago

Since the spring I gave been going from one complete shop job to the next. I have three more to do. Two for me and one for my pop. I'm in the garage during a lot of my free time when I'm not tending to other household duties. The wife doesn't mind too much as long as I spend time with her. Good thing is I know when it's time to shut down and come inside.

Despite all the work it's good for me. I love how the repair work takes my mind off my career, a police officer. I've been doing the same job for almost twelve years and I just about hate it. I stay because it pays decent, I like my schedule, I'm working towards a pension, and, without sounding like a pompous ass, I'm pretty good at it. Otherwise, I'm sick of it. Pinball repair (and the hobby itself) is a great escape from that part of my life...and I love it. Now, off to scrubbing grease and dirt from metal parts.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-has-pinball-affected-the-rest-of-your-life?tu=dtown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.