(Topic ID: 16784)

How hard & expensive to replace a coin door?

By shadowflame

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0253.jpg
IMAG0252.jpg
IMAG0251.jpg
IMAG0250.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shadowflame.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

HI,

My Gottlieb System 3 machine doesn't have a functional coin door, I am wondering how hard it is to replace it with a working one? and the cost?

it is a home machine, so being on Free Play isn't a problem, but still I think it would look nicer with a working coin door.

I wish Gottlieb let the programmers fix software/game bugs after a machine was put onto locations, but nope they didn't allow it.. the software it came with was it.. no updates. I know that has nothing to do with a coin door just thought I'd share that tidbit. I heard it from Jon Norris who was a pinball designer for Gottlieb until they closed in '96.

#4 11 years ago

Thank you for the replies.

I will take some photos of it tomorrow

#10 11 years ago

Here are the pictures of my coin door, I believe it is missing the mechanisms that accept quarters. The coin slots it has don't light up either, I guess it is missing the bulbs for that.

If someone could let me know what I need to get the coin door working it would be appreciated

The slam tilt switch works so I would assume the wires are fine.

If more pics are required that can be done too.

Thank You

IMAG0250.jpgIMAG0250.jpg IMAG0251.jpgIMAG0251.jpg IMAG0252.jpgIMAG0252.jpg IMAG0253.jpgIMAG0253.jpg

#12 11 years ago

Thanks for the reply

It seems the coin mechanism is only for $1 coins as the sticker says on the side of it, as quarters just go right to the coin return. I tried adjusting it but to no avail, so I have it set to 4 credits for a dollar, but thinking about getting a different coin mechanism that will accept quarters.

looking at the cost the door is $85 the door I have on it now has a broken lock and missing the proper key, I have 2 for the backboard only.

Quarter mechanism is $18.09. This is now a HUO pinball but originally was a route machine so I am sure it's been abused by people and neglected by OPs.

Also only one mechanism is complete, the other is broken. However, I switched out the bulb and the working coin chute lights up now.

Now I just have to decide is it worth approximately $105 + shipping to get a working and nice looking coin door? hmmm

To replace doors is it just a few bolts that need to be removed to get the door off?

The game has 20 credits now, how do i blank them back to 0?

#15 11 years ago

Would this work then?

http://na.suzohapp.com/coindoors/42303900.htm

and what lock would I need for my coin door?

Thanks again

#19 11 years ago

Thanks for the info, I think I will replace that cable assembly that goes to the coin door. Also, will get that coin mechanism from that website as PBR told me they don't have one that will accept Canadian quarters, but wouldn't a US quarter mechanism work just the same?

Do I just use force to knock out the old coin door lock?

The wires that are off are one for the light on the right coin slot and another that connects to the bottom of the coin area, if that makes any sense..

#22 11 years ago

Thanks a lot I didn't know that about coin mechanisms, saved me some trouble.
I see the nut to remove on the back of the coin door lock now.

Does the coin door need all 3 of the wires connected to it? Referring to the connections below the coin mech that can be seen in picture 2?

Thanks again, I am learning a lot

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weyburn, SK

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shadowflame.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-hard-expensive-to-replace-a-coin-door?tu=shadowflame and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.