(Topic ID: 81212)

How good is xmen le now with the new code?

By dannunz

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by DaveH
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rs812.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 10 years ago

It has become a very good pin with plenty of depth and strategy. It has tight shots which reward you for good shooting, but punishes you for sloppy shots. The combo system with the dead pool implementation is unlike any other pin I can think of. It is a keeper in my collection.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

Never understood the complaints with the Wolverine figure. He's not that close, he's behind the halfway point to the back of the machine, he's easy enough to avoid, and the beast shot is no easier nor harder to me than any shot that requires a precise shot through the pops. I also don't see how a slimmer version would change anything since there's nothing direct behind him that needs to be hit anyway. His current width doesn't change how easy or hard it is to hit Xavier or Beast. And his magnet is crazy cool!

I can't understand the complaints either. The usual complaint I hear is that he is too big. This is somewhat of an illusion as the lower part of wolverine, the only part that interacts with the ball, is physically smaller than a pop bumper. The "too big" argument just doesn't make any sense. In fact, the beast shot reminds me of the through the pops shot on whirlwind. No one ever complains about that one, though.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I've played xmen quite a few times and just can't get into the game at all as it just bores me to no end. Hopefully the one at the Arcade "Brighton" is updated by this weekend to give it a few more tries.

That place is very very cool! What a great selection of pins! The stern lineup is outstanding too!

Part of the problem in playing xmen at the Arcade is that you can't hear it. Much like tron, xmen is an immersive game that requires hearing it, especially through a sub and with a shaker motor installed, to truly appreciate its genius.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rs812.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-good-is-xmen-le-now-with-the-new-code?tu=rs812 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.