You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
ACDC-pinball-Score4.jpg
turrible.gif
2013-02-23_16-24-32_178.jpg
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

If the world champion pinball player is a 10, where do you rate as a player? I would say that I'm a 3. Even though I play about everyday, I really don't think I've gotten better over the years. Oh, on some days, I may have a great game, but it's the exception rather than the rule. My grandkids, all under 14, come over and routinely beat me. I think my hand/eye coordination is not that good. Plus, I don't think I take the time to really understand the rules of each game. But I still enjoy playing and keep thinking, maybe tomorrow I'll get better. Where do you rate as a player?

#2 11 years ago

I'm off the scale on the negative side.

I'm a zen pinball player. I don't play for score. I play for pinball flow and entanglement with the universe.

#3 11 years ago

Glass on or off?

#4 11 years ago

8-8.5ish maybeish.

EDIT: Of course I take a 1-10 scale more like the Richtor.

#5 11 years ago

I am so good that I don't even know why I bother associating with the likes of you all here.

OK, it was fun to say...

I would say I am actually a 5.964

#6 11 years ago

I am not as good as the deaf, dumb and blind kid.

#7 11 years ago

I'm not good, but fairly well rounded, so I'd say on a scale of 1-10, about a 3.14.

-Wes

#8 11 years ago

Ahhh, a mathematical type of player, eh?

#9 11 years ago

I am so bad the games make up insults that are not in the program.

#10 11 years ago

I'm about a 2.

When I get lucky, I am a 5.

#11 11 years ago

I play decently, I can beat people who play all the time. I would rank my self a 4 outta 10. Once I get my own games I will lay down the whuppings.

#12 11 years ago

If I'm hustling you for money I'm a solid 4

#13 11 years ago

The inspirational sign next to my game accurately describes my natural ability.

Sometimes I do something wrong and put up a killer score.

2013-02-23_16-24-32_178.jpg2013-02-23_16-24-32_178.jpg

#14 11 years ago

Let's just say I hear "Worst ball ever!" in my sleep I have heard it so much . . .

#15 11 years ago

#16 11 years ago

I would say a 1.5, I have nowhere to go but up!

#17 11 years ago

Zero consistency.

Anywhere from 1 to an 8.

Quoted from tracelifter:I am so bad the games make up insults that are not in the program.

#18 11 years ago

Me =

turrible.gifturrible.gif

#19 11 years ago

A solid 7 - 7.5 No doubt about my skills. I am good, sometimes I am Exceptional.

Brian
Madison hts, MI

#20 11 years ago

" Ever since I was a Young boy I've played the silver ball" and still suck.

#21 11 years ago

2 with the Ball Save on

#22 11 years ago

Probably about a 2.5.

Unfortunately, i'm in a pinball league with 6's and 7's and 8's...

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

Unfortunately, i'm in a pinball league with 6's and 7's and 8's...

I know your pain. Nothing like putting up a "solid" score on a game you own only to be blown away by 3-5x by one of the awesome players.

-Wes

#24 11 years ago

I'm above average, I'd say. I do have all the high scores on my games!

Yeah, I'm about the only one who ever plays them, but I managed to beat the scores that were on 'em when I got 'em!

So is average a 5? Then I'm at least a 6.

Or is it around 7, like in the game ratings? Then I'm at least an 8!

#25 11 years ago

Probably average, but even at that, only pinheads probably can compete with you. Play games regularly but don't really "practice" , just play for fun, so other than learning rules not playing to get better.

#26 11 years ago

5-6 and an occasional 1 =(

#27 11 years ago

Seems to depend on the machine.

Overall probably a 6. I have good accuracy and pretty good deflections but not a ton of flipper skills to really get control of the ball when I should. I usually have a heyday on machines that are real easy to trap on and not so great on machines where it's near impossible to do a basic trap.

#28 11 years ago

Im an 11, and a filthy liar.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

Im an 11, and a filthy liar.

I'm a 12.

First liar never wins.

LTG : )

#30 11 years ago

I enjoy being terrible, I think it would be boring to complete the game nearly every time you play.

#32 11 years ago

1 being a first time player, 10 being pro, 5 being average, I would be a 6, just above average.

#33 11 years ago

i, I would imagine*.

*The imaginary number i is defined solely by the property that its square is −1.

#34 11 years ago

I'm a solid 7.

#35 11 years ago

I tend to think I'm decent, until I watch one of Bowen or Keith's videos. Then, I'm reminded that I kind of suck.

#36 11 years ago

I'll let you know after IFPA updates with my last tourney results.

*edit* Well, not counting TPF, my tourney finishes have been 4th, 4th, 6th, 7th, 2nd.

#37 11 years ago

2 steps above a double flipper.

I can hold a ball and know what to shoot for. Once I own the game, I obviously get better at the game and have beaten some Wizard modes, or have at least gotten to the Wizard mode. Walking up to a new game, and not knowing the rules, I suck big time and usually just flail.

#38 11 years ago

Im pretty damn awesome so ive been told........ Oh we on about pinball?

#39 11 years ago

If I make a successful post transfer I am having a good day

#40 11 years ago

I'm good enough (or bad enough) to want to keep practicing on any machine I have access to play. The great thing about pinball is the variety of choices & layouts makes it a real challenge to get better overall.

#41 11 years ago

Hey,

I'd put myself middle of the road. Four, five, maybe? In regard to actual skills, like post passes, ball control around the flippers, drop catches, I'd say I'm a five or six. However, I'm not the type of player who can walk up to a machine I've never played and work out a strategy on my first game, which is big in tournament play. I'd say I'm a three, maybe four at best at that? So, if we're in a tournament and we play Lord of the Rings, which I've played very seldom and is rule-heavy, I'm going to get schooled. If we walk up to a game like T2, where the entire point of the game is to keep the ball moving and the points take care of themselves, I'll do okay. So, middle of the road it is.

Luke

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Zero consistency.
Anywhere from 1 to an 8.

That is my problem, I can have one ball that makes me look like a wizard then the next one I look like I have never played a game of pinball in my life.
I seldom get 3 good balls.
If I ever got really good at the games I would probably get bored and get out of the hobby.
Not really into the rules, I deal with rules all day long in business and when I play pinball I just want mindless fun and just shoot for the blinkin' lights.
Dang, lost another one.

#43 11 years ago

Not good enough to beat the better players in my area.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I tend to think I'm decent, until I watch one of Bowen or Keith's videos. Then, I'm reminded that I kind of suck.

[begin old man rant]

And you should be thankful for that. You get to be humiliated in the privacy of your own home. Back in the day, there was no youtube. Tournaments were few and far between. Many guys that only played locally thought they were badass players. Then they played in their first tournament and got annihilated. Public humiliation. Trust me, it wasn't fun. You kids with your youtube got it easy today.

[end old man rant]

After thinking for years that I was an easy 9, I now know I'm maybe a 4 or 5. And it took years of practice to bring myself up from a 2. If you really want to know just how good you are, play in a league and/or tournaments. You'll find out real quick just where you stand. More importantly, you'll learn how to get better and meet some new (often peculiar) friends.

#45 11 years ago

I think I'm a solid 5.

#46 11 years ago

I'd say my rating is a 3.5 due to my very lackluster tourney and league performances. Now if I could rate myself for a single state I'd say my highest rated state performance would be in PA. The lowest would be Ohio.

#47 11 years ago

i suck at playing pinball...... i just like to look at the pretty lights

#48 11 years ago

I always win single player games!

#49 11 years ago

Zero consistency.
Anywhere from 1 to an 8.

Today I was a 9 for one game.

ACDC-pinball-Score4.jpgACDC-pinball-Score4.jpg

#50 11 years ago

Wouldn't be higher than a 3. But I've been playing less than a year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-good-are-you and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.