• 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Goronic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

29cef62533af53acbfffca8297310ce2fe391421 (resized).jpeg

#1 4 years ago

Wonka wasn’t the great reveal. Heads exploding everywhere!

#2 4 years ago

To Infinity, and Beyond!

#3 4 years ago

Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!! But it will be!!!!!
Full steam ahead.....CHOOO-CHOOO!!!!

#4 4 years ago

Thatd be the biggest shit storm to ever hit pinside. But it seems as tho people in the know are confident about it.

#5 4 years ago

I’m not big into Wonka as a theme, although I know it will be a crazy awesome machine - just hope it’s also not $15K!! I wouldn’t be sad if it turned out to be another theme

#6 4 years ago
29cef62533af53acbfffca8297310ce2fe391421 (resized).jpeg29cef62533af53acbfffca8297310ce2fe391421 (resized).jpeg
#7 4 years ago

It's possible.

I recall Game of Thrones being pumped and promoted by those who saw it early, and we all know how that turned out.

#8 4 years ago

It wouldn't be funny nor unexpected.

The real surprise would be if everybody was happy.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m not big into Wonka as a theme, although I know it will be a crazy awesome machine - just hope it’s also not $15K!! I wouldn’t be sad if it turned out to be another theme

Its wonka a prices are same as potc

#10 4 years ago

This release certainly has everyone whipped into a froth! ... every day there is a new Wonka thread or two or three.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

It's possible.
I recall Game of Thrones being pumped and promoted by those who saw it early, and we all know how that turned out.

*I recall Game of Thrones being pumped and promoted by Stern shills, and we all know how that turned out

Fixed it for ya.

And please, don't ever compare Stern games to JJP. Apples and oranges.

#12 4 years ago

Wonka thread #34 :p

#13 4 years ago

It's going to be Lego Movie pinball.

#14 4 years ago

If it was Toy Story I'd be much happier. BTW is this for sure the next pin or speculation?

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

If it was Toy Story I'd be much happier. BTW is this for sure the next pin or speculation?

That's coming in October....

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

GnR in October. At least that's what people are saying...

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Is this for sure the next pin or speculation?

Some distributors have confirmed that it is Wonka.

#18 4 years ago

Thumbs down for clickbait thread title. Would give a 2nd if possible as this could be asked in one of the 300 Wonka threads that exist.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Thumbs down for clickbait thread title. Would give a 2nd if possible as this could be asked in one of the 300 Wonka threads that exist.

And that’s the point, 300 threads about guys willing to give up their children, clearing out a whole collection to make room, etc for a pin that no one has seen yet. So sorry you took the bait

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

What year? The reveal or release to paying customers?

#21 4 years ago

Anyone know what time the Blackhawks play tonight?

Oh...wait.

#22 4 years ago

Can we get the entire front page of the Forum to be wonka related and one help me fix this EM thats my goal for the day... ohhh and something at work.

#23 4 years ago

Total speculation here, but think about this, if there really was an NDA signed, don't you think that none of the podcasters would really mention the title.

If I was to make a crazy guess on this one, I'd say that there may be a chance that it isn't Wonka. The original rumors were that Toy Story was next, so maybe...

I think it would be great if it was a total flip on the pinball world. So misleading, but great flip on the hobby rumor mill.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

So sorry you took the bait

It's not that at all. I didn't like the title before I clicked. It's more of trying to clean up the forum from everyone's one-off "I have a minor thought that I should put in an existing, related thread but want more views by way of creating a new thread with a vague title".

#25 4 years ago

I can't see how it won't be.
I think all the JJP pins have been innovative in some way.
DI was almost a homerun for me but missed it on theme by a mile

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from billyboy:

Total speculation here, but think about this, if there really was an NDA signed, don't you think that none of the podcasters would really mention the title.
If I was to make a crazy guess on this one, I'd say that there may be a chance that it isn't Wonka. The original rumors were that Toy Story was next, so maybe...
I think it would be great if it was a total flip on the pinball world. So misleading, but great flip on the hobby rumor mill.

You're correct, that is an absolutely insane guess, as multiple well-known personalities have gone on the record that it's Wonka.

#27 4 years ago

...and Pinside crashes when JJP pulls the cover off the machine to reveal Harry Potter.

I know that won't happen, but that would probably be the biggest pinball bombshell...ever?

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

...and Pinside crashes when JJP pulls the cover off the machine to reveal Harry Potter.
I know that won't happen, but that would probably be the biggest pinball bombshell...ever?

No biggest ever was Lebowski and alien two weeks ago. Pinball hasn’t been the same since.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No biggest ever was Lebowski and alien two weeks ago. Pinball hasn’t been the same since.

lol

#30 4 years ago

As much as people tend to dislike Kaneda, I think the fact that he is so pro-Wonka actually makes a big difference in the hype. We’re so used to his criticism of JJP games that it really opened a lot of peoples’ eyes When he was so excited.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerryuop:

As much as people tend to dislike Kaneda, I think the fact that he is so pro-Wonka actually makes a big difference in the hype. We’re so used to his criticism of JJP games that it really opened a lot of peoples’ eyes When he was so excited.

I have no clue why.

Him jerking off JJp was his only real play here, the only reaction that made even a lick of sense.

Saying it sucks would have raised zero eyebrows and gotten only fleeting attention. It certainly wouldn't have resulted in a new Pinside thread.

And of course jack will be seen in public with him whereas nobody from Stern will, so why not keep that line open?

Plenty of obvious motivation for him to go ga ga over Wonka.

I got no problem with him having an opinion, or people getting hyped because of it. But I’m surprised by the complete lack of cynicism that accompanied it.

Going all in on Wonka was his only worthwhile, logical play.

#32 4 years ago

Wish it gonna be the Burton one to piss so much people on here lol

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

If I was Jack i would do a rendering of the playfield with some really bad clip art of Burton and have fun - he did that with the Rainbow plastic on WOZ well he said he did...

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

As I want JJP to thrive it would not be worth the brief endorphin rush of watching this place melt down.

Jack ain't dumb and he'd never consider making a non-Wilder Wonka.

#35 4 years ago

Looking forward to see who gets bent that JJP has finally stripped features and a physical ball lock out of a standard.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Looking forward to see who gets bent that JJP has finally stripped features and a physical ball lock out of a standard.

I am bent I don't like this part of pinball one bit, I really liked the POTC model what they pulled had value but did not change game play. I think stern should cut this shit as well, they cant code for two machines and the premium features don't work 50% of the time focus on one game and charge what you need to charge. don't charge me 2K for art and a spinner.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I agree, but it will also be interesting to see if a stripped SE with a price competitive with a Stern LE will result in some folks jumping from Stern to JJP. Should be an interesting weekend!

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I agree, but it will also be interesting to see if a stripped SE with a price competitive with a Stern LE will result in some folks jumping from Stern to JJP. Should be an interesting weekend!

That MAY happen but I doubt it. Some hard core Stern fans feel dirty if they say anything positive about JJP let alone buy one. It's like a hard core Chevy fan not getting a Ford no matter how amazingly awesome one of their products is.

Oh crap, sorry about the carguement

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-funny-would-it-be-if and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.