(Topic ID: 234808)

How fun is Family Guy?

By SpecialK-33

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chicoman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 5 years ago

I might be in the minority here but there is something about 90's Williams pins that all others just don't stack up. That includes modern day Stern pins. Family Guy the pinball machine is nothing special. Really over priced because of license only. The game is a shallow game that just leaves you feeling empty. Dirty Harry on the other hand is one of the most underrated pinball machines. I'll never let mine go.....I've beat it several times but it just never gets old. It's challenging too the outlanes are brutal. I'd put Dirty Harry up there with a game like Bram Stoker's Dracula in the same regard that the game keeps you coming back for more. Sometimes you kick it's ass but most of the time it kicks your ass. So when you get a great score on it it's really satisfying.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

FGY shallow?
I dunno man. It's purdy deep I think
Beer can modes, TV modes, Stewie MB & quite a few side missions plus a wizard mode I haven't reached in 7-8 years of ownership.
The game is certainly love it or hate it from what I gather. I love it, own it, etc.

Modern Day Stern pins just are ok. Yup...I said it. Ask any experienced pinball player. You play an old Williams game 1990's and compare that to a modern day Stern. The old Williams games are just better playing pinball machines. There's really no comparison. People always say well the rules for the old Williams pins are simple.....they don't have a deep rule set. I don't care....they are challenging, well made enjoyable pinball machines and yes they are better than modern day Stern pins.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chicoman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-fun-is-family-guy?tu=chicoman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.