New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 176537)

How far back will they go?

By o-din

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by xsvtoys
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How far back will they go with licensed themes and still be able to keep on selling them?”

• 1966- Batman TV Series proved this year is still viable for licensed pinball themes 0 votes
  • 1964- Munsters and Beatles, although not being sold yet, with all the hype, shows still not too far back 0 votes
  • 1959- Twilight Zone pinball sold over 15,000 units and is still very popular today 1 vote
    4%
  • 1958- Sea Hunt debuts with that ever popular pinball personality Jeff Bridges 1 vote
    4%
  • 1954- Father Knows Best and Lassie debut. Family friendly at it's finest. 1 vote
    4%
  • I'd like to see more 1970s themes. How are they missing the opportunity to cash in on such a great decade? 5 votes
    21%
  • 1930s- How is there not a big band, swing era music pin yet? 4 votes
    17%
  • 1913- We've got Mustang and Corvette, but now lets give the Model T it's due. 5 votes
    21%
  • Anything before the 20th century, please. 1 vote
    4%
  • 1949- We need a Lone Ranger pinball machine! 6 votes
    25%

(Multiple choice - 24 votes by 17 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 54 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2lf9bm (resized).jpg
R73FCZE3PFEXDF72TGDJLGWB3A (resized).jpg
08310441d9cb9407ab4c651994b637f5--robert-conrad-tv-vintage.jpg
250px-WildWildWest_title_card (resized).jpg
jeff-bridges-with-his-father-lloyd-bridges-in-tv-show-sea-hunt-1958 (resized).jpg
frankenstein (resized).jpg
abot (resized).png
yVOfffh (resized).jpg
1BadNewsBearsandJimBean-560x314 (resized).jpg
459187F4-19D9-43C9-AC4B-85F7DD3370AC (resized).jpeg
2kw51z (resized).jpg
4717240950_aa4bcba328_b (resized).jpg
download (2) (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
UNCLE-BORIS2- (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Didn't they already used that one on the Mustang pinball machine? Or was that Free Ride?

For the win Alex, "What is both are used in the Premium and LE".

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Noone '64 anyone?

Well, at least I got the year right. lol. Or perhaps they took a cue from me.

What do you guys want next, something from 1957 or maybe 1958?

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, at least I got the year right. lol. Or perhaps they took a cue from me.
What do you guys want next, something from 1957 or maybe 1958?

Now you're talking Leave it to Beaver & Lassie era.

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Now you're talking Leave it to Beaver & Lassie era.

Or how about "Sea Hunt"?

You know Jeff Bridges is always down for a pinball machine with him in the theme.

jeff-bridges-with-his-father-lloyd-bridges-in-tv-show-sea-hunt-1958 (resized).jpg
#105 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Or how about "Sea Hunt"?

You know Jeff Bridges is always down for a pinball machine with him in the theme.

We already had a Sea Hunt shaker ball pin.

LTG : )

#106 1 year ago

Might be too recent.
250px-WildWildWest_title_card (resized).jpg

08310441d9cb9407ab4c651994b637f5--robert-conrad-tv-vintage.jpg
#107 1 year ago

I have added a poll to this topic.

#108 1 year ago

Less than 10 votes in the poll with the option to vote for as many as you like?

And I thought you people were into all this nostalgia and retro licensed themes.

#109 1 year ago

How about 1939 for the Wizard of Oz...

#110 1 year ago

Or 1849 for the Gold Rush, (Charlie Chaplin, 1925).

Better yet, 500 BC for the Greek Gods, ie Clash of the Titans.

#111 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

How about 1939 for the Wizard of Oz...

It was already mentioned in this thread. Unfortunately the best part of the license, Judy Garland singing, was left out.

That would be like a Model A with no engine.

#112 1 year ago

Lone Ranger 1949 is leading in the poll.

I will add this is Clayton Moore as The Lone Ranger, not John Hart.

R73FCZE3PFEXDF72TGDJLGWB3A (resized).jpg
#113 1 year ago

Themes like Batman 66 and Munsters are basically "nostalgic nostalgia" selling to 80s kids who remember watching reruns of those shows. Anyone old enough to remember watching them when new is well past the pin (or anything but dentures) buying age.

Even Elvira 3. As a brand it's laughably out of date (sorry hot grandma lovers) Really it's about the nostalgia for the first two games. Also the dialog will be God awful unless Cassandra writes it herself.

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Themes like Batman 66 and Munsters are basically "nostalgic nostalgia" selling to 80s kids who remember watching reruns of those shows.

It's not their fault the new stuff from the 80s sucked so bad that their dream themes are now 60s vintage.

Quoted from benheck:

Anyone old enough to remember watching them when new is well past the pin (or anything but dentures) buying age.

Hey, I watched them new and although I was way over it a long time ago, I've still got all the teeth the dentists didn't destroy when I was a kid.

To be fair, we watched 15- 20 year old reruns of The Lone Ranger, which was way better than most of any of it.

#115 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Lone Ranger 1949 is leading in the poll.

I'm on board for Lone Ranger, but it should really be based on the original radio serial, not the TV show. Regardless, if Grandma Frisbee doesn't make the backglass, I'm out.

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm on board for Lone Ranger, but it should really be based on the original radio serial, not the TV show. Regardless, if Grandma Frisbee doesn't make the backglass, I'm out.

The radio show was a little before my time, but Felix The Cat, Diver Dan, and The Lone Ranger were must watch TV shows when I was a toddler. Any and all of which would be must have pinball machines for my game room.
2lf9bm (resized).jpg

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

The radio show was a little before my time

They used to play them on the radio on Sunday nights when I was a kid in the early 80s. Great stuff, especially living out in the country where there was no TV reception. Thrilling days of yesteryear, indeed!

A fiery horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust and a hearty Hi-Yo Silver! The Lone Ranger!
With his faithful Indian companion Tonto, the daring and resourceful masked rider of the plains led the fight for law and order in the early western United States. Nowhere in the pages of history can one find a greater champion of justice. Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear. From out of the past come the thundering hoofbeats of the great horse Silver. The Lone Ranger rides again!

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

They used to play them on the radio on Sunday nights when I was a kid in the early 80s. Great stuff, especially living out in the country where there was no TV reception. Thrilling days of yesteryear, indeed!

I see.

Sunday night in the early 80s brought us alternative punk rock/ new wave/ reggae radio shows for those of us that had had enough 70s rock like Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Kiss and what have you to the point that we never cared if we ever heard them again.

Of course we aren't really out in the boonies and radio has always been on top of things here.

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Themes like Batman 66 and Munsters are basically "nostalgic nostalgia" selling to 80s kids who remember watching reruns of those shows. Anyone old enough to remember watching them when new is well past the pin (or anything but dentures) buying age.

Man, that hurt. That hurt bad.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside