Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by xsvtoys
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How far back will they go with licensed themes and still be able to keep on selling them?”

• 1966- Batman TV Series proved this year is still viable for licensed pinball themes 0 votes
  • 1964- Munsters and Beatles, although not being sold yet, with all the hype, shows still not too far back 0 votes
  • 1959- Twilight Zone pinball sold over 15,000 units and is still very popular today 1 vote
    4%
  • 1958- Sea Hunt debuts with that ever popular pinball personality Jeff Bridges 1 vote
    4%
  • 1954- Father Knows Best and Lassie debut. Family friendly at it's finest. 1 vote
    4%
  • I'd like to see more 1970s themes. How are they missing the opportunity to cash in on such a great decade? 5 votes
    20%
  • 1930s- How is there not a big band, swing era music pin yet? 4 votes
    16%
  • 1913- We've got Mustang and Corvette, but now lets give the Model T it's due. 5 votes
    20%
  • Anything before the 20th century, please. 1 vote
    4%
  • 1949- We need a Lone Ranger pinball machine! 7 votes
    28%

(Multiple choice - 25 votes by 18 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2lf9bm (resized).jpg
R73FCZE3PFEXDF72TGDJLGWB3A (resized).jpg
08310441d9cb9407ab4c651994b637f5--robert-conrad-tv-vintage.jpg
250px-WildWildWest_title_card (resized).jpg
jeff-bridges-with-his-father-lloyd-bridges-in-tv-show-sea-hunt-1958 (resized).jpg
frankenstein (resized).jpg
abot (resized).png
yVOfffh (resized).jpg
1BadNewsBearsandJimBean-560x314 (resized).jpg
459187F4-19D9-43C9-AC4B-85F7DD3370AC (resized).jpeg
2kw51z (resized).jpg
4717240950_aa4bcba328_b (resized).jpg
download (2) (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
UNCLE-BORIS2- (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 7 years ago

I am convinced that a Pride and Prejudice machine would get more chicks into pinball. Give me a Mr. Darcy bash toy popping up out of a lake and I'd buy that puppy in a heartbeat. We chicks looooove Pride and Prejudice.

#52 7 years ago

I know the oldest theme! Four Million BC: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-four-million-bc-restore

Unless there are some space themed pins with no humans or ships or anything on them! Space is definitely older was going to consider Black Hole but there are humans on the back box.

#53 7 years ago

IMG_2406 (resized).JPGIMG_2406 (resized).JPG

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

We need a new Elvis with real music and songs spanning his entire career, I need "patch it up" Polk Salad Annie" "Suspicions Minds" etc. While its a shame what happened to the man he never lost it, uh oh I'm getting emotional here.
» YouTube video

I remember watching one of his last teevee concerts where he was, like in the video not as sharp as he once was. My dad said: "Look at him, he's all doped up" and left the room. I didn't quite get it then, but I understood it soon after.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not that far back, but I would have a hard time believing there isn't a Perry Mason pinball machine in the works right now. I can never get enough of that show.

So are you thinking a Della Street multi-ball?

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Chum43:

VTTBOTS is my vote....
If any one wants to guess what that is..

Movie or TV show? (I'd go with movie for images of Barbara Eden )

#57 7 years ago

Day One's Scoregasm sold out. There must be a market.

#58 7 years ago

I'm still hoping for an Old Testament Bible Adventures inspired game.

#59 7 years ago

I'm hoping they go back to silent films. Who needs a soundtrack when you get to hear the sweet sounds of silence and solenoids.

#60 7 years ago

they have the class of 1812 already.

#61 7 years ago

I wouldnt mind a Carolus Rex pinball

#62 7 years ago

Rbion 2 but more of a old school freak sideshow circus feel.

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg

2016-12-22-09-38-14--2069123654 (resized).jpeg2016-12-22-09-38-14--2069123654 (resized).jpeg

2016-12-22-09-38-26-183874848 (resized).jpeg2016-12-22-09-38-26-183874848 (resized).jpeg

#63 7 years ago

I'm looking for a well done Beatles pin! John T. already approached Ringo,and Sir Paul,to test the waters,and they liked it!If you do a 60s rock theme,the fab four have to be center stage!

#64 7 years ago

second verse...same as the first.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Honestly surprised this didn't make it as an EM or as a questionable 90's Gottlieb machine. Seems like it would fit in well with the "collect all family members" kind of ruleset.

Brady Bunch could be a winner....
I'm positively giddy with excitement over possible call outs like "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha" !

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

they have the class of 1812 already.

Wizard of Oz was done recently too, but without including Judy Garland singing Over the Rainbow, it was pretty much a forgettable venture.

435978438 (resized).jpg435978438 (resized).jpg

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm still hoping for an Old Testament Bible Adventures inspired game.

I'm making it someday - bank on it.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm making it someday - bank on it.

That should be one of the most violent pinball machines in history. Make sure to include all the murder, death and destruction, would ya.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I'm looking for a well done Beatles pin! John T. already approached Ringo,and Sir Paul,to test the waters,and they liked it!If you do a 60s rock theme,the fab four have to be center stage!

Oh ya, there you go, mentioning the elephant in the room. There has to be a Beatles Pin 100%. Hopefully soon.

3 versions will be necessary. The LE has to be just Sgt Peppers. The Premium the late 60's psychedelic stuff. The Pro must have most of the number 1 hits.

Fun Fun....

#70 7 years ago

A Yoko Ono bash toy?

#71 7 years ago

John Trudeau told me Williams had a shot at the Beatles license back in the 90's but management didn't think it was relevant enough.

I'd bet the difficulty of dealing with that license would be pretty high. Maybe "don't even bother" high (unlike Harry Potter which would probably be worth it)

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'd bet the difficulty of dealing with that license would be pretty high. Maybe "don't even bother" high

That seems likely. Too many owners of the rights that want full control of those rights. I don't blame them for their actions, but some of the stories regarding stuff seems ridiculous.

Best one I've read about is that Lubbock wanted to name a street after Buddy Holly, well Maria Elena Holly had some problem with that. Seems just the honor was not enough for Maria. (If this was a true fact, that would be sad).

#73 7 years ago

how about a big bang theory pinball - isn't that pretty much the beginning of time and the universe as we know it....or am I just talking about the sitcom ?

#74 7 years ago

Here is an iconic TV series, but it's actually more recent than BM66... by 1-2 years (2 seasons: 1967 and 1968).
Remember watching it as kid... and being terrified !

I am not the only one who thought about it, @lb45's actually posted about a home-brew version:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-invaders#post-160714

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

how about a big bang theory pinball - isn't that pretty much the beginning of time and the universe as we know it....or am I just talking about the sitcom ?

We're talking the evolution of pinball here.

devolution (resized).pngdevolution (resized).png
So how bout One Million BC?

Raquel-Welch_2166050b (resized).jpgRaquel-Welch_2166050b (resized).jpg

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Here is an iconic TV series, but it's actually more recent than BM66... by 1-2 years (2 seasons: 1967 and 1968).
Remember watching it as kid... and being terrified !
I am not the only one who thought about it, lb45's actually posted about a home-brew version:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-invaders#post-160714

I loved that series.I was pretty young and it scared me too.

#77 7 years ago

Civil War LE model.. count me in

IMG_3471 (resized).JPGIMG_3471 (resized).JPG

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

John Trudeau told me Williams had a shot at the Beatles license back in the 90's but management didn't think it was relevant enough.
I'd bet the difficulty of dealing with that license would be pretty high. Maybe "don't even bother" high (unlike Harry Potter which would probably be worth it)

I would approach Harmonix/EA Games and try to partner with them to license assets from the Beatles Rockband universe. That animation style would work great for pinball!

#79 7 years ago

Let me think about it and get back to you.

https://goo.gl/images/XWzlfk

1 month later
#80 7 years ago

Would you believe....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#81 7 years ago

^^ Would be a great Goldeneye re-theme...

1 year later
#82 5 years ago

With Beatles and Munsters it looks like they are almost back to 50s again.

Man, the 70s must be starting to feel real left out of all this retro pinball faze.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well, you got your wish, didn't you!

Quoted from benheck:

Apparently it is a lot more relevant now than it was in the 1990s. Or perhaps Williams management didn't know a good thing when they saw it.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

With Beatles and Munsters it looks like they are almost back to 50s again.

Here are a few things I have stated before;

Buddy Holly & the Crickets might be next????

Or Topo Gigio? How ever a 'Casablanca' based movie pin might just work too.

#85 5 years ago

What about this guy? Edgar Allan Poe theme by Spooky?

poe.jpg.cf (resized).jpgpoe.jpg.cf (resized).jpg
#86 5 years ago
Quoted from VampireKangaroo:

What about this guy? Edgar Allan Poe theme by Spooky?

Pinsiders for the most part aren't into literature as a base for their pinball themes.

They want licensed movies with clips from those movies that can be shown on the LCD screen. Not to mention toys from those movies that can be tastefully installed.

That being said, there are several Edgar Allen Poe stories that were made into movies starring Vincent Price that fall right into the time period that seems to be the hottest in pinball at the moment.

Along with the usual toys that pinsiders can use to spruce up their games.
MV5BMTQ4MjAzMzQzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzkyMTU2NA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,652,1000_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BMTQ4MjAzMzQzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzkyMTU2NA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,652,1000_AL_ (resized).jpg

4717240950_aa4bcba328_b (resized).jpg4717240950_aa4bcba328_b (resized).jpg

UNCLE-BORIS2- (resized).jpgUNCLE-BORIS2- (resized).jpg
download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#87 5 years ago

Oh man how cool is The Raven? I'm gonna pull that one up and watch it again for Halloween.

I think we also could use a Phantasm pin.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I think we also could use a Phantasm pin.

Well, that would certainly help fill the void of hardly any 70s themed games of quality as of late.

#89 5 years ago

Quoth the Raven ”Shut up and take my MONEY!!!”

#90 5 years ago
2kw51z (resized).jpg2kw51z (resized).jpg
#91 5 years ago
#92 5 years ago

I still say the next big think would be video games from a gaming system on Nintendo to PlayStation, etc. I always wanted a Castlevania pin and think it would work out great.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m in for a BNB pin.

Sure, who wouldn't buy a game about kids having some good old fashioned fun.

1BadNewsBearsandJimBean-560x314 (resized).jpg1BadNewsBearsandJimBean-560x314 (resized).jpgyVOfffh (resized).jpgyVOfffh (resized).jpg
#94 5 years ago

The big bang.

Not the Big Bang Theory, the actual Big Bang (a prequel to deeproot's woefully misnamed Fire & Brimstone)

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The big bang.
Not the Big Bang Theory, the actual Big Bang (a prequel to deeproot's woefully misnamed Fire & Brimstone)

If they come out with anything much older than The Beatles, or any other themes kids of the 80s can't relate to, that's what may happen here on pinside. Or maybe something more like a super nova.

#96 5 years ago

How about H P Love Craft. ?

#97 5 years ago

Looking forward to Stern’s 2023 headliner, “LOOK UGG, ME HIT ROCK WITH STICK AND MAKE SOUND”.

#98 5 years ago

Abbot and Costello would be an awesome theme

abot (resized).pngabot (resized).png
#99 5 years ago

Yeah,O-din,I did get my wish!! BUT,be careful what you wish for,a Frankenstein may arise!!

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

BUT,be careful what you wish for,a Frankenstein may arise!!

Didn't they already used that one on the Mustang pinball machine? Or was that Free Ride?

Either way, I expect we will see a full blown Edgar Winter Group pinball machine very soon.

frankenstein (resized).jpgfrankenstein (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton Twp, MI
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-far-back-will-they-go/page/2?hl=vampirekangaroo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.