(Topic ID: 224882)

How far are you willing to travel for your fav pin?

By cottonm4

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by whisper
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

974A75DD-5A4E-40F1-A18D-AD54C1FB573B (resized).jpeg
    moon (resized).jpg
    39CD73EF-8661-4F4C-B4E1-02C522B6ECCF (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Yeah, I know, this distance stuff has been talked before. Like how far has everyone driven for that special pin.

I see all kinds of people wanting this pin or that pin. Some of you make the drive. Some of you decide you do not want that pin enough to drive the distance or pay for the shipping.

What is your "uncle" point?

How far are you willing to drive? Or, how much shipping are you willing to pay? How bad do you want it?

Me? I'm looking at one that is 1200 miles away. I have done 1200 before and for the right pin I will do so again.

You?

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Depends on the price too

OK. If the price is right, and all the planets are in alignment, how many miles will you travel?

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

To fund my iron maiden i just delivered a pin in penn, 1000 mile round trip. Then delivered another game 200 mile round trip. Then i found my maiden, 400 mile roumd trip. So 1200 to fund, 400 to buy, 1600 total. But i like using roadtrips as excuses for small vacations

Interesting. To make this happen, YOU had to DELIVER two pins. And then pick up your desired unit. None of my sellers were willing to do that. They were, "If you want it, you come and get it.

I have one I had to deliver to make the deal, also.

I rationalize that I am taking small vacations. But the trips are pretty fast to cut down on motel fees. I get to see a lot of interesting Entrance and Exit ramps

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Just drove 3000 miles round trip for a TBL. I wasn’t gonna trust shipping that pin. I made the round trip in 68 hours.

Now we are talking !

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Andyzola87:

3-5 hour trips are the norm for me due to where I live. I actually Just got back last week from delivering a pin 5 hours away and picking another up unexpectedly, but lucky for me I enjoy the trips and the excitement of picking up new games across state lines.

On election day in Nov. 2016 I was in El Paso picking up a pin. I spent the night somewhere near Lincoln NM.

I love your part of the country. I like the desert. I like those 80 mph Interstate Highways, too

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-far-are-you-willing-to-travel-for-your-fav-pin?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.