• Latest reply 8 years ago by knazzo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9d32c0a6618ac54a6da2ec46aa5982e4a9a6ca66.jpg
00Z0Z_cuKhx2O90RX_600x450.jpg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You'll also likely need a new clock board. Another $100

Yeah those game specific boards could really add up. I'll find and look through a parts list and see if I can find prices for the TZ specific boards. It certainly is daunting to try this on a toy packed game like TZ, that's for sure.

#52 9 years ago

You would be better off staying away from this project unless you are looking for a project for the next couple of years. It could end up costing more than a nice one and never work as it should. But thats just me.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Yeah those game specific boards could really add up. I'll find and look through a parts list and see if I can find prices for the TZ specific boards. It certainly is daunting to try this on a toy packed game like TZ, that's for sure.

I agree. You could end up banging your head against the wall for weeks trying to trouble shoot small electrical issues...

#54 9 years ago

If you're cool with electronics these projects are super fun IMO. TFTC and My first BSD had something wrong on every board, those were a lot of fun. I've over paid for project games because it's really half the fun.

#55 9 years ago

I don't think that cabinet price is bad at all. You're not just getting an empty cabinet. You're getting every inside inside, including harnesses I hope. Buy a new cabinet and try to locate all the parts you need to make it complete. Not so easy.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I don't think that cabinet price is bad at all. You're not just getting an empty cabinet. You're getting every inside inside, including harnesses I hope. Buy a new cabinet and try to locate all the parts you need to make it complete. Not so easy.

The picture shows stuff inside but the description says it is just the cabinet. I assumed the seller intended to remove those before actually selling, but perphaps not. I will ask what is included.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

The picture shows stuff inside but the description says it is just the cabinet. I assumed the seller intended to remove those before actually selling, but perphaps not. I will ask what is included.

Yeah, if the cabinet is empty, $500 tops. Then, you have the fun of finding all the rest of the parts you need to make a complete game.

#58 9 years ago

Got a response from the seller about what the cab includes. "Transformer, harness, dmd bezel, misc". So that changes things up a bit. Now I'm really not sure what to offer for it. I'll check it out and see exactly what is there and get some better pictures before coming up with a for sure offer.

#59 9 years ago

You could buy a Dredd and sell the boards and still pocket $100.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from castlesteve:

You could buy a Dredd and sell the boards and still pocket $100.

$1,400 game folks

Although someone mentioned getting the boards from a Slugfest, which actually seems like a decent idea.

#61 9 years ago

Slugfest won't have a fliptronics board, or the aux power driver board in the head. Keep that in mind when considering cost.

#62 9 years ago

I am all for project pins, but I want them to be as complete as possible. I don't care if every board has blown components, as long as the boards are there. Same with wiring. I don't have enough time to install a wiring harness, populate a play field, or even redecal a cabinet. As long as you can dedicate the long hours to this project, go for it. Otherwise, find something that might be a little more complete. And remember, the parts are worth more than the whole.

7 months later
#63 8 years ago

If you are still searching a WPC Pre DCS Sound Board A-12738 , i have a nice one for sale (from Black Rose). Tested an working.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 132.00
$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 14.95
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-expensive-is-a-full-wpc-board-set/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.