New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 267649)

How excited are you for RAZA?

By Krupps4

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 days ago by Bublehead
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How interested are you in RAZA if it came out today and was priced competitively?”

• Very Interested 25 votes
    16%
  • Zero Interest 134 votes
    84%

(159 votes)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7C65E122-5395-4EA1-B5DF-227630AD8A56 (resized).jpeg

#1 6 months ago

I was listening to a podcast the other day and they were talking about Retro Atomic Zombie Adventure Land (RAZA). I know there has been a short stream of the pin. People that played it complained about the one ramp shot, but apparently they have made that shot easier. Does anyone care about this pin assuming it is priced competitively? What is your interest based on the info available?

#2 6 months ago

When it comes to my initial personal excitement level, I put it right on the scale between rearranging my sock drawer and flipping my mattresses. Although, i've thought that before about other games, and have had my mind changed after actually flipping them with an open mind. I'll definitely give it a try if I see one in the wild.

#3 6 months ago

In my opinion, they have missed the window of opportunity for RAZA. Maybe they can breathe life into it at some point but for now it seems pretty stale to me.
I didn't vote in your poll but I would if you were to add a third category called, Moderate Interest.

#4 6 months ago

It's my grail theme.

#5 6 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Moderate Interest.

I purposely didn’t add “moderate interest” because I thought everyone would pick it with it being the safe choice. The idea being most people want to hedge their bets.

#6 6 months ago

I have no interest in it at all.

#7 6 months ago

I'm moderately interested as well.

#8 6 months ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I purposely didn’t add “moderate interest” because I thought everyone would pick it with it being the safe choice. The idea being most people want to hedge their bets.

I didn't consider that but good decision on your part. Now that I know, it actually makes the poll more interesting and decisive.
Well done.

#9 6 months ago

I'm excited to see the first title from a new company. For an original theme, it's right up my alley. So win/win, I fall in the very interested category and I'm surprised to be in the minority in the poll. DR would make money off me indirectly by selling to an operator to put a RAZA on location. I doubt I'll ever be in the NIB market. If I love the game, DR could sell me a RAZA shirt or the soundtrack on vinyl.

#10 6 months ago

I'm cautiously optimistic. Considering the hype and years of talking about the game I hope it's a great pin.

#11 6 months ago

I am curious to see it, but have zero interest in owning one.

#12 6 months ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I am curious to see it, but have zero interest in owning one.

Yup, same here.

#13 6 months ago

Always like to see new pins being made. I’m not excited about the theme, but if the gameplay and theme integration is good I’d be interested.

#14 6 months ago

Is it every gonna come out? At this point the “hype” train left the station and lost all its steam. They need to do something big to renew interest and stop wasting all their time with these little reveals and tweaks.
If the game is finished then what’s the hold up? I mean have they even had fully playable machines available at a show?

The longer this takes the greater the expectations for this pin.

#15 6 months ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I get the idea, but I won't vote, for I'm interested, but 'very interested' may be somewhat of an overstatement. It would be nice to see some more of it though!

Edit: what the heck, I think there's a fair chance we won't see it in production ever, but I'm interested anyway, so I'll go with 'very interested'.

#16 6 months ago
Quoted from sven:

what the heck, I think there's a fair chance we won't see it in production ever,

It will be interesting since they are boasting that they will release a number of titles quickly.

#17 5 months ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

It will be interesting since they are boasting that they will release a number of titles quickly.

I hope it's true, but I remember the other promises by Deeproot and I remember a company called Heighway that had a lot of things released 'in 2 weeks'. Somehow, Deeproot reminds me of that, though they don't mention 2 weeks, and I think they had way more capital to start with. So who knows we'll be pleasantly surprised soon (one can always dream/hope).

#18 5 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

When it comes to my initial personal excitement level, I put it right on the scale between rearranging my sock drawer and flipping my mattresses. Although, i've thought that before about other games, and have had my mind changed after actually flipping them with an open mind. I'll definitely give it a try if I see one in the wild.

I couldn’t sleep last night. All I could think about was Raza.

#19 5 months ago

I was interested in RAZA months ago, but with delay after delay I’m not very excited now.

#20 5 months ago

Couldn’t be less interested. Supposedly Deeproot have several more titles being worked on and are / were ready to be released soon, but we may never know if it was true or just more hot air.

#21 5 months ago

Have no money to buy a new pinball machine.
But i'am intrested what's under the hood.

#22 5 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Couldn’t be less interested. Supposedly Deeproot have several more titles being worked on and are / were ready to be released soon, but we may never know if it was true or just more hot air.

They were gonna crank out 9 a year until Corona hit! The delusion meter maxed out on that one.

#23 5 months ago
Quoted from davjoszie:

They were gonna crank out 9 a year until Corona hit! The delusion meter maxed out on that one.

Maybe 9 *machines*, ready to be boxed up.

#24 5 months ago

RAZA’s still a thing? Just bought an Elvira House of Horrors. Oh well.

#25 5 months ago

The fact that Deeproot pretty much indicated they did not want to make a lot of them (i.e. less than 1000) makes me think it is not going to be something I would be interested in. I have no interest in rarity and will not pay more for rarity. I only want great playing fully supported games that are priced properly for the mainstream market.

#26 5 months ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

What is your interest based on the info available?

Not ever again. I was interested 6 or 7 years ago when it was announced by Zidware. But I'll never go near anything involving Popadiuk. I'll never preorder from a company without a very proven track record.

#27 5 months ago

I was excited about RAZA in 2013 when I sent JPOP my hard earned money for a game, this is all I got for my $$$...

7C65E122-5395-4EA1-B5DF-227630AD8A56 (resized).jpeg
#28 5 months ago

Zero interest. Between Jpop’s scandals & RM’s blowhard assholery, I wouldn’t even want to touch or play a Derp Poop machine.

I’ll never forget or forgive what Jpop did to the pinball community, and would never support a company built on his pyramid scheme of lies.

I’m betting they never actually release anything...they’ve burned too much money, too much of the buyer base & have shown zero proof they can manufacture and deliver anything.

#29 5 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Zero interest. Between Jpop’s scandals & RM’s blowhard assholery, I wouldn’t even want to touch or play a Derp Poop machine.
I’ll never forget or forgive what Jpop did to the pinball community, and would never support a company built on his pyramid scheme of lies.
I’m betting they never actually release anything...they’ve burned too much money, too much of the buyer base & have shown zero proof they can manufacture and deliver anything.

/Thread

4 months later
#30 30 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You typed exactly what I have been thinking.
Thank you!

#31 30 days ago

Magic Girl was the only draw Zidware had for me, and only because it was (loosley) going to be a sequel to TOM, which was one of my favorite machines to play on location (because if it was working all the way, I could easily put up GC), but honestly its her dual "assets" on the backbox that I was drawn to...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 4.95
Apparel - Unisex
ULEKstore
$ 18.95
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 47.00
€ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 139.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 9.50
$ 9.99
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
€ 18.95
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 30.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Lighting - Interactive
TheDudeMods
$ 50.00
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside