2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Billc479
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3139EBEA-6E1D-4A18-8723-2C907E3E5EAF (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

Is it some kind of thermal cut out? From CC Bullseye Baseball

3139EBEA-6E1D-4A18-8723-2C907E3E5EAF (resized).jpeg3139EBEA-6E1D-4A18-8723-2C907E3E5EAF (resized).jpeg

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

Is it some kind of thermal cut out? From CC Bullseye Baseball
    [quoted image]

That would be my guess.

#3 2 years ago

My guess would be that the top switch blade is a bimetallic strip and when current flows through the wire coil it heats up and opens the connection. Something like that probably.

#4 2 years ago

It looks like a bi metal strip. Is it in the bat coil circuit? I’d assume based on the name it’s there to open the circuit and prevent the coil from being energized too long and burning the coil.

#5 2 years ago

Anybody else wondering if that white patch it's mounted on is asbestos?

#6 2 years ago

I’d say it is — I looked at it with a magnifying glass.

My grandfather was a rock collector, we used to have a big hunk of asbestos in the house.

#7 2 years ago

I don't think it's asbestos. It's more likely to be a ceramic compound made of aluminum oxide...similar to a spark plug. This would prevent the heat transferring to the wiring and creating a fire hazard.

#8 2 years ago

Might have asbestos in it? It looks a bit furry. I could believe ceramic though, it sort of looks like cement on its edge.

#9 2 years ago

Even if it is asbestos, or contains asbestos, as long as you don't mess with it - scraping it, etc., to release fibers in the air, you should be OK. It does not look friable.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-does-this-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.