(Topic ID: 307655)

How does transferring a Spooky spot work?

By GrandFireball1

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

What the title says. Pre-ordered a Halloween CE, but am considering selling my spot. For those who have done this successfully or know how to, what is the process? Is it a matter of emailing spooky with the new buyer information?

#2 2 years ago

Contact Spooky. They'd know best. If it's allowed.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

What the title says. Pre-ordered a Halloween CE, but am considering selling my spot. For those who have done this successfully or know how to, what is the process? Is it a matter of emailing spooky with the new buyer information?

email spooky once the funds have cleared and the financial transaction is complete. let them know you'd like your spot to be transferred to Joe Shmoe. CC the new buyer into the email, so they can give Spooky the new info. Just don't get spooky involved in the financials of the deposit sale, that's not their business. Then you're out of the picture.

#4 2 years ago

I transferred a spot to someone else and have had one transferred to me.

Contact Spooky because they get this questions alot. When I did this with Rick and Morty the process was as follows:

Essentially, you email Spooky and say, "I have a spot for Halloween and am selling it to Bob here. I have received said money from Bob and wish to transfer ownership to him and make sure you have his shipping information." Spooky will email you back and ask you a few questions to help keep you from getting scammed, "are you taking this deposit Western Union in Monopoly money"? After receiving your assurance, they will transfer the spot to Bob and begin correspondence with them. It was an easy process... so long as you trust the other person. In my particular case the person I sold my spot to, and bought my back spot from, signed my paychecks so it was easy.

Good luck!

#5 2 years ago

I was told there was a 250.00 transfer fee can u guys confirm ?

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I was told there was a 250.00 transfer fee can u guys confirm ?

As of early 2021 when dealing with transferring a spot on a Rick and Morty, there was no fee involved. That may have changed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-does-selling-a-spooky-spot-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.