You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

doit (resized).png
one-does-not-simply-make-pinball-a-living (resized).jpg
41UdEo7+8KL._SX300_ (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
millennials (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waldo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 6 years ago

I would definitely reiterate what has been said about keeping your career and your hobbies separate and about your priorities changing as you get older.

I grew up wanting nothing more then to fly fast jets. And by all means I accomplished all my goals relating to flying cool jets. You always hear young guys who are first starting out say they would pay to fly cool airplanes. Now at 40ish flying is just a really good paying job with a great office window. It’s still a great job but it is just a job. I only do it cause they give me money.

Money let’s me accomplish what I want on my off time. My advice. Find a career you can stand that pays you really well so you can really enjoy your hobbies in your off time. Plus when your goals and desires inevitably change money affords you opportunity. And Opportunity is the greatest gift you can give yourself (or your loved ones).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waldo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-does-one-make-pinball-a-living?tu=waldo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.