You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

doit (resized).png
one-does-not-simply-make-pinball-a-living (resized).jpg
41UdEo7+8KL._SX300_ (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
millennials (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spiroagnew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

I'm young, I have nothing to lose, and I don't want work to feel like work. Not that I'm not willing to work, I just want to love what I'm doing.

THIS part is difficult: once you turn a hobby you love into your job, there is a real good chance you'll fall out of love with it, and quickly. What was once a get-away that you could lose yourself in for a few hours after slogging away at your day job, now becomes the source of all your worries, financial and otherwise. I'm all for following your dreams, but sometimes you have to keep the day job, and cherish those moments in the off-hours when you can press the start button.

If that ain't some pretty sad "dad" advice, I don't know what is...sorry for being a downer; it's just another way of looking at things.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spiroagnew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-does-one-make-pinball-a-living?tu=spiroagnew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.