You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

doit (resized).png
one-does-not-simply-make-pinball-a-living (resized).jpg
41UdEo7+8KL._SX300_ (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
millennials (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cliff_clavin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

well, first off, you are only 19. Your desires may change down the road with respect to getting married or having kids....Why not try to find a different industry or job that would ignite your passion? Pinball is not an easy way to make a living these days....

2 weeks later
#80 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

After a couple weeks consideration, I'm doing something I never thought I'd do - I'm enrolling in college. Starting at community college first, and will then transfer to get a four year degree. Most likely in business or finance, but may throw everyone for a curve, including myself and go for IT.
The college is actually next to the town I grew up in, it's nice to see familiar faces, and do familiar things. The region is so small, the director of admissions actually remembered me from two years ago, when I almost went there after leaving high school.
I plan on leaving my sales job at the end of the summer, or going part time if possible. I feel like I'm too young and wasting my youth working and driving as much as I do. I've done 11K miles since 2/27/18. One day I had recently; 9am in Nashua NH, 12pm in Worcester MA, 4pm in Warwick, RI, 7pm in Griswold, CT.
I'll be seeking to find a sales position closer to 9 to 5, preferably in an office, even if it means a little less money. It gets lonely on the road, especially when leads suck, and no money is getting made.
Pinball can't feasibly be my living, at this time anyways. Will I give up on that dream? Not yet.
Thanks to everyone who has replied in the thread, it truly was a small contributing factor to my decision, and I really appreciate everyone on this forum.
Cheers,
Eric

good move, get a degree and keep your options open.....good luck....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cliff_clavin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-does-one-make-pinball-a-living?tu=cliff_clavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.