(Topic ID: 89398)

How does Metallica premium compare to AcDc premium?

By rai

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-869.jpg
image.jpg
96247.jpg
20140331_172805.jpg
P1260025.JPG
P2230028.JPG
P1260040.JPG
IMG_5241[1].JPG
IMG_5205[1].JPG
IMG_5003[1].JPG
IMG_5001[1].JPG
IMG_5010[1].JPG
IMG_5002[1].JPG
IMG_5008[1].JPG

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 9 years ago

You fellas do realize, you're kinda arguing Lamborghini vs Ferrari, right?

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You fellas do realize, you're kinda arguing Lamborghini vs Ferrari, right?

Yes. Yes I do.

#53 9 years ago

Ask Lambo and Ferarri owners, big difference in brands to them.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ask Lambo and Ferarri owners, big difference in brands to them.

I have a friend who has owned new Lambo's and new Ferrari's, and he'd take......the Lambo.

I'm not sure I agree with him though.

#55 9 years ago

Outside of the CIU modes Metallica is really only fun in multiball play. ACDC keeps you on your toes and can be quite the rush even in single ball play. I have them about 6 feet apart & to me it isnt even close what the better game is.

96247.jpg96247.jpg
#56 9 years ago

I own both LE's. Metallica is my all time favorite band & dream theme, but AC/DC is more fun. It's hard to beat the funnest pin ever. All my buddies that come over & play say the same thing. Sad but true.

#57 9 years ago

I want to love ACDC but so far MET is a clear winner for me.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Finally, if money was truly no object, I would opt for the premium on both models, but AC/DC once again offers more than Metalicca when it comes to the premium variation compared to the pro.

I agree with this. But it's not because there is so much added value in acdc premium. It's because the pro is so terrible. Metallica pro is a fantastic game. Metallica pro just destroys acdc pro for gameplay, what's offered, overall art etc.

If the two pro models didn't exist and we were comparing just the two premiums, I think its a pretty fair comparison. Acdc premium is a much nicer looking game in spite if some of the uglier playfield artwork in pinball. The lower pf looks great. Nice trim. Nice lighting. But I'd go Metallica over it. Best artwork since cirqus Voltaire. Most fast fun since attack from mars. Feels a lot like an original theme to me.

#59 9 years ago

I absolutely love my MET LE but I want to eventually get an AC/DC Premium as I'm sure I would be interested in playing it for years with it's many strategic choices that can be made due to it's extremely deep ruleset.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Maleko:

I absolutely love my MET LE but I want to eventually get an AC/DC Premium as I'm sure I would be interested in playing it for years with it's many strategic choices that can be made due to it's extremely deep ruleset.

Remember MET code is far from finished.

I am thinking the same though but telling myself to wait until MET code better as it might end up better than ACDC!

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I thought MET code was about done so I'm glad to hear that! Just curious though, where did you hear that?

#62 9 years ago

I want to love ACDC but so far MET is a clear winner for me.

Same here, I see we have the same pins and for me Ironman fills that need for adrenalin that a lot of guy's get outta AC/DC which is very fast and exciting but I'm more of a Metallica, Slayer, Judas Priest Painkiller type fella and as good as Luci is it's just to Rock n Roll for me. Anyway Xmen Magneto should be here today and I can't wait. I have played it at the local store but never loud, in the darkness with a shaker so I'm going to have drink some beer just to make it right.

#63 9 years ago

I am thinking the same though but telling myself to wait until MET code better as it might end up better than ACDC!

You're assuming ACDC code is finished. And I wouldn't call Metallica code "far from finished". You could probably say that about ST but not Metallica.

#64 9 years ago

Tallica still has an update coming for band member mode. Stern has told us this is coming soon. As far as AC/DC, that will be all on Lyman Sheets to work on, on his own time.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You sold before the code update!

If there was ever a time for a kettle black gif.....this is the time.

#66 9 years ago

Just played a good few games on Met pro yesterday, it was really nice. I'm beginning to lean that way, over the premium. Does the pro lack much in game play over the premium? I know the hammer ball lock, but some people say they might dislike that, as hammer blocks the view and square block as opposed to captured ball.

I was testing IM and Met to see which was more to my liking, and honestly I thought Met pro was the nicer pin, and quite a bit cheaper.

#67 9 years ago

I have owned a lot of pins and no other pinball machine can do what AC/DC does! It simply King of pins. If you don't know how to play or won't take the time to learn,you will likely say you like Metallica better because it is simple to understand.

Risk,reward and adreniline pumping = AC/DC. Can't wait for the game to be over = Metallica.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I have owned a lot of pins and no other pinball machine can do what AC/DC does! It simply King of pins . If you don't know how to play or won't take the time to learn,you will likely say you like Metallica better because it is simple to understand .
Risk,reward and adreniline pumping = AC/DC. Can't wait for the game to be over = Metallica.

I have owned many pins, top pins like TZ, STTNG, IJ etc...

I didn't think acdc was going to be anything special, I pre-judged it due to the theme and art on the PF which I dislike. But after playing and owning one with the superior rules and fun gameplay. I honestly think it could one of the best ever.

#69 9 years ago

I had missed out on the first year of Metallica with the rules waiting game, like I lived through with XMLE.

I was curious if someone could go over the change that has happened with the latest update? In other words it seemed that people were dissatisfied with the early code, so what was changed? was it just the crank it up? Is CIU some type or mini wizard mode?

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have owned many pins, top pins like TZ, STTNG, IJ etc...

I didn't think acdc was going to be anything special, I pre-judged it due to the theme and art on the PF which I dislike. But after playing and owning one with the various modes and such fun to play. I honestly think it could one of the best ever.

You just described me as well. I'm now a converted man.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I have owned a lot of pins and no other pinball machine can do what AC/DC does! It simply King of pins. If you don't know how to play or won't take the time to learn,you will likely say you like Metallica better because it is simple to understand.

You may be right

If I swop my Met pro for ACDC, then I guess after a few 100 games I will know.

ACDC seems closer to IM which is my number 1 pin.

#72 9 years ago

ACDC seems closer to IM which is my number 1 pin.

That's funny because I always thought that Met played and felt a lot like IM 2.0 to me. Same designer, similar orbits with spinners, ramps in same location,drop target bank in place of War Monger, Hammer in place of Whiplash, etc.. ACDC is more derivative to Steve Ritchie's earlier games like T2 and Elvis.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I didn't think acdc was going to be anything special, I pre-judged it due to the theme and art on the PF which I dislike. But after playing and owning one with the various modes and such fun to play. I honestly think it could one of the best ever.

I played the pro at an arcade and did not like it AC/DC at all. Then I watched the Borg video on XMEN and it really sold me on the game and ended up buying an XMLE. What a mistake - It took me a while to recover but I finally got an AC/DC premium and I think it is the best game I have ever played. Luckily for me the benefit of waiting was I was able to get a Luci. I actually like the art on AC/DC - I really like the red LEDs with the lower play field and flashers. I added the red translusent apron and flasher kit under the apron and has quite a light show.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That's funny because I always thought that Met played and felt a lot like IM 2.0 to me. Same designer, similar orbits with spinners, ramps in same location,drop target bank in place of War Monger, Hammer in place of Whiplash, etc.. ACDC is more derivative to Steve Ritchie's earlier games like T2 and Elvis.

IM games are so short. Can have some pretty long ones on Metallica. For me anyway, ACDC games are painfully short!

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

ACDC is more derivative to Steve Ritchie's earlier games like T2 and Elvis

The other games mentioned do nothing for me! I have owned both and still have Elvis . Elvis will leave the building soon .

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

The other games mentioned do nothing for me! I have owned both and still have Elvis . Elvis will leave the building soon .

I agree. I've owned Elvis as well and sold it within a few months. The main reason ACDC is so great is because of the software and the music. Elvis has a great layout (even better than ACDC) but the software sucks. Honestly, if Elvis had kick ass Lyman Sheet's software and ACDC had basic Lonnie Ropp rule-set I'd pick Elvis every-time regardless of theme.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I added the red translusent apron and flasher kit under the apron and has quite a light show.

Me too and I couldn't imagine not having it. It really makes a huge difference. You certainly know when a multiball is ready.

#78 9 years ago

Got them both and since Met recent update ACDC collects dust. I guess I just have to wade through the rulesheet and see if I can spark interest. If maiden gets made, or ST gets finished, I could see ACDC leaving.

#79 9 years ago

Is there a better feeling In pinball then loading the cannon with the song jackpot built up over 100 mil and 3x running??? I can't think of anything. The only thing I've had that comes close is nailing that final shot in Jericho for 100mil or the final shot to finish super hero. But no game out there has ever made me sweat or keep me in edge like ACDC when in normal play with the song jackpot reaching crazy levels and figuring out the right time to cash it in.

Hats off to LFS!

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

If there was ever a time for a kettle black gif.....this is the time.

Quoted from smassa:

Is there a better feeling In pinball then loading the cannon with the song jackpot built up over 100 mil and 3x running??? I can't think of anything. The only thing I've had that comes close is nailing that final shot in Jericho for 100mil or the final shot to finish super hero. But no game out there has ever made me sweat or keep me in edge like ACDC when in normal play with the song jackpot reaching crazy levels and figuring out the right time to cash it in.
Hats off to LFS!

Couldn't agree more.

The comparison to IM and finishing Jericho is a good one, but I think the way that you build up the jackpot on AC/DC and try to get 3x going before cashing in really takes the cake and can't be beat in terms of putting you on edge and getting the adrenaline going.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Hats off to LFS!

What????

You get 100 million for finishing Jericho? Omg!

And 100 million with 3 times running does sound awesome but for the average player, out of reach.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

band member mode. Stern has told us this is coming soon.

I hope not.

#83 9 years ago

Why not?

What is band member mode?

If you don't like it, you could probably disable it or go back to older code.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Why not?
What is band member mode?

Wiener joke

#85 9 years ago

What????
And 100 million with 3 times running does sound awesome but for the average player, out of reach.

Only get 100 mil for finishing Jericho after collecting a do or die hurry up. I've only ever done it once.

#86 9 years ago

What????

50 million for completing Jericho.

Quoted from smassa:

Only get 100 mil for finishing Jericho after collecting a do or die hurry up. I've only ever done it once.

Yep.

#87 9 years ago

Wow, hard enough getting to Jericho - completing it must be one insane adrenalin rush

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

True, but also it you have to collect both on the same ball. DOD SJP gives you the countdown JP, but also doubles the playfield for the remainder of that ball. You then have to start Jericho , complete it and hit the SJP for 100 mil. If you get the DOD SJP in ball 1, and Jericho SJP in ball 2, you only get 50 mil for Jericho.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

True, but also it you have to collect both on the same ball. DOD SJP gives you the countdown JP, but also doubles the playfield for the remainder of that ball. You then have to start Jericho , complete it and hit the SJP for 100 mil. If you get the DOD SJP in ball 1, and Jericho SJP in ball 2, you only get 50 mil for Jericho.

Well I'm assuming that most people don't have Jericho set to carry over. What I meant was to collect the Do or Die and then complete Jericho at 2x scoring. It was a great feeling but collecting a 394mil song jackpot was even more of a rush.

#90 9 years ago

Hey, this thread is about rock & roll not super heroes

#91 9 years ago

One area where AC/DC definately beats Metallica is sound quality, I don't know why Stern would put a lesser sound system in MET after ACDC was such a hit. They should have used the same speakers in both. I was really disappointed when I played my Met premium for the first time and the sound sucked. I have since rectified the situation with a Polk Sub, but it should have been just as good from the factory.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have only played the pro version of Metallica, but was thinking of getting premium since I am a sucker for toys.
I wanted to ask if Metallica premium is viewed as highly or on par with AcDc premium, does it have lasting appeal and how good has the code made it, how does the build quality compare?
Also, I've read people were having issues with the hammer not always locking (maybe I read that on Pinball News) but is that still an issue?
Finally, do people think the premium is worth the $1800 premium over Met pro? Money is not the issue, but I was wondering if the pro is so good it's not worth getting the premium or yes?
Thanks all.

I think the premium Metallica played clunky. Hammer was always messing up regardless of the board fixes. Acdc played like a fine tuned piano in comparison. Premium is a waste of money on MEtallica. Ac dc it is a must. I had both in premium versions didn't really care for either game but th ACDC wins for me. Metallica as a pro is the way to go.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I think the premium Metallica played clunky. Hammer was always messing up regardless of the board fixes. Acdc played like a fine tuned piano in comparison. Premium is a waste of money on Metallica. Ac dc it is a must. I had both in premium versions didn't really care for either game but th ACDC wins for me. Metallica as a pro is the way to go.

Nope...

After i installed the Board Hammer is fixed and Awesome...Love the gameplay better then my Luci !

I Love going for modes and the CIU are Great,Lyman's doing a great job and more to come.

#94 9 years ago

Would the newer premiums ship with updated hammer board?

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Pretty sure man....why not ?

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

s there a better feeling In pinball then loading the cannon with the song jackpot built up over 100 mil and 3x running???

Hmmm - i wouldn't know...... yet

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes. Mine did.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Well I'm assuming that most people don't have Jericho set to carry over. What I meant was to collect the Do or Die and then complete Jericho at 2x scoring.

I think we are both on the same page.

Here is a scenario that could play out (irrespective of whether or not Jericho is set to carry over). To start DOD, you have to start all 5 modes (specifically, Ironman, Drones, Whiplash, Monger and War Machine) on the same ball. To start Jericho, you have to get 6 Marks (which includes the above modes, but also includes Bogey mode). Thus, you could have a game where you play all modes except bogey on 1 ball. That would light DOD. You start DOD and collect the SJP. Once that is completed, 2x scoring is on for the remainder of that ball. But because you did not get Bogey yet (i.e. Mark 6) Jericho will not be lit. If you drain that ball, then get Bogey (or another Mark via another mode) on ball 2, that will light Jericho. But 2x scoring will no longer apply. If you complete Jericho on ball 2 you will not get the 100 mil SJP, but rather 50 mil. If you have Jericho set to carry over in the above scenario, and you start Jericho on ball 2, but complete it on ball 3, you still get the same 50 mil.

Hence, it may not matter if you have Jericho set to carry over or not. Just wanted to clarify.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I think we are both on the same page.
Here is a scenario that could play out (irrespective of whether or not Jericho is set to carry over). To start DOD, you have to start all 5 modes (specifically, Ironman, Drones, Whiplash, Monger and War Machine) on the same ball. To start Jericho, you have to get 6 Marks (which includes the above modes, but also includes Bogey mode). Thus, you could have a game where you play all modes except bogey on 1 ball. That would light DOD. You start DOD and collect the SJP. Once that is completed, 2x scoring is on for the remainder of that ball. But because you did not get Bogey yet (i.e. Mark 6) Jericho will not be lit. If you drain that ball, then get Bogey (or another Mark via another mode) on ball 2, that will light Jericho. But 2x scoring will no longer apply. If you complete Jericho on ball 2 you will not get the 100 mil SJP, but rather 50 mil. If you have Jericho set to carry over in the above scenario, and you start Jericho on ball 2, but complete it on ball 3, you still get the same 50 mil.
Hence, it may not matter if you have Jericho set to carry over or not. Just wanted to clarify.

And people say Iron Man's rules are simple!?

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And people say Iron Man's rules are simple!?

IM rules are very simple compared to some newer games. After you wrap your head IM, try something like Xmen, or AC/DC.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-does-metallica-premium-compare-to-acdc-premium/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.