• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Take_Five_2.jpg
Take_Five.jpg
#1 14 years ago

I still dont get the point of the game or how it works lol. From what ive herd i guess that you have to see the machine yourself to really get it.

#2 14 years ago

never played it but I think it works similar to pinball where you have to shoot various targets and shots to light certain things and gain points based on those shots

#3 14 years ago

Its such a weird machine it reminds me of something from the flash gordon universe lol.

#4 14 years ago

Its kind of like space invaders, These aliens light up and move down the playfield, and you have to shoot them/the target behind them as they are moving. It also has certain targets to hit, that light up to get these nuke things that kill everything.

Its a wierd williams sudo pinball game, I played one at an auction in Toronto it sold for $300 in really nice shape. I should have bid on it cuz the guy sold it a month later on kijiji for $1100.

#5 14 years ago

oooo thats actually kind of cool it seems kind of advanced for when it came out. I saw another weird pinball machine online its kind of like a pacman cocktail table but its a pinball machine and it has flippers on both sides does anyone know the name of the machine?

#6 14 years ago

Yeah, i think you are refering to a machine called Take Five.
Was this the one? Go tou youtube and type in take five pinball, a guy has restored one and is playing it.
There used to be one in the early eighties at a local squash centre, not many left for sale.

Take_Five.jpgTake_Five.jpg

#7 14 years ago

That machine is pretty close but the one i saw had flippers on the other side so two people can play at once.

#9 14 years ago

I have a line on a 200$ project hyperball I just have not gotten around to pick it up. They are supposedly a real pain in the ass to get working and maintain.

#10 14 years ago

Here's a rulesheet:

http://pinball.org/rules/hyperball.html

Definitely a funky game, but sort of fun.

#11 14 years ago

Joust was exactly what i was looking for. Thnx SC

Jonnyo thnx for the rulesheet i have a better understanding of it now.

#12 14 years ago

I probably wouldn't bother maldoror. They are a pain in the butt to get working. Your better off trying to find an early 90's light gun game for that much scratch (Hyperball is very much a shooting game), and involves less repair....like a Terminator 2 light gun game that goes for little less than $200 bucks.

#13 14 years ago

Terminator 2 light gun is wicked ill i used to have it for my super nintendo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-does-hyperball-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.