(Topic ID: 130056)

How does Card Whiz rate?

By goldenboy232

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schudel5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from phergott:

I had Card Whiz for about a year, and enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't like about it regarding game play was once the dt's were down they didn't reset, and then it was only about getting points, which gets real old. For game play Top Card is fast and never gets boring.

That is the way most multi-player EMs are. At least you have that 3,000 point stand-up to shoot for once all the drops are down. One of the reasons why I like Fast Draw is the resetting center drop targets.

Games like Target Alpha, once all the drops are down, you are basically hitting rebound rubber for 10 points until you drain so you can collect your bonus.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

at the same time and if I do they are looking at their watch or firing up a different machine. By the time it gets back to the 4th player's turn I have to chase them down.

I thought you were talking about LOTR there for a second.

Never had that problem on any of my 4-player EMs. Typically ball times are so short they don't have time to go anywhere. Modern DMDs on the other hand...

I quite often have 4 players playing at the same time, especially in tournaments, which then I typically have to exclude Jungle Princess.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Have players one and two play together, and three and four play together. Pretty standard for league play.

I have done that and that's when I typically get people wandering off. It's even worse on the single player games. Honestly, I prefer 4-player games vs their 2-player counterparts.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schudel5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-does-card-whiz-rate?tu=schudel5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.