Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ikrananka
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GoldenBear.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have been hearing about a possible kit to fix the bugs on the Hobbit (i.e. Trapped balls, troll problems, wireform issues etc) here on Pinside always looking for an announcement or maybe even an email from JJP but I have heard nothing so far. I came across an article from Pinball Supernova (https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/08/04/mods-jersey-jack-hobbit-upgrade-kit-springs-plastics-and-wire-forms/) and there is talk about it being released but I cannot find any other news on this.

Does anyone know if this kit has been released?

If it has, how can a normal guy like me who actually follows pinball more than the average guy (since I scan Pinside generally every day to try and find out about these things) get news and info on ordering these things. Do I have to be a Facebook follower of JJP ? Do I have to call Jen weekly? Do I have to submit a repair ticket with Jersey Jack to say I have problems occasionally with balls being stuck or balls flying off of the wireforms. Neither of these options are attractive to me

Is the ideology to not advertise these things and wait for someone to complain to make it known...sort of the squeaky wheel gets oiled, but only if someone complains that it is squeaky...otherwise those that can tolerate it being squeaky can just put up with it.

By the way, I have purchased both of JJPs machines directly from JJP and was an early investor and still don't know the answer to these questions. Maybe I just need a distributor?

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks

#3 7 years ago

Does anyone know if one has to fill out a support ticket or will they notify and possibly send the kit automatically to game owners?

#5 7 years ago

BTW...They have my address since they sent me my machine that I purchased from them

If they don't want to send to EVERYBODY, will they at least send an announcement out so that those that are putting up with the squeaky wheel actually know there is a fix? Somewhat like the recall notices I get for my cars in the mail from time to time. I would suggest that course of action would be somewhat appropriate.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Once again, they don't have everyone's phone number or address. They're not psychics or magicians.

Thus an announcement might be appropriate, even if it is on their website...which it isn't at this time

I do believe they have a number of their clientele's contact info including email addresses, phone numbers etc...especially in my case since I have purchased both machines directly from them. I suppose they could also let the distributors know as well who might contact their buyers. My cars manufacturer company has that info even though I purchased it from a distributor. They send a simple letter out. Maybe not the commitment a Pinball manufacturer wants to make, I guess.

My point is you guys are in the know...incredibly knowledgable about these things. I would think that they would want happy customers even if that customer does not study Pinside. Releasing info about a tune up like this would be helpful for the less dedicated collector who still spends a lot of money on these toys.

#8 7 years ago

By the way, I am glad all you Pinsiders were there to help me find out about the kit

Thank you!!!

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Wizcat:

I agree with TxJay. Why would they want to publicise a minor issue in such a way that makes it seem like it's a big issue?
Product recalls (for cars or any other appliance) occur when there is a serious health or safety risk. If that was the case THEN I'd expect JJP to be proactively contacting customers, but ... we're just talking about a potential for stuck balls here right?

Quoted from jungle:

If you watch the you tube "JJP Hobbit Faults v1.21 software " by arcadeuk ( 11 mins in ) is that something that can be solved by a post or does it need a new wireform ?

Guys

I am not trying to bash JJP. I own 2 of their machines and was an early purchaser for both. And certainly I am not a troll...C'mon I have been collecting for over 10 years and have been on this site for years.

My point has been that I felt I had to work hard to find out about this kit even though I had been aware of the issues and noted in Pinside threads that a kit would be released. Even when I was looking for info of a release of this kit on Pinside I could not find an announcement. Even when I went on JJP website I could not find info on it...and I guess I did not think to open a ticket for repair when it was not a broken game per se but somewhat of an enhancement opportunity.

I felt as a customer service gesture, it should be easier. That is all.

The games JJP has made are great. I respect the company for starting up and trying to build quality machines. I respect the Guarnieri family for their dedication to pinball...

And I thank those that helped me figure out how to get the kit. There are many here on this site that are more dedicated and have pinball experiences that I do not have. I got my response on how to get the kit by opening a ticket as you say and I am good. I got great advice from fellow Pinsiders...I am happy. No drama please

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GoldenBear.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-does-a-hobbit-owner-get-the-upgrade-kit?tu=GoldenBear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.