(Topic ID: 61596)

How do your Pinball Arcade scores compare to real life?

By TimeBandit

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Mato
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Pinball Arcade is a great way to learn rules and practice strategy, but I get a sense it plays easier than real life. It often FEELS harder 'cause the flipper response is not totally without latency, but the scores I get sometimes knock me out. Scores I've never replicated on real machines. The billion point jackpot on BoPB at first try???!! Imagine how that would feel on a real machine? Racking up high scores on a virtual machine just seems a hollow victory.

#2 10 years ago

Pinball Arcade is much easier than the actual machines...the left ramp on BOPB is not a gimmie on the actual machine...it is great for learning the rules as you mentioned

#3 10 years ago

The bounce of the ball is very easy to predict once you've spent time playing each table and this is the main reason once you get dialled into it you can post some huge scores. There is basically no ball spin in this game so the ball behaves consistently.

#4 10 years ago

No comparison whatsoever...pinarcade is a million times easier...go look at some of the high scores...

#5 10 years ago

yep have to agree the real thing is more unpredictable then pinball arcade......once your use to a table it's very easy.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-your-pinball-arcade-scores-compare-to-real-life and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.