(Topic ID: 169332)

how do you upgrade the hobbit version 1.31?

By Monarca1091

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1474493981234-332009810 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Monarca1091.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

i just got a hobbit and i cant install the newest version , is there a video anywhere showing how to upgrade this pin.....thanks

#3 7 years ago

i had the initial code from factory 0.8 and upgraded to 1.01 with no problem but i cant g3t the 1.30 version on ....

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

In order to get the update to install properly follow the steps below.
1. Format your thumb drive
2. After downloading the update right click on the zip file and click "Extract All" (assuming you are on a PC)
3. Change your file destination to the root of your thumb drive and select "Extract"
Myself and others have ran into issues with updates failing to install if the file is first extracted / unzipped locally and then copied over to the thumb drive.

i followed exactly the step you tolled me and my monitor went blank ...first the monitor and then the lights in the pinball is this normal?

1474493981234-332009810 (resized).jpg1474493981234-332009810 (resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did it say updating and then go blank ? If so yes. Let it run until it reboots. If you turned it off, you'll need to reload a full install of 1.01 and then the update.
Here is for a delta update :
I use a PNY USB stick 8GB. Some brands don't work.
The update is a delta, not a full install.
I'm using a pc. Download the update, place on my desktop. It is a zipped folder. I left click it once, then right click and a list comes up, I click on extract all and send to a formatted fat 32 memory stick with nothing else on it.
When done I go to the machine with the machine turned on. Open coin door, plug in memory stick. Go to utilities and then to USB update and do what the screen says.
The screen will say update in progress. then go black. Just wait, eventually after 5 to 10 minutes the game will turn back on. Then remove memory stick and you are done.
Instructions for a full install are in the rear of the manual available here if you don't have it :
http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/game-specific-downloads/the-hobbit-downloads/
LTG : )

Hi LTG ....thanks for all the help....but after i installed the upgrade the way you tolled me , i even bought a memory stick of the brand you recomended, the monitor goes black , so i left it for about 20 minutes and it never said it was done ....it kinda wants to resart it says a few white small letters in the left top corner but then vanish in about a second ....then its all black again for 30 seconds and the letters start popping up again and it does the same thing over and over .....any advise what should i do next ?

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It never says done - it should just reboot to attract mode. Heck, leave it sit for 30 0r 40 minutes, won't hurt anything.
I'd start all over. Install 1.01. Then start with a fresh download of 1.31. ( Unless your game works fine, then try a new download of 1.31 )
Back of the manual has instructions for a full install - http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/game-specific-downloads/the-hobbit-downloads/
Maybe your copy of 1.31 was corrupted ?
LTG : )

everytime i try to do a 1.31 it don't work so i need to do a fresh 1.01 install.....im going to try and leave it for 30 to 40 minutes.....but ive heard from everyone who's done it that it only takes a few minutes to upgrade ....my hobbit is one of the first hobbits ever built can that be a problem ?

#12 7 years ago

thanks i really appreciate all the help....im going to let it run for more time, what is the maximum time i should let it run with a black screen ?

#15 7 years ago

i did 1 hour and 20 min and no response....so i installed again a fresh 1.01 code.....no luck ....

#18 7 years ago

i did every single step as you said and nothing im super fustrated ....i even downloaded the 1.01 code and i also downloaded the 1.31 ...i even bought a PNY memory stick as you tolled me but no luck ....im using a 32 gb stick ...or does it have to be 8 gb ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 25.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Monarca1091.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-upgrade-the-hobbit-version-131?tu=Monarca1091 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.