8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumble.jpg
    screwsss.jpg

#1 8 years ago

I am tearing down a playfield and putting all the parts in bags.

But in order to tumble and not take forever, I would need to combine the parts to be tumbled.

Do you just take more pics of the parts before combining to be tumbled, and then sort afterwards to match up the parts for each bag?

If you have any suggestions, please let me know!

#2 8 years ago

Take lots of pictures of stuff and what it goes with and do it all at once. On my SS games I've never really had a problem. Gottlieb decided standardized screws are for suckers in 1962 apparently, my Flipper Clown had a lot of very similar looking screws.

screwsss.jpgscrewsss.jpg

#3 8 years ago

Be sure not to cram too many parts in together in a tumbling cycle, otherwise they will scratch each other up.

As I remove screws, I take photos of them to ensure that I have a record of where they came from.

I usually tumble parts that came from the same assembly together to help keep track of them. It probably take a lot longer to do it like this, though. But for me, it makes the parts easier to sort through and re-assemble since I don't usually work on a pin all at once in a compressed period of time.

While tumbling is going on, I'll jump to working on something else in a machine, or some other project altogether.

#4 8 years ago

Where is the best place to buy the walnut media & Flitz?

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Harborfreight sells 25lb bags of media, as well as pet stores as lizard bedding.

Probably amazon for flitz, although I use mothers metal liquid polish instead.

#6 8 years ago

These guys are pros....
    tumble.jpgtumble.jpg

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

I bought the walnut from a local gun shop and from Cabelas. I used Novus 2 instead of Flitz.... only because I could never find it myself.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from Foo:

I bought the walnut from a local gun shop and from Cabelas. I used Novus 2 instead of Flitz.... only because I could never find it myself.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Flitz

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-tumble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.