5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by jmountjoy111
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 months ago

Ok so..... pretty simple question I guess but might not have the simplest of answers.

First off I will just say I prefer to always buy, sell, and trade games in person but I know that sometimes shipping is the only way. I know there are issues with shipping. I know there are risks. So I am not looking for someone to tell me to only deal in person.

How do you go about trading when both parties have to ship a game?

#2 5 months ago

Has to be someone you know and trust or I wouldn't even consider it

#3 5 months ago

I would say it seems risky. Like buying the pin sight unseen and having it shipped. Get well documented photos of both games with a news paper in photo of any distinguished marks. The problem I have is that people can never agree on condition. Check and make sure they have a good reputation. I just would be worried that what if they don't ship on their end and keep both games?

#4 5 months ago

The other guy has to ship first, you just don't want to be the other guy.

#5 5 months ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Has to be someone you know and trust or I wouldn't even consider it

What he said...

#6 5 months ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

This is more of what I was asking for. I would like to know the logistics of making the trade. I am already aware of all the risk. Just looking for people that have made trades like this in the past

#7 5 months ago

You could “sell” each other the pins. Send however much the game is worth and they send the game, then vice versa.

#8 5 months ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Yes I agree, I have the game shipped to me first as payment. Once it is received, then the game ships to the other party. I have found making trade deals across state lines is a very difficult task and it cost an average of $400-$450 for each game to ship unless you find someone that can do it for less. It seems like the only trade deals that actually work for out of state trades is when one of the parties is willing to do some serious driving. If NAVL could get the cost down it would make it worth it but to me $400+ is a tough pill to swallow for transportation cost, and often kills the deal.

#9 5 months ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

This is more of what I was asking for. I would like to know the logistics of making the trade. I am already aware of all the risk. Just looking for people that have made trades like this in the past

Use the same shipping company as the other party. See if you can make a deal with shipping company that the recipient cannot accept the game without handing over the other game packed and ready. Not sure if that’s possible.

#10 5 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

See if you can make a deal with shipping company

*Keep in mind if you ship two or more games with NAVL/STI it brings down the cost to ship each machine considerably. I always ask the other party if they have additional games for sale or trade, it makes it worth it.

#11 5 months ago

If you have a friend or family within a couple hours of the traders place, you could ship it to the friend and have the trader do a swap and drop off half the shipping price in cash. Or vice versa.

Quoted from chubtoad13:

You could “sell” each other the pins. Send however much the game is worth and they send the game, then vice versa.

I would go for this idea also.

#12 5 months ago

I have done it. We talked on phone, both had good pinside rep, and we just shipped at around the same time. I had to pay shipping on both games to offset funds I owed him.

#13 5 months ago

I appreciate all the advice guys. Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 37.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 4.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 42.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.95
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside